Pizza Toast

by Meghann on November 9, 2010

Work was TOUGH today.

Between a full inbox, double meetings, and the post-vacation blues, I was in desperate need of hot yoga this afternoon. I was craving it by the time the click struck 5:00 and I was out for the day.

Between meetings I grabbed a Chocolate Chip Brownie Larabar to snack on.

Tonight’s yoga practice was what every yoga class should be. It started off slow and warm. Became fast and sweaty. Then finished with a relaxing, stretchy cool down. Love.

The 80 minute yoga practice always clears my head and leaves me feeling refreshed and renewed. The feeling of bliss as I drive home makes it all worth it.

I was unusually hungry after yoga. Usually I walk in not wanting to eat anything, tonight I came home wanting to eat the kitchen. While I figured out what I wanted for dinner I stood in front of the fridge eating handfuls of cheese, bites of carrot, and a couple of handfuls of Fritos. πŸ™‚

When I did finally decide what I wanted I was almost full of random snacks.

Dinner was what I would like to call Pizza Toast.

Two slices of toast topped with marinara sauce, carrots, mushrooms, mozzarella, parmesan cheese, meatless meatballs, and fresh basil. Under the broiler for two to three minutes or until cheese is melted.

I really wanted pizza, but had no dough or crust. The toast was a great back up plan and made for a delicious quick meal.

Pumpkin Ice Cream with Chocolate Chip Granola for dessert.

Gossip Girl and Glee awaits!

1 Shannon @ Freshman Yr of Life November 9, 2010 at 9:40 pm

The first few days after vacation is the worst :/ I’m craving that pumpkin ice cream!!
Shannon @ Freshman Yr of Life recently posted..Brooklyn Living

2 Stefanie November 9, 2010 at 9:42 pm

Great pizza idea! I really wish I had a hot yoga studio in my area! Sounds amazing! πŸ™‚
Stefanie recently posted..Ancient Grains Granola Giveaway –

3 Beth (kitchenminions) November 9, 2010 at 9:45 pm

I totally understand about exhausting days! That pizza looks easy and tasty!
Beth (kitchenminions) recently posted..a gem of a city

4 Megan @ a very meg gril November 9, 2010 at 9:47 pm

I hope tomorrow is better for you.. I hope yoga made you feel better πŸ˜‰
Megan @ a very meg gril recently posted..Confession

5 Heather November 9, 2010 at 9:54 pm

Ahh Meghann, did that dinner really fill you up?!

6 Amy November 9, 2010 at 10:02 pm

You’ve got me convinced – I NEED to try hot yoga!
Amy recently posted..exactly right

7 Elizabeth November 9, 2010 at 10:12 pm

Where do you get CHOCOLATE granola from?
Elizabeth recently posted..Celebrating the Holidays

8 Emily November 9, 2010 at 10:15 pm

When I was growing up — we would ALWAYS make pizza english muffins when dough or bagels weren’t around. Love your take!
Emily recently posted..Confessions of a Former Yoga Virgin

9 janae @hungryrunnergirl.com November 9, 2010 at 10:30 pm

What a good idea…I have all of those ingredients! I absolutely love Glee! I can’t wait to watch it!
janae @hungryrunnergirl.com recently posted..Its a miracle

10 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat November 9, 2010 at 10:55 pm

I definitely do versions of pizza toast when I am exhausted or just feeling uncreative. I’ve used french bread, foccacia, and naan before!
Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat recently posted..Catching Up

11 Laura (Starloz) November 9, 2010 at 11:58 pm

pizza toast, um thats genius
Laura (Starloz) recently posted..brb

12 Brittney November 10, 2010 at 1:07 am

I make pizza on wheat thins ALL the time. It’s perfect and easy! Yours looks so good. πŸ™‚
Brittney recently posted..I love lazy weekends

13 Lauren November 10, 2010 at 6:46 am

Post vacay blues stink!! But glad yoga was able to help. And ice cream! That ALWAYS helps!
Lauren recently posted..Do You Keurig

14 Jen November 10, 2010 at 6:56 am

Love the pizza toast idea!!!

Jen
Jen recently posted..November Goals

15 Tab- Just Weighing In November 10, 2010 at 7:01 am

sorry to hear about work – we all have tough days like that but it sure doesn’t make them any easier does it? πŸ™‚
Tab- Just Weighing In recently posted..Weekend Fun

16 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine November 10, 2010 at 7:29 am

Ohhh that pizza toast is such a good idea! Reminds me of a healthified version of the Ellio’s stuff my mom used to let us have on Friday nights. Hope today is better for you!!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..So Long- San Francisco

17 Hope November 10, 2010 at 8:22 am

Love how that pizza toast looks! Delicious! I watched Gossip Girl and Glee last night too!! Gotta love the DVR! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..Someday I’ll Wish Upon A Star…

18 Alicia at Poise in Parma November 10, 2010 at 9:46 am

I completely agree with you about the drive home from a great hot yoga class. I feel so renewed – both mentally and physically. I never want that “yogi’s high” to end!
Alicia at Poise in Parma recently posted..ten things this tuesday- fabulous food show

19 Jenna Mock November 10, 2010 at 9:55 am

Pizza toast! That reminds me of my pizza bagels when I was younger πŸ™‚
Jenna Mock recently posted..Drool

20 Leah @ L4L November 10, 2010 at 10:09 am

Cooking Light has this amazing grilled vegetable cous cous salad that I’ve made for a couple of potlucks at work. It is amazing.

Leah @ L4L recently posted..So Long- San Fran!

21 Clare @ Fitting It All In November 10, 2010 at 1:09 pm

I do that when I’m craving pizza all the time!! Lots of times on a wrap instead of bread.
Clare @ Fitting It All In recently posted..Feta In My Finger Nails

22 Becca November 10, 2010 at 1:21 pm

That icecream looks delicious!
Becca recently posted..Exposing Myself

23 Sarah November 10, 2010 at 6:02 pm

Aahh! We used to have pizza toast all the time as kids. Usually just whole wheat toast with tomato sauce and mozzarella. It was so good though. πŸ™‚
Sarah recently posted..Cravings