more ยป" />

Scones, Fruit, and Friends

by Meghann on November 6, 2010

You know you have the best roommates in the world when the alarm goes off at 5:45am and every single one of them hops out of bed ready to run.

Fun Fact: though we live thousand of miles a part, I’ve run races with all three of them!

And if it wasn’t for the blog I wouldn’t know any of them. Love these ladies so much!

IMG_3464.jpg

We were up early because a large group of bloggers were meeting in the hotel lobby for a pre-sunrise run.

The large group of 20 or so ran two miles out to pier 39 and two miles back. We split naturally based on pace and I tried to stay at the front of the pack (8:45ish pace?). It was great catching up with both old and new friends along the way.

The run was a little warmer than I was expecting. By the time we returned I as one sweaty beast. ๐Ÿ™‚

Four showers, two curling irons and one straightener later, we were ready to roll. The plan was to eat our way through the Ferry Building’s Farmer’s Market – one amazing plan if you ask me. ๐Ÿ˜‰

IMG_5854.jpg

First things first, I needed caffeine! I headed straight to my favorite tea shop for a little pick me up.

I ordered a regular Moroccan Mint. The mint was very subtle and the tea was just right.

Melissa and I were craving scones for breakfast. WE found an old favorite, Frog Hollow Farm, and purchased two favorites to share.

Enjoyed outside by the water of course. ๐Ÿ˜‰

IMG_5890.JPG IMG_5889.JPG

I loved the Cherry Almond Scone the best. It was dry and crumbly. Perfection.

The rest of my breakfast consisted of various samples and bites from around the market. There were just so many good things to try, i didn’t want to miss a taste of any of it. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Frog Hollow Pears! OMG – I bought three to bring home!

There was so much gorgeous fruit, I wanted to bring it all home.

IMG_5921.JPG IMG_5922.JPG IMG_5923.JPG IMG_5925.JPG

This is Molly. I’m going to steal her and take her home with me. ๐Ÿ™‚

I ran into lots of friends a long the way. It was a very casual morning of talking, eating, and enjoying life.

The Coconut Chocolate Truffles were amazing. They melted in your mouth.

IMG_5984.jpg

IMG_5991.JPG IMG_5997.JPG

We stayed at the market for well over three hours and honestly I probably could have stayed there for hours more. We have NOTHING like this in Orlando, How amazing would it be if we did though? Le sigh.

Afternoon activities include the tasting pavillion and our ‘gala’ dinner. Can’t wait!

1 Sana November 6, 2010 at 3:37 pm

Your hair looks amazing! You are so beautiful :)! Have a fab rest of the dayyy!
Sana recently posted..Jail Cell

2 Michele @ Healthy Cultivations November 6, 2010 at 3:44 pm

Those strawberries look amazing!

3 Maria @ runningcupcake November 6, 2010 at 4:08 pm

That looks so good! I love the little fruit market on the pier- whenever I have been there on holiday I always get some of the cherries and a doughnut peach (we don’t get those in the UK- well, I have never seen them). The scones look like heaven too- perfect after a run ๐Ÿ™‚
Maria @ runningcupcake recently posted..Longest run for a while

4 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat November 6, 2010 at 4:10 pm

Looks FREAKIN AMAZING!! That little dog is adorable. So far, I’m feeling like these Frog Hollow pears are pretty special because everyone seems to be talking about them!! Great photos Meghann!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Friday fun

5 Caitlin (EatFeats) November 6, 2010 at 4:44 pm

Yay glad you had fun! That is my favorite market, too! Now that I’m in NY I tr to go to the Union Square one, but nothing compares to the Ferry Building.
Caitlin (EatFeats) recently posted..All of my workouts

6 Lacey @ Lake Life November 6, 2010 at 4:45 pm

Three cheers for Farmers Markets and samples ๐Ÿ™‚

Am I seeing correctly that Arugula is $7 a lb?!
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..Dirty Thirty

7 Cat November 6, 2010 at 5:27 pm

Meghann if you’re in the mood for a scone tomorrow AM and head down to the market again, look for the Arlequin booth. It’s usually outside the building and in the front, near one of the entrances, should be a white tent. Seriously, THE BEST scones EVER! Their restaurant is in my ‘hood and their scones changed life. For reals! Usually really unique combos too, I once shared a Tobacco leaf (!), bourbon and maple scone with someone. The berry ones are to die for too!
Cat recently posted..Full Circle

8 Amanda (Eating Up) November 6, 2010 at 5:30 pm

I need to have a Frog Hollow pear. Pears are one of my favorite foods anyway…definitely my favorite fruit.
Amanda (Eating Up) recently posted..Save Up- Buy Wine in the Fall

9 Kristy @ KristyRuns November 6, 2010 at 5:40 pm

Oh, wow. Those scones and truffles look sooo good…along with everything else!

10 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] November 6, 2010 at 5:58 pm

That’s 1 bounty of beautiful pictures right there ๐Ÿ™‚ That one of Miss Jenna is particularly cute ๐Ÿ™‚

I want to get my hands on a box of those truffles – yum!
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..Beerbuzz

11 Matt November 6, 2010 at 6:08 pm

I am SO JEALOUS! That market looks amazing!
Matt recently posted..Cooking My Way Through College

12 Lew (AshandLewPlus2) November 6, 2010 at 6:09 pm

I hope you like being right…. It was the Bay Bridge… Oh well..
Lew
Lew (AshandLewPlus2) recently posted..I love Food Buzz!

13 kathleen November 6, 2010 at 6:11 pm

looks like so much fun. what gorgeous pictures!
kathleen recently posted..How I reduced our food bill โ€“ Part 2

14 Julia November 6, 2010 at 8:04 pm

That was a fantastic run this morning! It was great to meet you and chat with you for a little while!

15 Krystina November 6, 2010 at 8:17 pm

I LOVE your hair! I also love that strawberry picture and the one of Jenna.
Krystina recently posted..A Perfect Breakfast &amp Homemade Granola

16 Kiran November 6, 2010 at 10:18 pm

I can relate to the desire of having great farmers market such as that in Orlando. Le sigh x2 ๐Ÿ™‚
Kiran recently posted..Chickpeas and edamame in coconut milk

17 Lauri (RedHeadRecipes.com) November 7, 2010 at 12:27 pm

It was SO great to meet you this weekend!! Bummed I missed out on the Farmer’s Market–> Looks like it was really YUMMY (and fun)! I did the walking tour and we didn’t get back in time to go to the market ๐Ÿ™ But there is always next year ๐Ÿ™‚
Lauri (RedHeadRecipes.com) recently posted..A Night of Food and Foodies!!

18 RunningOnCoffee November 7, 2010 at 2:29 pm

I like your bag, and I like your boots!
RunningOnCoffee recently posted..Targets C9 version of Swiftly Tech LS &amp Budget Running Tights

19 Alexa November 8, 2010 at 9:21 am

As I ran the Nike Women’s Marathon in San Francisco last month, your post made a nearly a little weepy to think of running in San Fran again. Especially the pictures down by the piers and bay bridge, right where we ran. Food Buzz looks like so much fun, I think I’ll have to run it next year!

In other news, you should come to Minnesota and do the Twin Cities marathon next fall with my friends and I, just a thought. =)
Alexa recently posted..Fabulous Weekend