Seedy

by Meghann on November 3, 2010

Last night’s pumpkin served so many wonderful purposes.

The pumpkin was pretty, made an excellent bowl, gave the chili some extra ‘meat’ and flavor, and…..

Pumpkin Seeds!

IMG_5452

Since I never had the chance to carve a Halloween pumpkin this year, I was *this close* to not enjoying my favorite seedy treat as well. Luckily, last night’s mini pumpkin had just enough seeds to correct that tragedy. All I did was bake the pumpkin seeds with some salt at 375 for about 20 minutes. They made excellent office munching food. 🙂

Pumpkin seeds make great munching food and left overs make great lunches.

IMG_5453

I added yesterday’s Dip Trio & Pita Wedges left overs to a bed of spinach and topped it with some chopped dates and blue cheese.

IMG_5459

The dips were the perfect salad topping. They coated the spinach better than any dressing, they still had great flavor, and the chopped dates gave the meal a great sweet touch.

IMG_5463

IMG_5466

Foodbuzz just released the menu for this weekend’s food festival and I had to wipe my drool from the keyboard. Oh. My Gosh. It looks GOOD!

gala

And that’s just the hors d’oeuvres 😉

Are you attending Foodbuzz Festival this weekend?!?!

If you are, don’t forget to say Hi!

untitled

My name is Meghann and I promise I don’t bite. 🙂

1 Amanda (Eating Up) November 3, 2010 at 1:55 pm

Mmmm the beef and scallion rolls sound delicious! I definitely want to go next year!
Amanda (Eating Up) recently posted..My Crave List- Thanksgiving Gadgets

2 Sana November 3, 2010 at 1:55 pm

SIGH. Being in school keeps me away from so many awesome bloggy trips!
Have a blasty- I can’t wait for your recaps!
Sana recently posted..Falling

3 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat November 3, 2010 at 1:56 pm

Noooo but I wish I was!! Getting so jealous of everyone that’s going – like I’m even jealous that I’m not packing right now, which is something most bloggers seem to despise! I am planning to attend in 2011 though. Can’t wait to follow your posts when you’re there! 🙂
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Friday fun

4 Kelly November 3, 2010 at 2:11 pm

So jealous of everyone going to Foodbuzz!
Kelly recently posted..Have Mercy

5 Heather November 3, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Have fun at foodbuzz – those appetizers sound amazing – especially the last one!

Safe travels!
Heather recently posted..Craving a Chocolate Chip Muffin

6 Brittney November 3, 2010 at 2:19 pm

Everything you make always looks sooo delicious! Have fun this weekend!

7 Liz @ Blog is the New black November 3, 2010 at 2:23 pm

I need to buy a pumpkin so I can roast the seeds!!!

8 Beth @ Will Run for Books November 3, 2010 at 2:25 pm

I love pumpkin seeds! But… I hate sifting through the guts to get to them…

Have fun at FoodBuzz – I’m jealous!
Beth @ Will Run for Books recently posted..November Goals

9 janetha g. @ meals & moves November 3, 2010 at 2:27 pm

I totally thought you were a biter! 😉 See you Friday, lady!
janetha g. @ meals & moves recently posted..spooktacular

10 Runeatrepeat November 3, 2010 at 2:28 pm

EXCITED!!!
Runeatrepeat recently posted..Keep Calm and Carry On

11 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday November 3, 2010 at 2:29 pm

I roasted pumpkin seeds with salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cayenne pepper. Yum!
Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday recently posted..World Vegan Day

12 Leah November 3, 2010 at 2:29 pm

I’ll be there! The one with baby doll tops and stretchy pants!

13 Michele @ Healthy Cultivations November 3, 2010 at 2:31 pm

Have fun in San Fran!! Looks like the blog world is all abuzz for Foodbuzz.

14 Sarah @ Daily Nibbles November 3, 2010 at 2:35 pm

Oh, I’m going! Got a ticket on a whim. Are you running this weekend? Also, how dressed up do people get for this?
Sarah @ Daily Nibbles recently posted..evoChallenge- 20 classes in 30 days

15 Gavi @ GaviGetsGoing! November 3, 2010 at 2:35 pm

I won’t be at the festival, but I’m a resident San Franciscan and hope to see everyone around the city this weekend! Have fun!

16 Hope November 3, 2010 at 2:36 pm

Menu looks delish! I reall must try this whole roast pumpkin seed thing!
Hope recently posted..Colour my world

17 Rae November 3, 2010 at 2:36 pm

This might be a silly question, but there isnt going to be a meet up is there? I am in San Fran this weekend-next week on vacation and to run the US Half, and I would love to meet some of you girls!

