San Francisco – Here I come!!

by Meghann on November 5, 2010

I’m blogging live in the air next to my beautiful blogging buddy Brittany!

We realized we were on the same connecting flight weeks ago and decided to book seats next to each other. Having a chatty friend for a 4 hour flight should make the time fly by, right? πŸ˜‰

I was up this morning at 4:00am for my 6:30am flight. I’m telling you, those 6:30am flights do NOT get any easier.

Luckily traffic is breeze that early in the morning and checking my bag in took all of two minutes. It actually took me longer to wait in the Starbucks line then it did to go through security.

IMG_3412.jpg

So, MAJOR bummer! When I went to order my Awake Tea Latte with a pump of Pumpkin Spice the lady behind the counter told me they no longer had pumpkin spice. What?!?! I thought they would have the syrup around at least through the month of November. *sniff *sniff I asked for a pump of peppermint instead, but it just wasn’t the same. I’m not ready to give up my obsession with pumpkin spice just yet.

IMG_3413.jpg

Flying cross country is always awkward when it comes to the food situation. Basically in my 6+ hours of traveling I will have left before breakfast my time and land around lunch time San Francisco time. This calls for two breakfast in my opinion. And some back up snacks just in case.

On my first flight I dug into breakfast #1: Overnight Oats topped with half a peach.

The overnight oats were pretty basic: 1/2 cup rolled oats, plain yogurt, honey peanut butter, chia seeds, and chopped dates.

I brought a mini travel spoon to enjoy my oats with.

I have an Almond Butter & Peanut Butter Sandwich to eat on the second flight as well as an AllieBar packed away in case I need it.

I realized today that I distribute my business card while traveling more than any other time. I’ve already handed three out this morning. One to the person who helped check my bag (I may have gotten a little too excited when i was telling him why I was heading to San Francisco this morning). One to the person sitting next to me on my first flight. And the other to a guy who was on both my first flight and my connecting flight and chatted with me between flights. A big HELLO to either of those three in case they actually went to the site. πŸ˜‰

The moral of my story is: always travel with business cards! You never know when you’ll need them. πŸ˜‰

My first flight dropped me off in Atlanta where I found the beautiful Brittany waiting at the gate.

IMG_3426.jpg

Carolyn found us too!

We chatted during our lay over then boarded our flight out west.

Now we’re sitting tight, patiently a waiting our arrival in San Francisco. It won’t be much longer now!

1 Tab- Just Weighing In November 5, 2010 at 11:03 am

Awesome cards – great idea!

Can’t wait to hear more about the trip!
Tab- Just Weighing In recently posted..Back on Track

2 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat November 5, 2010 at 11:07 am

No pumpkin spice?? That is a nightmare! Love the red cup though – I had my first one on Wednesday. Have an amazing time at Foodbuzz! πŸ™‚
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Friday fun

3 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun November 5, 2010 at 11:15 am

I’m shocked they don’t have the pumpkin through Nov too. We still have Thanksgiving to celebrate, people!

And I keep meaning to print business cards because I always come across so many times I wish I had one.
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..so much fun! &amp posting what i eat Q A

4 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday November 5, 2010 at 11:19 am

Great business cards!
Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday recently posted..World Vegan Day

5 Lea Peabody November 5, 2010 at 11:22 am

Have fun in San Fran! It’s a beautiful day over here on the West Coast!!!

6 Coco @ Opera Girl Cooks November 5, 2010 at 11:24 am

Welcome to SF! Can’t wait to for the festival =)
Coco @ Opera Girl Cooks recently posted..Rosemary Olive Boule

7 Christine November 5, 2010 at 11:57 am

I find it interesting that you promote YOURSELF through your cards and not the blog.

I mean that’s how business cards are typically used, so it makes sense, but when I ordered mine I made them more like promotional cards for the BLOG.

Anyway. Enjoy the travels. Hopefully I’ll be there next year!

8 Kate@andwhenshesays November 5, 2010 at 12:11 pm

So fun to see you both in the same picture! Safe travels – cannot WAIT for the whole rundown of the weekend.
Kate@andwhenshesays recently posted..30 Days of Thanks – Day 4

9 Jackie November 5, 2010 at 12:18 pm

Welcome to my world..there is no pumpkin spice at starbucks in the UK πŸ™

10 Michele @ Healthy Cultivations November 5, 2010 at 12:20 pm

I like the cards, and I love how prepared you are food-wise when flying. I usually don’t carry anything but Clif bars.

