Foodbuzz Festival 2010: Welcome Reception

by Meghann on November 6, 2010

Get out your cameras, prepare your stretchy pants, and be ready to eat your heart out! Foodbuzz Festival 2010 has officially begun!

The festival kicked off with a bang tonight with the Welcome Reception & Street Food Fare at the Fort Mason Pavilion in beautiful San Francisco.

IMG_5667.jpg

The evening started with platters of amazing cheeses, breads, and Frog Hollow Pears.

Best served as one.

Weeks before we were all instructed to bring a foodie gift that we thought most represented ourselves or the area we were from. The twitter world was all a flutter on what exactly this gift exchange would entail. Tweets of delicious homemade baked goods were promised and questions of “what should I bring?” were plenty.

In the end the foodie gift exchanged ended up being a great ice breaker. The tables were assigned randomly and I met a few new bloggers I would never have had the chance to otherwise.

We passed gifts and I ended up with a fun coffee set and I hope Elina enjoys her Infusion Tea goodies from Orlando.

After our exchange it was time eat! And eat we did!!

There were 10 local street food vendors in attendance. From meaty sandwiches to vegan paella to carmel crunch ice cream, I tasted it all. πŸ˜‰

Chicken Tacos from Tacolicious. <– loved the corn tortilla!

Vegan Paella from Diamon Lil

It was spicy, but in a good way. I really appreciated the diverse flavors and array of vegetables.

Seriously this pork sandwich from 4505 Meats was AMAZING. Greasy? Yes. But the cornmeal crust and buttery bun made the grease disappear in my mind. πŸ˜‰

I remembered the Straus Organic Ice Cream from last year. Sweet and creamy with the perfect toffee crunch.

IMG_5783.JPG IMG_5784.JPG

Does this one look familiar?

Spencer on the Go was a contestant in Food Network’s Great Food Truck Race. They didn’t win, but it was still cool to try food from one of the contestants.

However, I wasn’t a fan of the food. French food isn’t really my thing.

Roli Roti! Another favorite from last year!

Their Pork Belly Sandwich with Potatoes was worth having again.

I had a couple of bites and was in pure pork belly bliss. πŸ™‚

MAMA PEA!! OMG! OMG OMG! (cue 5 year old self who is meeting her idol for the first time πŸ˜‰ )

I saved the best for last.

Ok, I lied. I had been eating these all night, but it was fun to save the photos on the blog for last.

Apparently Mission Cupcakes went and got themselves a nifty reality tv show pilot with the Food Network.

Cameras were stalking the cupcake table all night filming our reactions to the cupcakes and asking us what we thought. It was pretty surreal. I don’t know when the show will be out or if it will even ever make it on tv, BUT if it does, be sure to look out for my pretty face in the background somewhere!

By the way, the farewell part of the show where Kristien shoves the cupcake on the owner’s face is totally staged. They did it once and had to redo it again. Funny stuff. πŸ™‚

In 2 hours I will have officially been up for 24 hours. Luckily I’m not going to let that happen. It was a fun night of eating and mingling with some of my favorite bloggers, but I’m ready for bed.

Good Night!!!!!

1 Marina November 6, 2010 at 3:53 am

It all looks really amazing, and so much fun.
I love the gift exchange idea, it’s really cute. I wonder what the other bloggers got πŸ™‚
Have a good night’s rest!
Marina recently posted..sushi!

2 skinnyrunner November 6, 2010 at 7:11 am

had someone told me there were free and UNLIMITED cupcakes and reality tv (my favorite things), i might have gone.
cute pictures!

3 Briana November 6, 2010 at 8:41 am

Yay ! How much fun are you going to have !!? And you’re gonna be on the Food Network ?! WIN WIN !

Love your excitement about meeting Mama Pea btw ! I’m sure I’d be that excited to meet any of my HLB heros πŸ™‚
Briana recently posted..Why Do You Run

4 christina cadden November 6, 2010 at 8:49 am

Looks like a great time!

5 Alicia at Poise in Parma November 6, 2010 at 8:59 am

I heart Elina! I met her this past Labor Day – you couldn’t have gotten a better blogger to swap with!

