Staying Still

by Meghann on November 12, 2010

A week ago today I was on my way to San Francisco.

Is it too early to go back?!?! 😉

I’ve had a lot of comments quizzing me on my next travel adventures. Well, I hate to break it to you, but as of right now there are none. At least none until after the first of the year. That’s two whole months without having to step on a plane. Music to my ears. 🙂

I will be staying the night in West Palm Beach the night before my marathon in early December, but that’s only one night and a 3 hour drive. I think I’ll manage.

Traveling is loads of fun and I’m thrilled to have had the opportunities to see and visit where I have, BUT it’s also draining and having to leave Maddie every other week is not cool. I’m looking forward to spending as much time with my cuddle buddy as possible.

Oh, and spending time with Derek too. 😉

Maddie requested we sleep in this morning and I’m not one to deny her puppy dog eyes. When we did rise 30 minutes later than usual I just did a simple living room boot camp with 5 pound hand weights.

• 15 Bicep Curls
  • 15 Back Flies
  • 15 Overhead Presses with Kicks
  • 1 Minute of Punching with Weights
  • 1 Minute of front kicks
  • 1 Minutes of Back Kicks
  • 2 Minutes Jumping Jacks
  • 50 Sit Ups
  • 50 Sit up Twists
  • 50 Sit Ups with Alternating Toe Touches
  • 50 Push Ups
  • Repeat 2 more times

It was quick and just enough to jump start my body for the day.

I made a delicious Pumpkin Smoothie for breakfast.

IMG_6734

• Ice
  • Pumpkin
  • Plain Yogurt
  • Lactaid <—Free coupon from Foodbuzz Fest (since I don’t drink milk straight up it’s all the same to me)
  • Molasses <—key pumpkin smoothie ingredient
  • Lots and Lots of Pumpkin Spice <—- also key
  • 1/4 cup Rolled Oats

Toppings:

• Chocolate Chip Granola
  • Raisins
  • Honey Peanut Butter

IMG_6736

Last time I stated that my pumpkin smoothie tasted off and several of you recommended the addition of molasses to the blender. Brilliant idea! The molasses gave the smoothie a rich, sweet flavor that enhanced the spices beautifully.

IMG_6737

Time to get some work done!

(If only that work involved wearing a shirt everyday 😉 )

Happy Friday Everyone!!!

1 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat November 12, 2010 at 9:10 am

Ooh I’ve never tried molasses in a smoothie but that’s such a good idea! That’s great that you get to stay home for a while – I agree, traveling is fun but it’s definitely nice just to stay put!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Blogger Meetup x2

2 Amanda November 12, 2010 at 9:31 am

Your smoothie looks delicious. Hungry Girl should take some tips from you! 😉

3 Kelly November 12, 2010 at 9:39 am

I cannot wait until my move is over and I can slow down and not go anywhere!
Kelly recently posted..Earbud Mishap

4 Rachel November 12, 2010 at 9:51 am

That sounds like an awesome quick workout! I’ve been looking for something like that to combine with a quick run for a comprehensive routine.
Molasses in the smoothie is also a great idea. I like to combine banana with pumpkin, since the banana adds a lot of sweetness.
Rachel recently posted..Peanut butter chocolate M&M bars

5 Tab- Just Weighing In November 12, 2010 at 9:52 am

Sometimes it’s nice to not have to travel, isn’t it? enjoy your weekend!
Tab- Just Weighing In recently posted..Weekend Fun

6 Sarah @ Going on Goals November 12, 2010 at 9:56 am

Your smoothie looks great! Enjoy your time not Traveling! After a long time of being away a lot it is nice to just be home.
Sarah @ Going on Goals recently posted..Recipe Box Stuffed Acorn Squash

7 Becca November 12, 2010 at 9:58 am

That smoothie looks delicious! I never thought of putting molasses in mine!
Becca recently posted..Bosu- Round Two

8 megan @ blackberries for jam November 12, 2010 at 10:10 am

My pumpkin smoothies have been missing something too! I’ll have to try molasses! Do you use blackstrap or regular molasses?
megan @ blackberries for jam recently posted..An Introduction in Pictures

9 Marina November 12, 2010 at 10:12 am

I can’t find molasses anywhere 🙁
I guess my smoothies and pumpkin treats will have to lack that ingredient.
Enjoy your travel-less two months!

