Waiting and Waiting

by Meghann on November 11, 2010

This is what happens when you cook one thing for lunch and fill the plate while waiting: you end up with a little bit of everything.

IMG_3618

It all started with an ‘egg in a basket’ that took deceivingly long too cook.

IMG_3627

I made a salad with spinach, tomato, mushrooms, blue cheese, and honey mustard dressing.

IMG_3623

Toast still wasn’t done.

I saw a carrot and made carrot sticks

IMG_3626

Still not ready.

Found a bag of Fritos in the pantry and realized they were in fact not stale, but need to be eaten soon.

IMG_3624

Finally the ‘egg  in a basket’ was done (with the added smear of salsa) and my meal was complete. 🙂

IMG_3628

This morning a little thing of mixed nuts acted as my snack.

IMG_3616

Stylish Pajamas

LOVED all the comments on my one piece pajama set in the  IWearYourShirt Video. I’ve learned the best videos are always the ones that include as many embarrassing moments as possible. Even if it’s your butt wiggling around on the Wii!  😉

The PJS were actually a gift from my Mom two Christmases ago. Every year my Mom purchases a matching PJ set for herself, my Sister, and I. I was a BIG FAN of the ‘08 PJs simply for how hysterical they were!

(p.s. they’re not actually footie pjs, they were more like connected long johns)

Last year our PJs were a little more wearable. (The one pieces weren’t the best for late night potty runs… if you know what I mean)

I love our tradition and can’t wait to see what my Mom picks out this year. Maybe she’ll find a ‘footie’ version for us to hula in. 😉

NYC Marathon Recap

Two of my very best blog friends ran the NYC Marathon this past weekend! Check out their recaps (Here and Here) for true inspiration on what these ladies can do!

Congrats Leslie and Ashley!

1 Theodora November 11, 2010 at 2:45 pm

I have those same Target bottoms!

2 Heather @ Side of Sneakers November 11, 2010 at 2:45 pm

Those PJs are SO cute. We have the same tradition but for Valentine’s day. (Which is random.) 🙂
Heather @ Side of Sneakers recently posted..Planes- Trains- &amp Automobiles

3 suki @ [Super Duper Fantastic] November 11, 2010 at 2:46 pm

matching pj sets every year?! that’s an awesome tradition!
suki @ [Super Duper Fantastic] recently posted..Oahu 2010 – Swap Meet- Ono Seafood- and Malasadas

4 Maria @ Oh Healthy Day November 11, 2010 at 2:49 pm

Hands down the best tradition ever. I’m totally stealing it 🙂

You can never have enough pajama pants. I collect them for all seasons and holidays!

5 Gavi @ GaviGetsGoing! November 11, 2010 at 2:50 pm

Those matching pajamas are AWESOME!! I wish they were footie PJ’s, though…I miss those guys! You wigglin’ in your stylish onesie was definitely the highlight of the video. 🙂
Gavi @ GaviGetsGoing! recently posted..The half marathon that wasn’t for me

6 Shanna, like Banana November 11, 2010 at 2:52 pm

I adore this tradition! How wonderful 🙂 Love the onesie 😉

7 Ash Bear November 11, 2010 at 3:00 pm

My mom give me pj’s and cashmere every Christmas. I LOVE IT!!
Ash Bear recently posted..2010 New York City Marathon Recap

8 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday November 11, 2010 at 3:19 pm

I love the onesies but know I couldn’t wear one because of that pesky late night bathroom run issue.
Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday recently posted..farm

9 Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin November 11, 2010 at 3:19 pm

My family always does matching PJs for the girls and the boys at Christmas, too. I love the tradition!
Beth @ Beth’s Journey to Thin recently posted..Morning Workouts

10 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat November 11, 2010 at 3:20 pm

Haha I was ALLL about the one piece pj’s when I was little. And I’ve totally experienced that little conundrum you documented with your lunch. Haven’t had egg in the basket forever and I have no idea why!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Blogger Meetup x2

11 Kacy November 11, 2010 at 3:21 pm

haha, those pj’s are epic. I want some!