18 Meghann November 3, 2010 at 2:38 pm

Hey Rae, I don’t have a meet up planned because of all the conference stuff going on,. Sorry! But good luck on the half!!!

19 Rae November 3, 2010 at 4:11 pm

I figured, totally understand!…have a BLAST!!

20 Michelle @ Turning Over a New Leaf November 3, 2010 at 2:40 pm

DROOOOL is right! Man I wish I was going! Next year, though! That’s my plan!
Michelle @ Turning Over a New Leaf recently posted..Recap!

21 Alina (Duty Free Foodie) November 3, 2010 at 2:46 pm

Oh my gosh, that menu look Ridonculously good.
That is all.
Alina (Duty Free Foodie) recently posted..Pumpkin Pie with Enlightenment Spice

22 Marina November 3, 2010 at 2:57 pm

Zucchini madelaines? Oh wow. Enjoy and have fun!
Marina recently posted..back again –

23 janae @hungryrunnergirl.com November 3, 2010 at 2:59 pm

That menu looks amazing! I wish I was going!! I love pumpkin seeds… I better make some ASAP! Have fun in San Francisco
janae @hungryrunnergirl.com recently posted..Last Meal

24 Marisa @ Loser for Life November 3, 2010 at 3:41 pm

Have a great time, Meghann!
Marisa @ Loser for Life recently posted..Make Mine A Double

25 Ali November 3, 2010 at 4:00 pm

I am!!! I will make sure to come see you 🙂
Ali recently posted..Hello- Pretty!

26 Tab- Just Weighing In November 3, 2010 at 4:04 pm

that reminds me that I want to clean out our pumpkin tonight – can’t wait to cook me some seeds! 🙂
Tab- Just Weighing In recently posted..Back on Track

27 rebecca lustig November 3, 2010 at 4:35 pm

envious of all you food buzzers! one day, i hope to be there as well.

its funny how blogland has gone from Libby’s to actual pumpkin seeds. i need to catch on
rebecca lustig recently posted..A for Effort

28 katie November 3, 2010 at 4:46 pm

truffle honey oil. OMG
katie recently posted..must find less hills

29 Lisa (bakebikeblog) November 3, 2010 at 4:53 pm

I love the idea of roasting pumpkin seeds! I must remember to do that with the next pumpkin I buy!
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..Laps and lasagne

30 cyndie November 3, 2010 at 5:16 pm

I love pumpkin seeds! But they make me so thirsty….probably because I eat the ones with too much salt? I’ve tried making my own but they never turn out as good as other people’s, and I feel like it’s a lot of work.
cyndie recently posted..It’s actually kind of a sad story movie review

31 Jenny November 3, 2010 at 6:17 pm

Grr I WISH I was attending FoodBuzz…but looking forward to your recap!
Jenny recently posted..Tune-In Tuesday- The Food Networks Healthy Side

32 Marci November 3, 2010 at 6:24 pm

Can’t wait to meet you! I’ll be there tomorrow. Looking forward to a really fun weekend to meet blog friends in real life! It’s my first food blogging conference.
Marci recently posted..Product Reviews and Heart Rate Discussion

33 Sara November 3, 2010 at 6:28 pm

LOVE pumpkin seeds! Takes me back to my childhood/carving pumpkins…enjoy SF!!
XOXO
S
Sara recently posted..262

34 Katie | perkytoafault.com November 3, 2010 at 6:29 pm

We made pumpkin seeds last night … SO GOOD. I had to move them to another room to get myself to stop eating them, ha. They’re definitely worth digging through all the goop on the inside of the pumpkin!
Katie | perkytoafault.com recently posted..Wanderlust Wednesday- Rome

35 Allie November 3, 2010 at 6:47 pm

Pumpkin seeds are the best, have fun at the foodbuzz fest :)))
Allie recently posted..Sloppy

36 christina cadden November 3, 2010 at 6:52 pm

I love pumpkin seeds!

37 Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) November 3, 2010 at 7:36 pm

I’ll definitely come and say hi! Can’t wait!!!! 🙂
Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) recently posted..Two Boos try Tofu

38 Lacey @ Lake Life November 3, 2010 at 7:38 pm

That Foodbuzz menu looks great! I can’t wait to see everyone’s posts from the events!
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..Snow way!

39 Susan November 3, 2010 at 8:46 pm

I dunno, come between me and that food, and biting may be involved 😛 See you this weekend Meghann – hopefully we get to chat more!
Susan recently posted..Jet Setter

40 Kiran November 4, 2010 at 8:34 am

Enjoy your foodie getaway and I can’t wait to read your recaps 🙂
Kiran recently posted..Chickpeas and edamame in coconut milk