Maddie?

by Meghann on November 9, 2010

Dear Puppy Hotel,

Where is my Maddie and what did you do to her? This angel of a dog who went to her crate all by herself this morning – and sat there for 5 minutes with the door wide open – certainly isn’t my kind hearted, yet stubborn Maddie. Is it?

IMG_6584

Maddie was pooped last night. She called it an early night around 8:00 and when I found her she was snoozing on my bed snuggled deep in the covers. They must have worn her out good at the kennel because she was still just as pooped this morning. I think she just wanted me to leave, so that she could get back to sleep.

IMG_6586

Poor thing.

Though, I hope this new Maddie stays. Chasing her behind the couch every morning and bribing her with treats was getting old. 😉

The temps dropped while I was away this weekend. It was in the 40s when I awoke this morning and for the first time this season I had to pull out a long sleeve shirt to run in! If the weather is like this for my marathon in a few weeks I will kiss the ground I run on. 🙂

I did an easy 3 miles according to my plan, then took Maddie for a half mile walk around my complex. The perfect work out to get back in the groove of things with.

Cereal made an appearance for breakfast.

IMG_6581

• 1/2 cup Green Wise Flakes
  • 1/2 cup Quaker Oatmeal Squares
  • 1/4 cup Jessica’s Chocolate Chip Granola
  • Ricotta Cheese
  • Fig Jam
  • 1/2 Pear

IMG_6583

I rarely eat cereal for breakfast while I’m traveling, so it’s comforting to come back to a big bowl of it when I return.

IMG_6577

My work inbox scares me at the moment. Time to load up on caffeine and begin tackling it from the bottom up. At least it’s Tuesday and not Monday. That gives me hope. 😉

p.s. I miss all my Foodbuzz friends already! I hope everyone had safe travels home! I can’t wait to catch up on all the adventures!

1 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday November 9, 2010 at 9:04 am

Oh no, do you really have to bribe her into her crate every morning? Good thing the puppy hotel tamed her a bit! That must be a bit of a relief.
Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday recently posted..farm

2 Sarah @ EatRunGarden November 9, 2010 at 9:05 am

I hope you told her what a good puppy she is for going into her crate all by herself. Maybe she is just being extra good because she missed you
Sarah @ EatRunGarden recently posted..Mushrooms are Delicious

3 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat November 9, 2010 at 9:07 am

When I lived at home, our dogs were always super excited to see us when they came home from the kennel, but I think all the excitement wore them out for the next couple of days after that. Your breakfast looks lovely! Sometimes I think it’s nice to just go back to simple cereal after oats, omelettes, pancakes etc – it’s just so good!! Have a great day and good luck with the email catch-ups!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Blogger Meetup x2

4 Carly (Swim, Run, Om) November 9, 2010 at 9:11 am

LOL, Bowser always behaves himself when he’s extra tired. I’m sure she’ll be back to her old tricks in a few days. 😉

Good luck with your work e-mail! That’s the worst part of coming back from being out of the office.
Carly (Swim, Run, Om) recently posted..Stress relief

5 Tab- Just Weighing In November 9, 2010 at 9:50 am

Maddie’s so cute! I have a dog who can quite often be stubborn too and I sure appreciate the times he does exactly what I ask. Rare, but nice.
Tab- Just Weighing In recently posted..Weekend Fun

6 Kelly November 9, 2010 at 9:52 am

Haha I’m sure Maddie will be back to her old self in no time.
Kelly recently posted..Professional Wedding Guest

7 Jenn @ LiveWellFitNow November 9, 2010 at 10:14 am

Maddie is precious. 🙂 As is that bowl of cereal. Fall goodness (apple + pumpkin is overflowing in this house. Still). I don’t know if I can ever create a breakfast without apple or pumpkin somehow involved.
Jenn @ LiveWellFitNow recently posted..This weekend I

8 Amanda (Eating Up) November 9, 2010 at 10:23 am

My dog is always super tired from the kennel. She sleeps for two days straight! I guess all the dogs and noise really wear them out.
Amanda (Eating Up) recently posted..Save Up- Buy Wine in the Fall

9 Michele @ Healthy Cultivations November 9, 2010 at 10:27 am

Maddie is so sweet. It’s so obvious how much you missed her while gone!