I’m looking forward to the rest of your posts from this weekend. Not going to lie – I’m uber jealous πŸ™‚
Alicia at Poise in Parma recently posted..recipe- Butternut Squash and Carrot Soup

6 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun November 6, 2010 at 9:09 am

I think that’s really cool they had assigned tables so you had more of a chance to meet new bloggers. There are so many of us out there its hard otherwise.
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..so much fun! &amp posting what i eat Q A

7 Michele @ Healthy Cultivations November 6, 2010 at 9:12 am

Cupcakes = worth the trip to San Francisco

8 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat November 6, 2010 at 9:18 am

This looks like SO much fun!! Like you, I’m not really a big French food girl. That caramel crunch ice cream however… I’d have been all over it! Hope you had a good sleep πŸ˜€
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Friday fun

9 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) November 6, 2010 at 10:03 am

That looks great! Especially those cupcakes…! πŸ˜›
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..Upcoming London Running Show!

10 Clare @ Fitting It All In November 6, 2010 at 10:18 am

hahah Totally love that Mama Pea is the celebrity of the group. I would freak out too!! You looked adorable, by the way

11 lynn @ the actor's diet November 6, 2010 at 10:50 am

some things i missed out on last night was the french food (sounds like it wasn’t too great) and meeting you! hopefully today!

12 Lew (AshandLewPlus2) November 6, 2010 at 11:03 am

It was great meeting you this morning. I am sorry we lost the group during the morning run.. We turned towards the Golden Gate Bridge, not real sure which way you turned but had a great run anyway.. I hope today is just as much fun as last night!!! Let us know if you are planning on going tomorrow!!
Lew
@lewkizer
Lew (AshandLewPlus2) recently posted..I love Food Buzz!

13 Kristy @ KristyRuns November 6, 2010 at 11:10 am

Oh, wow! Everything looks so amazing! And tacolicious!?!? Yes, please! πŸ˜‰ Looks like a great time!

14 Shanna, like Banana November 6, 2010 at 11:18 am

Good friends, good eats, good city — what more can you ask for?
Shanna, like Banana recently posted..Halloween Part Duex

15 Allie November 6, 2010 at 11:22 am

Hey, what is on the side of the first pork sandwich?! Everything looks TASTY, especially the cupcakes!!! πŸ™‚ Enjoy your weekend.
Allie recently posted..Tomorrow is Friday

16 Lacey @ Lake Life November 6, 2010 at 4:03 pm

My first thought was Pork Rinds.
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..Dirty Thirty

17 Biz November 6, 2010 at 11:39 am

So bummed I am not there!! I may have to recreate that jalapeno pork sammie!!

Have tons of fun!

18 Katie November 6, 2010 at 12:25 pm

I am so envious that you are there! The food looks amazing…I don’t know what excites me the most…cupcakes…pizza…I can’t pick! Mmm!
Katie recently posted..Furbaby love…

19 Lacey @ Lake Life November 6, 2010 at 3:59 pm

Foodbuzz definitely looks like a foodie’s mecca!

P.S. Do you drink coffee?
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..Dirty Thirty

20 Laura @ Backstage Pass November 6, 2010 at 6:55 pm

It was really great to meet you, Meghann! I was very excited to have been assigned to the same table. Perhaps they will use our group’s footage for the Food Network show? πŸ™‚
Laura @ Backstage Pass recently posted..Traveling Wilburys

21 Jessica November 6, 2010 at 9:43 pm

Fun! I’m surprised they didn’t have you sign a confidentality agreement! Love it, thanks for sharing!

22 Kiran November 6, 2010 at 10:16 pm

So much of foodie fun! I wish to attend next year *fingers crossed!
Kiran recently posted..Chickpeas and edamame in coconut milk

23 Foodiewife November 7, 2010 at 10:59 pm

I was there, too! You did a great job covering the fantastic food we had. 4505 Meats was my all time favorite dish, but the rest were right up there.

24 Megan @ Newly Wife November 8, 2010 at 12:19 pm

Looks like you had a fantastic time! I am so bummed that I didn’t make it. But Emily said she had a great time meeting you all!