11 Kelly November 5, 2010 at 12:27 pm

So jealous! Have so much fun! I need to get some business cards!
Kelly recently posted..Big News!

12 Krystina November 5, 2010 at 12:35 pm

Love your business cards! Have fun! πŸ˜€
Krystina recently posted..Lavender Blossom Biscotti

13 grocery goddess jen November 5, 2010 at 12:56 pm

Totally jealous! Have a great flight.
grocery goddess jen recently posted..Cathe Workout Manager

14 Matt November 5, 2010 at 1:26 pm

I can’t wait until my business cards come and I can start handing them out πŸ˜‰

15 Nicole W. November 5, 2010 at 1:32 pm

I love seeing pics of my favorite bloggers together! hi Brittany! You both look beautiful, btw.
Nicole W. recently posted..Things you can do with candy- besides eating it

16 Lacey @ Lake Life November 5, 2010 at 2:12 pm

How ridiculous that they got rid of Pumpkin Spice already! They should at least have had it until Thanksgiving.
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..Snow way!

17 Allie November 5, 2010 at 2:20 pm

Yay for the holiday Starbucks cups!!!
Allie recently posted..Tomorrow is Friday

18 Hope November 5, 2010 at 2:34 pm

How exciting!! Hope you have fun!!
Hope recently posted..Need a Distraction

19 Biz November 5, 2010 at 2:39 pm

I just ordered “business'” cards through vistaprint – they are really cheap!

Glad the first leg of your trip went smoothly!
Biz recently posted..My name is Biz and I am Obese

20 rebecca lustig November 5, 2010 at 2:49 pm

cant wait to see pics from all your adventures in san fran! its beautiufl out there
rebecca lustig recently posted..A for Effort

21 Amanda November 5, 2010 at 3:03 pm

Your business cards are awesome! I think the Orlando Starbucks ran out of pumpkin syrup and you should still have luck at other ones. πŸ˜‰

22 Lindsey November 5, 2010 at 3:04 pm

Have a great time in SF! And I have some good news~ I’m thinking the airport Starbucks is the exception because I talked to a rep for Starbucks and almost all locations in the U.S. carry Pumpkin Spice until January! πŸ™‚

23 Clare @ Fitting It All In November 5, 2010 at 3:33 pm

Both of your breakfasts look sooo yummy. I need to try Overnight Oats made with yogurt instead of milk!

And Love your business cards. Do you have a separate one for your “real” job?? I was thinking about making some and didn’t know how many “jobs” i can put on one!
Clare @ Fitting It All In recently posted..I need advice

24 Heather @ Get Healthy With Heather November 5, 2010 at 3:37 pm

I like your business cards! Way to bring 2 breakfasts along, I’d totally do the same thing. I don’t like to leave my hunger up to chance.
Heather @ Get Healthy With Heather recently posted..Wednesdays Weekly Workout MiniChallenge: Squats

25 Jessica @ The Process of Healing November 5, 2010 at 4:02 pm

I think you’re becoming a professional traveler πŸ˜‰
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..An Addiction

26 Anna November 5, 2010 at 4:23 pm

I think pumpkin should go from the beginning of October to the end of December, AT LEAST through Thanksgiving! Hello?! What about the all traditional dessert for Thanksgiving….PUMPKIN pie!

That’s just how I feel about it. πŸ˜‰
Anna recently posted..Yesterday- all my troubles were NOT so far away…

27 kathleen November 5, 2010 at 5:52 pm

It is nice having travelling companions!
kathleen recently posted..Friday B&B – weekΒ 34

28 Heather November 5, 2010 at 6:01 pm

I always carry my travel agency cards around. i can’t one out at the gyno a few weeks ago!
Heather recently posted..One Step Closer

29 jessica November 8, 2010 at 10:26 am

Cute cards and I totally agree- hand ’em out to everyone. It can’t hurt right πŸ˜‰ Have a great time in San Fran!!!
jessica recently posted..It’s the Simple Things