It’s not the end of the world

by Meghann on November 12, 2010

Whoa!

That was a fun afternoon (or not).

I was on deadline for a major project at work. And you know how when you’re on deadline things always go wrong? That was me.

I realized I had the wrong e-mail format… I was missing copy… the html editing software had disconnected… our FTP login decided to change it’s password…my boss needed this out TODAY…. etc.

I know it’s one of those situations where ‘it’s not the end of the world’ but when your stress level gets so high and you feel the pressure, all of a sudden it does! It’s times like these I like to step back and remember Friday is almost over.

Luckily, piece by piece we were able to glue everything back together and that important e-mail was sent out to who it needed to go to. My head boss never realized anything was wrong and my supervisor was calm as a cucumber. Now those two hours of seem like a lifetime away.

Before that, my day was great.

I ate my last AllieBar. (told you I was a food hoarder 😉 )

IMG_6747

Had a colorful lunch

IMG_6750

GREEN Beans

IMG_6755

RED Apple

IMG_6758

ORANGE Carrots

IMG_6759

YELLOW Fritos

IMG_6761

Almond Butter Dipper

IMG_6754

(Yes, the Green Beans and Fritos were dipped too. 😉 )

IMG_6763

Enjoyed my last Homemade Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup for dessert. (RE: hoarder)

IMG_6773

And snacked on some grape tomatoes, cheese, and dried peaches.

IMG_6775

I am ready to go home. Relaxation here I come!

But First!

Congrats to Jenny & Colby who are getting married today!!!

jenny_colby

(Photo Credit: AVI Photography)

Yippeee!!!

1 Evan Thomas November 12, 2010 at 4:31 pm

But when it IS the end of the world,
We’ll all be singing REM

2 Ash Bear November 12, 2010 at 4:32 pm

Its the end of the world as we know it..lalalala 🙂
Ash Bear recently posted..2010 New York City Marathon Recap

3 Kacy November 12, 2010 at 4:32 pm

Ugh, that happens to me more often than not during a big deadline and it does seem like the end of the world at the time! But you’re right, it’s almost the weekend. Woosah 😉
Kacy recently posted..Tastes like miracles

4 Tab- Just Weighing In November 12, 2010 at 4:36 pm

Sorry it was a tough day! Here’s hoping the weekend’s better!

5 movesnmunchies November 12, 2010 at 4:42 pm

Almond butter for dipping veggies?! I have never even thought of that! I bet its delicious… what doesn’t go with almond butter?
movesnmunchies recently posted..Banana Oats and Healthy Baking!

6 Angela November 12, 2010 at 4:52 pm

Well thank goodness it’s the weekend!

7 Food & Other Things November 12, 2010 at 4:59 pm

I’m glad everything with your project worked out in the end! Your dark chocolate peanut butter cups look so good… I think I’m going to make them this weekend!

8 Mimi November 12, 2010 at 5:13 pm

At least you can feel infinitely better about your “hoarding” compared with those of TLC’s show!
Mimi recently posted..Breakfast date

9 Michelle (The Runner's Plate) November 12, 2010 at 5:45 pm

Your lunch looks like mine every day: a little of this and a little of that.
Michelle (The Runner’s Plate) recently posted..White Chicken Chili  Cornbread

10 Thetreadmilldiaries November 12, 2010 at 5:53 pm

Sorry parts of today were rough at work but glad you’re on the other side of it. Love the colors in the shots of your yummy snacks.
Thetreadmilldiaries recently posted..TGIF’s Product Picks

11 Emily (For Sweets Sake) November 12, 2010 at 5:55 pm

your lunch looks alot better than my scoop of protein powder and water probably was 😉 haha that’s what I get for sleeping an extra 10 minutes and running out the door without lunch!

12 Val @ Balancing Val November 12, 2010 at 5:57 pm

Glad things worked out! I hate those high pressure work situations. Especially techie ones 🙂
Val @ Balancing Val recently posted..IEW – Friday 2

13 RunningOnCoffee November 12, 2010 at 7:41 pm

I’ve done pb + carrots, but not green beans!
RunningOnCoffee recently posted..5 mi Speedwork Run

14 Semisweet Courtney November 12, 2010 at 9:17 pm

Glad you got your project done! Your lunch looks tasty 🙂
Semisweet Courtney recently posted..Quick Peppermint Patty Brownies

15 Anna S. @ History Running Girl November 12, 2010 at 10:02 pm

I had a day like that at work today. Ugh. I ended up having to stay late.
Anna S. @ History Running Girl recently posted..Favorite Yogurts

16 Halley (Blunder Construction) November 12, 2010 at 10:25 pm

Ooh, nothing like a nasty Friday to make you kiss the ground Saturday morning! Hope you can relax this weekend. I suggest you restock your homemade peanut butter cups!

17 Jenny November 13, 2010 at 8:41 pm

Oh my gosh! I can’t believe I’m in your blog! Thanks so much for posting the photo! I’ve been reading your blog forever (I love it!) and when Rachel showed me your post yesterday I thought it was so awesome and it really helped calm me down during a super stressful moment before the wedding. Thank you, thank you! You’re so sweet! My husband (ahh! So weird to say that) and I are leaving on our honeymoon tomorrow for a week, but I will definitely catch up on reading your posts when we get back 🙂 if you want, I can send you some wedding photos! Just email me 🙂 and thanks so much again Meghann!!!