The Gala

by Meghann on November 7, 2010

Weeks before the Foodbuzz Festival even began, the twitter world was all aflutter over the Saturday evening Gala Foodbuzz was planning.

What would the menu be like? What is everyone wearing? How are we going to make the 1 mile hike to the ferry building in heels?

I only had my experience from las year, but when the word ‘Gala’ is thrown around I was curious how different this year’s dinner would be. 🙂

The mile walk in heels? Wasn’t a problem at all. I believe the great warm weather and huge crowds of people made the journey a breeze.

When we arrived passed hor dourves were being distributed just outside the entrance of the ferry building. It was crammed and tight and the 350 people squeezing together made for some fun face to face (literally) small talk. 🙂

It also made it difficult to try the hor dourves. I only saw one tray pass by with a warm polenta cup. It was amazing, but I couldn’t get a photo.

What to wear? What to wear? I went back on forth on this one? Uber dressy or semi-dressy? In the end my comfy gray sweater dress and leggings with boots beat out it’s competition of little black dress and ballroom gown.

IMG_6381.jpg

Obviously my ensemble was the perfect choice. I guess hue of gray and lavendar is very in right now. 😉

(3 of 4).jpg

(photo courtesy of Ashley)

Foodbuzz did an amazing job transforming the second story of the Ferry Building into a magical foodie paradise. As bloggers flooded in tables filled up with enthusiastic photographers judging and documenting every little, gorgeous detail of the tables and room.

IMG_6278.jpg

The menu was a creative tasting for the sense. A four course meal of local, organic food to please any palate.

Roasted Golden Beet Tart Crimson Beet, Feta and Currants, Wild Arugula and Basil Puree

Paired with 2009 Bonny Doon Vineyard Ca’del Solo Albarino

IMG_6319.jpg

Seared Scallops with Bonny Doon Vineyard Verjus Beurre Blanc served with Braised Fennel and Garnished with Fried Fennel Fonds

Paired with 2007 Bonny Doon Vineyard Le Cigare Blanc

Rosemary and Garlic Infused Rack of Lamb served with Local Wild Mushrooms, Pinot Noir Sauce and Butternut Squash Puree

Paired with 2006 Bonny Doon Vineyard Le Cigare Volant

Tarta de Almendras with Oranges Buttery Almond Cake with Oranges and Spanish Sherry Sabayon

Paired with 2008 Bonny Doon Vineyard Vinferno

And hot tea 🙂

The dinner was a smashing success. The food was great. The company was great. And the service was excellent. ( Our poor waiter got stuck with the ‘special table’ but her handled it like a champ!)

Thank you again FoodBuzz for everything you do! I’ve never been more thrilled to be a part of such a great community!

IMG_6382.jpg

But wait! There’s more to come. 😉

1 Sana November 7, 2010 at 4:10 pm

I hope you have a safe flight home!
Sana recently posted..Jail Cell

2 Heather November 7, 2010 at 4:10 pm

yall all look so pretty! Love that color of purple on the tables.

3 Hope November 7, 2010 at 4:13 pm

Wow, dinner looked incredible!!
Hope recently posted..Need a Distraction

4 Katie November 7, 2010 at 4:32 pm

Droooool….that entire menu sounds divine!!!!
Katie recently posted..Rewind Sunday

5 Angela November 7, 2010 at 5:26 pm

I envy the food that goes into your stomach. ahha
Angela recently posted..Things I Miss About the South-Midwest While in Germany

6 janae @hungryrunnergirl.com November 7, 2010 at 5:28 pm

I LOVE your dress and that tarte looks amazing!
janae @hungryrunnergirl.com recently posted..Change of plans

7 Lew November 7, 2010 at 5:32 pm

I am sorry you didn’t get any photos of the appetizers they were both beautiful and amazing. We were standing where they had to bring them by us and were able to take some photos. Have a safe trip home.
Lew recently posted..Foodbuzz Tasting!

