Afternoon Putting

by Meghann on November 11, 2010

Know how to sneak in a mini work out in the middle of the afternoon?

Play office mini golf! What a rush!

A couple of years ago my office started a Quarterly Mini Golf Tournament that has evolved into a competitive, team bonding, bi-weekly tradition of golf, good sports, and good time.

Each quarter the game changes slightly and this quarter’s game was a crazy race against the clock. My teammate and I took turns making our way to two separate ‘holes’ around the building. Our goal was to beat our opponent in both time and swings.

IMG_3634.JPG IMG_3635.JPG IMG_3637.JPG

We were successful in the time department (hence the rush), but not so lucky in the swing department. We lost by TEN! Booo!!!

IMG_3641.JPG IMG_3643.JPG

Luckily, our other team members had won the week before and since this was considered the ‘semi-finals’ we still walked away with a nice prize.

$25 AmEX GIft Card and $10 cash for participating. Sweet! If we had won this round we would have been guaranteed a prize of at least $50 each and the possibility of $100! Isn’t office mini golf fun? πŸ˜‰

I drown my golfing sorrows (though secretly celebrating that I still got a prize) with a Frog Hollow Pear. (I told you I came home with a bag full! πŸ˜‰ )

Dinner tonight featured another Foodbuzz Festival goodie.

This Brown Sugar Pork Rub came straight from the swag bag.

Pork? Baked tofu? Same thing, right?

I used the rub on some tofu and baked it at 420 for 20 minutes, flipped it, and baked for 20 before. I topped finished it with a little BBQ sauce.

The rub was not as sweet or strong as I was expecting. Next time I would make a paste of it with some water and let the tofu soak in that instead of going with a tofu rub. Besides that it was great.

The rub was also used to season my mashed sweet potatoes.

However, I didn’t add enough to taste it. Again, I was assuming it was going to be stronger than it actually was. πŸ™‚

I steamed a handful of green beans on the side.

And reheated a Jalapeno Corn Muffin.

My final Foodbuzz Swag Bag item of the night: Ghiradelli Chocolate Squares and Dark Chocolate Edamame (not actually from the swag bag).

Chocolate makes the world go round. πŸ™‚

Have you seen my video yet? Check it out. Have a laugh. Leave a comment. No pressure. πŸ˜‰

Whose ready for Friday?! ME! ME! ME!

1 mindy @ just a one girl revolution. November 11, 2010 at 9:27 pm

Office mini-golf? I seriously need to suggest that to my co-workers. Pretty sure they’d look at me like I grew a second head though.

SO ready for Friday.
mindy @ just a one girl revolution. recently posted..happy birthday- maxie boy

2 Ash Bear November 11, 2010 at 9:27 pm

I love the office mini golf idea!! I should buy a mini putting green for my office. CUTE outfit too!
Ash Bear recently posted..2010 New York City Marathon Recap

3 Evan Thomas November 11, 2010 at 9:28 pm

Your office is SO FUN. The one office I worked in was not that cool, not that cool at all.

4 Amanda November 11, 2010 at 9:30 pm

I love office golf! We had a ton of golf games at our house (rediculous gifts are given when you decide to take up golf in one summer) and I brought them to the office. We play Tic-Tac-Putt regularly. I really should talk to my boss about prizes…

5 breakingsilence @ Freshman -15 November 11, 2010 at 9:33 pm

I’m ready for Friday!! One of my classes got cancelled so I get to start my weekend early! Woo-hoo!
breakingsilence @ Freshman -15 recently posted..I may or may not

6 Jillian @ Reshape Your Life November 11, 2010 at 9:47 pm

I am pretty sure I want to work at your office. πŸ™‚
Jillian @ Reshape Your Life recently posted..A weighty issue

7 melissa (fitnessnyc) November 11, 2010 at 9:51 pm

really jealous you are still in sandals!
melissa (fitnessnyc) recently posted..Wake Up with Athleta

8 Missy Miller November 11, 2010 at 9:58 pm

You really need a warning on your video:
“Caution. The video you are about to watch may cause viewer to develop severe crush on this person’s adorable fabulosity. Viewer discretion advised.”

I promise I’m not a crazy stalker though so it’s all good.

PS.. I am not sure I ever commented here before because I get intimidated on the ..ahem…what did that magazine call you…the magnificent four or some crap…LOL. anyway. Love to love ya!

~Missy

9 Mara @ What's For Dinner? November 11, 2010 at 10:27 pm

I’m so jealous of the bag of pears. I knew I should’ve stuck around that table a bit longer… my ONE pear is to die for!!!
Mara @ What’s For Dinner? recently posted..FoodBuzz Fest- The WHO!

10 Mimi November 11, 2010 at 10:42 pm

I love your outfit!
Mimi recently posted..Breakfast date

11 Briana November 11, 2010 at 10:58 pm

That star plate is super cute. I believe nice dinnerware makes you enjoy your food even more!

12 Michelle (The Runner's Plate) November 12, 2010 at 12:55 am

I am SO ready for Friday, and chocolate definitely does make the world go ’round!
Michelle (The Runner’s Plate) recently posted..White Chicken Chili Β Cornbread

13 Maria @ runningcupcake November 12, 2010 at 2:27 am

Love your dress- very cute.
I am so glad Friday is here πŸ™‚ Hooray!
Maria @ runningcupcake recently posted..Beet it!

14 Lauren November 12, 2010 at 6:39 am

I love that your office always is having a good time. Parties with beer, golf tournies in the middle of the day, lots of awesome travel opportunities. What a great job you have!
Lauren recently posted..Get Well Soon

15 Lily's Health Pad November 12, 2010 at 7:31 am

Your putt putting looks so fun! I wish I got to do fun thing like that at work! ARe you sure you want to leave your desk job?

16 Hope November 12, 2010 at 7:58 am

Office golf is so fun! I wish we had that in our office! Good job winning the game! πŸ™‚ I am so happy it’s Friday!
Hope recently posted..And In The Morning- I’m Making Waffles!…

17 Laura @ Tidbits November 12, 2010 at 8:45 am

OMG that mini golf in the office looks like so much fun!!

18 Lauren @ Running Examiner November 12, 2010 at 11:43 am

I wish my office was cool like that… πŸ™‚
Lauren @ Running Examiner recently posted..Use music to enhance your endurance

19 katie November 12, 2010 at 1:52 pm

what an awesome idea for work!
katie recently posted..What day is it

20 Stefanie November 12, 2010 at 3:59 pm

Office mini golf? Sounds fun! Especially if prizes are involved. πŸ™‚

The addition of molasses sounds interesting! If I ever actually buy molasses, I think I’ll try it! πŸ˜‰

21 Jessi @ Quirky Cookery November 12, 2010 at 7:40 pm

Looks like office mini-golf is fun -and- has the potential to be quite profitable, lol!

22 Lacey @ Lake Life November 12, 2010 at 7:53 pm

You have confirmed my suspicions that I need to find a new job! We’re not allowed to wear sleeveless shirts OR open-toed shoes in my office, and we get in trouble for laughing, let alone playing putt-putt πŸ™
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..Anti-Monkey Butt &amp Chicken Poop

23 Teresa @ Teresa Tastes & Travels November 12, 2010 at 11:18 pm

This is such a cute post!
Teresa @ Teresa Tastes & Travels recently posted..…drum roll… They Accepted!