Lazy? Resourceful? Same difference.

by Meghann on November 10, 2010

You may call me lazy, but I call myself resourceful.

You see, the laptop acts as a heater on my legs. So, obviously working on the couch makes total sense, right?

A comfy couch is better than a desk any day of the week. This is why the good people invented laptops. πŸ˜‰

By the way, I love that it’s finally cool enough to use my race shirt blanket.

Love it!

Dinner tonight was another one of my special ‘bowls’ where I basically throw everything in a bowl and call it food. πŸ˜‰

On the stovetop I started by suateeing some onion, then added the last of my left over kabocha, chickpeas, and bbq sauce. The end result resembled a bbq sloppy joe if you will. πŸ˜‰

The bbq sloppy joe went on a bowl of parsnip fries and topped with parmesan cheese. (Shredded is the only way to go with parmesan. πŸ˜‰ )

Sloppy Joe Fries, what’s not to love?

1 Jalapeno Corn Muffin on the side.

My last Froggy Cookie from San Francisco for dessert!

I Wear Your Shirt

If you’re looking for a laugh then head here and check out my hiring video for IWearYourShirt.com

Screen shot 2010-11-10 at 9.48.05 PM.png

(How hilarious is that photo the YouTube Video paused on? Ha!)

And if you want to help a sister out then leave a comment below the video or share the link via Twitter or Facebook. πŸ˜‰

Screen shot 2010-11-10 at 9.54.35 PM.png

Just a suggestion. πŸ˜‰

I had mentioned this contest back in September, but have been so busy with traveling, auditioning for reality tv shows, and everything in between that I kept pushing it back. Let’s hope I’m not too late! πŸ™‚

1 Lacey @ Lake Life November 10, 2010 at 10:03 pm

I look the exact same way every evening- with a blanket and laptop on my lap. With the time change I’m pretty much ready for bed as soon as I walk in the door after work!
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..Anti-Monkey Butt &amp Chicken Poop

2 Alexia @ Dimple Snatcher November 10, 2010 at 10:03 pm

Yesterday my mother said I should stop putting my laptop directly on my lap. Actually she watched, heard, or made up a link to cancer.
I actually have it on my lap right now. I should really google if there’s any truth to what mama says…
Alexia @ Dimple Snatcher recently posted..Bad News-Good News

3 Lacey @ Lake Life November 10, 2010 at 10:08 pm

My mom warned me about it too but not because of cancer, because of skin burns. Even our guy @ Best Buy said laptops die faster if you don’t use a cooling mat.
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..Anti-Monkey Butt &amp Chicken Poop

4 Stefanie November 10, 2010 at 10:07 pm

I love bowls full of random foods! It always turns out delicious! πŸ™‚ Plus, you can satisfy multiple cravings at once!
Stefanie recently posted..Pumpkin Tempeh Wrap

5 Jason Sadler November 10, 2010 at 10:13 pm

I can’t stop laughing at the YouTube freeze frame, haha!

6 Meghann November 10, 2010 at 10:19 pm

I look scary right?

“Don’ touch my cake or I will eat you. Ahhhhh!!!” lol

7 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat November 10, 2010 at 10:50 pm

Jason–I’m going to vote for Meghann, but you should pick her no matter what because she is just plain awesome πŸ™‚
Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat recently posted..Thanksgiving Dinner–2 Weeks Early!

8 Tab- Just Weighing In November 10, 2010 at 10:22 pm

Love the blanket, that’s so cool. Did you make it yourself?
Tab- Just Weighing In recently posted..Weekend Fun

9 Kelly November 10, 2010 at 10:24 pm

Your video was hilarious!
Kelly recently posted..Professional Wedding Guest

10 Carolyn @ lovinlosing November 10, 2010 at 10:33 pm

Commented and tweeted! Good luck! BTW: My mother in law made my husband a similar type of shirt with all his favorite t-shirts from childhood. I’m hoping she’ll do the same someday with my race shirts. πŸ™‚
Carolyn @ lovinlosing recently posted..Festival Breakout Sessions and Tasting Pavilion

11 Rose November 10, 2010 at 10:49 pm

That video is so super cute, Meghann!
Rose recently posted..Pasta with Chicken- Kale and Chickpeas

12 Mariana November 10, 2010 at 10:53 pm

I use my laptop as a leg warmer too πŸ™‚
Mariana recently posted..El anteproyecto

13 RunningOnCoffee November 11, 2010 at 12:36 am

I have a quilt like your blanket with a bunch of shirts from HS stuff, made by my mother-in-law. Are all the shirts in your blanket cotton? (I’m guessing you didn’t use any tech shirts for it).

I am staying warm with my laptop on my lap too. If it gets late, I tend to fall asleep this way on the couch. My husband thinks it is hilarious and jokes that all I need is something warm on my lap and I will fall asleep. Speaking of falling asleep… I should really get to bed!
RunningOnCoffee recently posted..Goodies from Trader Joes and my first Group Run!

14 Sana November 11, 2010 at 2:21 am

My laptop is an epic leg warmer! Your video is too cute πŸ™‚ I love you are not afraid to be your true self :)!

15 Evan November 11, 2010 at 3:06 am

Frogs legs?

16 Jillian @ Reshape Your Life November 11, 2010 at 7:56 am

I loved the video meghann! I commented and shared on facebook. I still need to figure out the twitter thing. lol
Jillian @ Reshape Your Life recently posted..A weighty issue

17 Elizabeth November 11, 2010 at 7:56 am

Wtahced the whole video and died laughing… the good kind of laughter too… with you! πŸ™‚ Seriously that was a great video. Good luck with the contest and hope you win! I’d love to get away from my desk job too.
Elizabeth recently posted..Tis the Season to Be Thankful

18 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine November 11, 2010 at 8:01 am

I watched the video last night…love it. Especially your skills with running and videoing at the same time!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..So Long- San Francisco

19 Halley (Blunder Construction) November 11, 2010 at 9:27 am

That video screen cap is SO silly! The video is great too, good luck! Not that I 100% understand the job, but I sure hope you get selected so you can spell it all out for me.
Halley (Blunder Construction) recently posted..Verging on Vegetarian

20 Shanna, like Banana November 11, 2010 at 9:58 am

I think “anything goes” bowls are the best.

BTW, frosted sugar cookies are a fave of mine πŸ˜‰
Shanna, like Banana recently posted..Shoes-Day!

21 Faith @ lovelyascharged November 11, 2010 at 1:46 pm

I dont really get crampy all that often, but when I do my swear-by fix is lounging in bed for a few hours with the laptop on my belly instead of a heating pad πŸ˜‰
Faith @ lovelyascharged recently posted..Make Mine a Double!

22 Clare @ Fitting It All In November 11, 2010 at 2:48 pm

AWESOMEEE video! You are so cute!!!

23 Shannon, Tropical Eats November 11, 2010 at 4:34 pm

love your video!!!
Shannon, Tropical Eats recently posted..True Life- I Got Lost at the NYC Marathon