more ยป" />

Arriving in Style

by Meghann on November 5, 2010

This is what happens when one blogger falls alseep next to another blogger on a plane. ๐Ÿ˜‰

IMG_3442.jpg

hehe

I actually started laughing so hard that I woke her up. I crack myself up sometimes.

And don’t worry Brittany gave me permission to post this. She’s a trooper. ๐Ÿ™‚

Obviously our flight to San Francisco was very relaxing. We chatted it up, I got some work done online, and Brittany napped. ๐Ÿ™‚ The only problem I had was halfway through my legs really started cramping. They were done being crammed in between chairs.

Our entourage was waiting for us when we landed.

When we travel we travel big.

I mean BIG

Did you know when you have 6 people a stretch limo is the same price as taking cabs? Ummm… yeah. ๐Ÿ˜‰ The wonderful Holly started a chain e-mail a couple of weeks back for those of us who were landing around noon today. One thing led to another and all agreed arriving at the hotel in style was the only way to go. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Beautiful ladies ๐Ÿ™‚

Cara, Brittany, Me, Holly

Carolyn & Monica

IMG_3453.jpg

The limo dropped us off at the Sir Francis Drake where we went straight to festival registration.

IMG_5594.jpg

Check out the swag (!!!)

We were told to sign waivers because Food Network is filming a ‘to be named cupcake pilot’ featuring one of the street food vendors tonight.

IMG_5606.jpg

After dropping our stuff off at the hotel, our first priority was finding somewhere amazing for lunch. Luckily, Holly had the hindsight to ask a random lady on the street where the best place to eat in Union Square was. She recommended Mocca and our hearts were sold.

Mocca is located in a little ally right off of Union Square. The deli was tiny, but they had plenty of seating right outside.

And a great view to boot!

The deli was simple with fresh cold roasted veggies and cold salads to choose from.

I ordered the ‘U Pick’ Vegetable Sandwich and selected the cold eggplant, roasted tomatoes, and mozzarella as my filer.

It was good. Really good. But drenched in oil. I think that’s what made it so good. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I asked for a Pellegrino with my lunch, but the person behind the counter must have understood because he pulled out a bottle of Pinot Grigio. I started to wave my hand to correct him, but the idea of having a glass of wine stuck in my head. So, I asked for a glass of Malbec instead.

Such a smart decision. This glass of wine was just what i needed. The perfect middle of the day ‘I’m on vacation’ treat. ๐Ÿ™‚

Lunch was fabulous!

Now, I’m back at hotel with my roommates for the weekend (Melissa, Bobbi, and Monica). We’re chillin and relaxin’ getting pumped for the festival festivities to start tonight!

Get excited!!!!

1 Brittany (Eating Bird Food) November 5, 2010 at 7:03 pm

I can’t wait until you are asleep on the plane ride home!! Payback my lady. ๐Ÿ˜‰

2 Runeatrepeat November 5, 2010 at 7:04 pm

Fun fun fun!!!
Runeatrepeat recently posted..Limo Service in San Francisco

3 Carolyn @ lovinlosing November 5, 2010 at 7:07 pm

I’m famous! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Haha! See you tonight!
Carolyn @ lovinlosing recently posted..Hardcore 5 Miler

4 janae @hungryrunnergirl.com November 5, 2010 at 7:09 pm

Your dress is so cute!! A limo!! Lucky! Have an amazing time!
janae @hungryrunnergirl.com recently posted..GIVEAWAY

5 Beth (kitchenminions) November 5, 2010 at 7:15 pm

Who knew that limos were so cost effective! It looks like an awesome trip, so jealous!
Beth (kitchenminions) recently posted..weekend projects

6 Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) November 5, 2010 at 7:53 pm

What a cute place for lunch! I wish I could be out there but I can’t wait to live it all through you girls. ๐Ÿ˜€
Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) recently posted..Simple soupy supper

7 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun November 5, 2010 at 7:54 pm

That is such a great idea to do the limo. It doesn’t surprise me that the cost split between 6 people is on par with the price of a cab from the airport in a big city. Can’t wait to hear more about everything!
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..so much fun! &amp posting what i eat Q A

8 Tab- Just Weighing In November 5, 2010 at 8:07 pm

We stayed at the Sir Francis Drake last time we were there – great part of town and fun hotel! That restaurant next door (can’t remember the name but it’s Italian) is excellent!
Tab- Just Weighing In recently posted..Back on Track

9 Michele @ Healthy Cultivations November 5, 2010 at 8:36 pm

Wow! What a post! And Brittany is a REAL trooper for letting you post that sleeping beauty photo.

10 Kelly November 5, 2010 at 9:13 pm

Looks like an amazing lunch! Have fun in San Fran!
Kelly recently posted..Big News!

11 Clare @ Fitting It All In November 5, 2010 at 9:56 pm

hahah that happens to me all the time. I think “omg why is this so good??” and then realize “oooh it’s drenched in oil/butter/sauce”.
Clare @ Fitting It All In recently posted..I need advice

12 Nicole November 5, 2010 at 10:27 pm

bah ha ha, nice “ducklips” hon. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Brittany looked so peaceful sleeping too.
Nicole recently posted..Things you can do with candy- besides eating it

13 Anne November 6, 2010 at 4:01 am

I love that alley in S.F.! I always see this big, fabulous opera singing man there! Haha!

14 christina cadden November 6, 2010 at 7:43 am

Looks like so much fun!

15 Paige @ Running Around Normal November 6, 2010 at 8:23 am

Loving the limo! Way to do it up big ๐Ÿ™‚
I totally get having a “I’m on vacation” mid day drink to start off the trip! Have a great time!!
Paige @ Running Around Normal recently posted..I Surrender and a Makeup Brush Washing Tutorial

16 Sana November 6, 2010 at 2:54 pm

What an awesome idea getting a limo! Bloggers roll in stylee!
Sana recently posted..Jail Cell

17 Lacey @ Lake Life November 6, 2010 at 3:37 pm

How exciting about the Food Network filiming at Foodbuzz, and how odd seeing a glass of wine on a lunch tray ๐Ÿ™‚

It sounds like Holly had foresight, not hindsight, in asking for restaurant recommendations.
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..Dirty Thirty