8 Matt November 7, 2010 at 5:40 pm

Oh my god that dinner looks awesome! I want to pick up that Lamb and gnaw on it from the bone 😉

9 kathleen November 7, 2010 at 5:40 pm

that’s funny that all of you match even though you probably didn’t plan it that way =)
kathleen recently posted..Can I get a redo on the day

10 Tab- Just Weighing In November 7, 2010 at 5:43 pm

wow – it looks amazing! Love the dress too!
Tab- Just Weighing In recently posted..Weekend Fun

11 Rachel November 7, 2010 at 5:51 pm

Looks like a beautiful event! That roasted golden beet tart would definitely be my favorite part.
Rachel recently posted..Peanut butter chocolate M&M bars

12 Melissa @ For the Love of Health November 7, 2010 at 5:55 pm

fantastic photography! the event looks amazing
Melissa @ For the Love of Health recently posted..Thank you- Veterans

13 Allie November 7, 2010 at 6:04 pm

Your dress is soooo cute! It was the perfect outfit for the gala 🙂 Everything looks delicious!
Allie recently posted..Tomorrow is Friday

14 Lisa (bakebikeblog) November 7, 2010 at 6:16 pm

oh my – it certainly looks like a fancy and fun-filled affair!
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..Tackling the trails…

15 Michele @ Healthy Cultivations November 7, 2010 at 6:26 pm

This was a wonderful description of the evening. Your photos and descriptions make me feel like I was there too.

16 Derek November 7, 2010 at 6:33 pm

mm, rack of lamb with mushrooms. I’m going next year. Don’t try to stop me.

17 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine November 7, 2010 at 6:52 pm

I have to say, I didn’t notice your table’s matching color scheme until seeing the photos of you all together. Too funny!

I loved seeing you again this weekend!! Going to the market with you and Melissa was so much fun. Have a safe trip home and hopefully I’ll see you again soon!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..So Long- San Francisco

18 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine November 7, 2010 at 6:52 pm

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..So Long- San Francisco

19 G November 7, 2010 at 7:09 pm

Just curious: What do you mean by ‘special table’ ? Lots of special dietary requests/needs?

20 Biz November 7, 2010 at 7:39 pm

I love your outfit Meghann! 😀 Glad you had such a great time – I am sure its hard to pick which pictures to post!
Biz recently posted..No More Food TV!!

21 Shannon @ Philadelphia Phitness Pharmacy November 7, 2010 at 8:24 pm

This gala looks so so fun! I am super jealous!! Glad you had a great time!
Shannon @ Philadelphia Phitness Pharmacy recently posted..Big Ol Salad!

22 Jessica @ The Process of Healing November 7, 2010 at 10:56 pm

What a delicious dinner! And you look beautiful!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..An Addiction

23 Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) November 7, 2010 at 11:43 pm

It was nice to meet you this evening at dinner!!!

I hope you didn’t miss your shuttle!!!

24 Kiran November 8, 2010 at 12:11 am

Delicious food and company in a spectacular gathering. Superb! And the food looks so droolicious 😉
Kiran recently posted..Cucumber raita

25 Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! November 8, 2010 at 12:22 am

The Gala looks like an absolute blast!! I love all of the pictures, especially the ones of everyone else with their cameras out!! You know it’s a bloggers party when there are a million cameras everywhere!
Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! recently posted..Whole Wheat Oat Bread

26 J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) November 8, 2010 at 1:09 am

I feel like my camera is so dirty compared to the shiny one on the table, lol.

Love the photo of all the girls! Such pretty dresses.
J3nn (Jenn’s Menu and Lifestyle Blog) recently posted..Lunch and Dinner With The Mister- Plus One

27 Lauren November 8, 2010 at 6:51 am

You all look gorgeous and the food looks fantastic and it just appears to be the perfect night! 🙂
Lauren recently posted..Flavors of Fall

28 Heather November 8, 2010 at 11:51 am

What is that gorgeous green centerpiece? I need to know! I’m planning a wedding and I am kind of in love with its simplicity.
Heather recently posted..back in the kitchen

29 Jodie November 8, 2010 at 11:56 am

Just love your dress. Simple but elegant.
Jodie recently posted..Exercise of the Month