10 Sarah for Real November 9, 2010 at 10:36 am

My JRT is so much more well behaved when she is good and tired. Especially when she comes back from the doggie hotel. It’s like she’s trying to prove that she is a good dog so we won’t send her back!

11 Biz November 9, 2010 at 10:38 am

Aw, Maddie is so fricken cute! It takes days for our dog to recover from being at the kennel – they must really wear them out!
Biz recently posted..No More Food TV!!

12 Dorry November 9, 2010 at 10:48 am

I hope you have cool weather for your marathon, too! The temps in Dallas have been great for my morning training runs but there is no telling what the temp will be on race day (December 5th). I’m crossing my fingers for 50-55. 🙂
Dorry recently posted..Practice Makes…

13 rebecca lustig November 9, 2010 at 10:53 am

seriously, how can you not fall in love with maddie’s face? she looks so innocent!

14 Alina @ Duty Free Foodie November 9, 2010 at 11:03 am

How adorable!

Sometimes when our dog gets worn out she falls asleep on my lap in the car. Moments like that I wish I had a third hand for picture-taking.
Alina @ Duty Free Foodie recently posted..Oh My Ganache

15 Ali November 9, 2010 at 11:05 am

Oscar was kind of a Saint when I picked him up at midnight that night. This morning he went to the bathroom in like 5 minutes instead of smelling EVERY blade of grass before committing to poop! Strange! I wish I got to hang out with you more in San Fran!
Ali recently posted..Weekend that felt like a weeks worth of vacation!

16 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat November 9, 2010 at 11:05 am

Aww, that face is so adorable. She can’t give you that much trouble, can she?
Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat recently posted..Plain View

17 ac November 9, 2010 at 11:11 am

You should put something comfy like a blanket in her kennel. Doesn’t look very comfortable to sit on plastic for most of the day. She might be more willing to go in if you do that and a bone or toy.

18 Meghann November 9, 2010 at 11:23 am

Every time I’ve tried to put a blanket or pillow in the crate with her, she’ll pee on it then push it to the side. I’ve pretty much given up on it now. 🙂

19 Ali November 9, 2010 at 11:50 am

Whenever my dog has to go to the kennel, she gets a “report card” back which says things like, “plays well with others.” haha it’s funny they make it like she’s a little kid away at school or camp.
Ali recently posted..Treadmill Workout

20 michelle November 9, 2010 at 11:53 am

Your Foodbuzz pics look awesome. Wish I could have been there!
michelle recently posted..Two Marathon Questions

21 Matt November 9, 2010 at 12:21 pm

I wouldn’t be complaining though… Maybe Maddie is just growing up 😉
Matt recently posted..Winter Workout Motivation

22 kate November 9, 2010 at 12:21 pm

I love returning to a balanced breakfast after vaca!

23 Melissa @ For the Love of Health November 9, 2010 at 12:29 pm

amazing looking breakfast! Yum!
that’s so awesome puppy has calmed down- some ppl are just magical with dogs
Melissa @ For the Love of Health recently posted..These are a few of my favorite things

24 Jessica@tastyandtrim November 9, 2010 at 12:47 pm

AW Maddie is too adorable! I always have to chase Snickers around and bribe him with treats. I swear it’s a treat every time he actually listens 🙂
Jessica@tastyandtrim recently posted..La Festa di Pizza

25 Sarah-Mae @ Eat, Run, Knit November 9, 2010 at 1:04 pm

It’s okay, I’m sure you’ll be chasing her around again in no time 😛

26 Derek November 9, 2010 at 1:43 pm

She looks possessed….in a good way.

27 Brie @ Brie Fit November 9, 2010 at 1:46 pm

We play “crate fairy” with Milhouse to get him to love his crate. We leave the door open all the time, and will randomly leave (when he’s not looking) a really yummy peanut butter Kong or other awesome treat in there for him to find. Since we’ve started doing that, he LOVES his crate because he associates it with random deliciousness. It really works!
Brie @ Brie Fit recently posted..It’s that time of year

28 Kiran November 9, 2010 at 2:09 pm

Oh Maddie 🙂 She is a cute keeper!

29 Sana November 9, 2010 at 3:31 pm

Awww your baby is so cutee!
Sana recently posted..Jail Cell