12 grocery goddess jen November 11, 2010 at 3:23 pm

I love footie pajamas. I haven’t had a pair since I was four, but still. I do see how the bathroom thing could be a problem, though.
grocery goddess jen recently posted..HIIT In My Living Room

13 Erin November 11, 2010 at 3:33 pm

My mother does the same for my sister and I…and now that we both have daughters ourselves…she buys them pjs that match ours…we get Christmas PJs on Christmas Eve night to wear for Santa…lol..I love it.

The one piece pjs are perfect for snowy weather here in Maryland…they came in handy while shoveling snow last winter!!

14 Hope November 11, 2010 at 4:10 pm

How cute is your mom?!! Matching pjs every year! So sweet!
Hope recently posted..Sunday Sessions

15 katie November 11, 2010 at 4:46 pm

OMG my mom does the same thing. not matching ones but every christmas eve she gives a set of PJ’s to my sister and I, plus a book and new ornament for the tree
katie recently posted..What day is it

16 Liz @ Blog is the New Black November 11, 2010 at 5:20 pm

Love the pJs! My brothers and I get some every year, also.

17 Leslie November 11, 2010 at 5:53 pm

Thanks for the shout out Meghann!! 🙂
Leslie recently posted..5 Years of Love

18 Val @ Balancing Val November 11, 2010 at 5:59 pm

Salsa & Eggs = Heaven

Nice jammie pants! For christmas I always get a campbells soup gift set. I thought it was so ridiculous one year so I get one every year now as a joke!

Id rather get pajamas . . . 🙂
Val @ Balancing Val recently posted..Intuitive Eating Weekend

19 Laura (Starloz) November 11, 2010 at 6:35 pm

i love family traditions!
Laura (Starloz) recently posted..10th Anniversary

20 Semisweet Courtney November 11, 2010 at 6:36 pm

Those PJs are so cute! My mom gets Xmas pajamas for me, too 😀
Semisweet Courtney recently posted..Quick Peppermint Patty Brownies

21 Melissa @ Running with Needles November 11, 2010 at 7:36 pm

That video is hilarious – I think the Wii hula hooping in the PJs will clinch the win for you.

22 Emily Eats Clean November 11, 2010 at 7:59 pm

Cute family tradition you have there…..those connected long johns are too funny! My mom usually gives my sister and I silly socks for Valentines Day!
Emily Eats Clean recently posted..Peanut butter shortage!

23 Lee November 11, 2010 at 8:04 pm

I just watched your video. Cutest thing ever. I hope you win. Will you really be able to quit your job if you do? Does it pay well? (I mean the wear your shirt gig, not your job!)
Lee recently posted..10K plan

24 Lee November 11, 2010 at 8:07 pm

Crap, I hope I didn’t just get you in trouble with this comment!
Lee recently posted..10K plan

25 Nicci November 11, 2010 at 8:06 pm

I love the matching pj’s super cute.

26 BroccoliHut November 11, 2010 at 8:30 pm

Cutest tradition EVER! I have two sisters, and my mom was always quite fond of dressing us all up in matching PJs for many years:)
BroccoliHut recently posted..I Love Apple

27 Lisa (bakebikeblog) November 11, 2010 at 9:11 pm

What an awesome tradition!

28 Laura @ Backstage Pass November 11, 2010 at 9:21 pm

Bahaha – love the pajamas. A couple years ago, my boyfriend and I received baggy fleece one-piece pj’s from his sister. We laughed them off until we moved to a new apartment which was very difficult to keep heated! At that point, we started wearing them over our regular pajamas, each and every night to keep warm. Too funny.
Laura @ Backstage Pass recently posted..The best kind of vacation

29 Cynthia Crowsen November 11, 2010 at 9:40 pm

I love my footie PJ’s for lounging on the couch but wear regular ones for sleeping.

30 Alyssa November 12, 2010 at 7:09 am

The PJs are adorable! My family has the same tradition – I am considering asking for the one pieces!
Alyssa recently posted..CRAZY