10 Biz November 12, 2010 at 10:22 am

I think you have traveled more this year than I have in the past 10 years!

Happy Friday Meghann! (p.s. I won the bet with my husband, even though he still doesn’t consider us friends because we’ve never met!)
Biz recently posted..No More Food TV!!

11 kathleen November 12, 2010 at 10:25 am

i go back and forth between molasses and maple syrup in things like pumpkin oats. travelling is draining i used to do a boston to west palm beach flight every other weekend . you get really good at travelling but it’s nice to not always be on the move all the time. enjoy your december at home!
kathleen recently posted..Mini baby shower

12 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday November 12, 2010 at 10:25 am

50 pushup??!! That’s impressive.
Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday recently posted..farm

13 CarrieBeth November 12, 2010 at 10:33 am

i need to keep that workout in mind when i can’t make it to the gym! and i HAVE to try that pumpkin concoction before the season is over!!!!

14 Nicole W. November 12, 2010 at 11:04 am

Its been years since I had a smoothie… I should dust off the blender and use it.
Nicole W. recently posted..Taste Review- Fuyu Persimmon

15 Kacy November 12, 2010 at 11:41 am

I love to travel, but if I did it as much as you have been I’d be glad for a few months off too! Enjoy the time with Maddie and Derek 🙂

16 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine November 12, 2010 at 11:45 am

I can’t believe it’s already been a week since Foodbuzz…I want to go back too!! Hope you have a great Friday!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Italian Wedding Soup Dinner

17 Hope November 12, 2010 at 11:57 am

That Pumpkin Smoothie looks amazing!! TGIF! 🙂
Hope recently posted..And In The Morning- I’m Making Waffles!…

18 Jessica @ The Process of Healing November 12, 2010 at 12:48 pm

The molasses is such a great idea!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Picture- Picture

19 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat November 12, 2010 at 12:54 pm

I am impressed with that boot camp workout! 50 push-ups x3?! You must be one strong woman!
Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat recently posted..Short On Words

20 Michelle (The Runner's Plate) November 12, 2010 at 12:54 pm

I love to travel, but it is also nice to stay home every once in a while too!
Michelle (The Runner’s Plate) recently posted..White Chicken Chili  Cornbread

21 Jessica@tastyandtrim November 12, 2010 at 1:50 pm

That pumpkin smoothie looks delicious! I want one now 🙂
Jessica@tastyandtrim recently posted..La Festa di Pizza

22 Silvina November 12, 2010 at 1:51 pm

Hi Meghann,
Just wanted to share an interesting video I found about barefoot running with you and some of your other readers!

23 katie November 12, 2010 at 1:52 pm

its a good time to not travel, with all the holidays coming up and all
katie recently posted..What day is it

24 Allie November 12, 2010 at 2:11 pm

Wow, I bet it will be nice to be home for 2 months! That is awesome 🙂 I had a pumpkin smoothie today too.
Allie recently posted..Cookie Monster

25 Angela November 12, 2010 at 2:26 pm

YUM! I miss pumpkin AND my lovely San Francisco so much! Is seven months too late to return? So excited for the food that awaits me the moment I get off the plane!

26 Anna S. @ History Running Girl November 12, 2010 at 2:27 pm

Molasses would make a delicious addition! I should try that next time.
Anna S. @ History Running Girl recently posted..Favorite Yogurts

27 Hangry Pants November 12, 2010 at 2:53 pm

You are cute.
Hangry Pants recently posted..bits pieces

28 movesnmunchies November 12, 2010 at 3:22 pm

mmmmm PUMPKIN smoothie! Maybe that might be the only thing that could stop me from having oats one morning…. I’m gonna make this for sure!
movesnmunchies recently posted..Banana Oats and Healthy Baking!

29 Heather November 12, 2010 at 4:42 pm

glad you get to stay put for awhile! traveling is so exhausting! I don’t know how you do it so much!
Heather recently posted..Runner’s Wardrobe

30 Angela (the diet book junkie) November 12, 2010 at 4:55 pm

traveling is fun, but it’s also nice to stand still for a moment. enjoy your time away from planes! 🙂
Angela (the diet book junkie) recently posted..have you ever faked it

31 Lacey @ Lake Life November 12, 2010 at 8:33 pm

Do you usually go to work topless? I guess that would bring true meaning to the term “casual Friday”. Lol!
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..Anti-Monkey Butt &amp Chicken Poop