Princesses, Battleships, and Dinosaurs

by Meghann on November 3, 2010

I had a weird dream last night.

I don’t remember exactly, but I think it involved princesses, battleships, and dinosaurs. Basically I was a princess who was in the midst of leading her battleship on a tirade against a gang of evil dinosaurs. It was quite the adventure. 🙂

Unfortunately there were no princesses, battleships, or dinosaurs after I awoke from my slumber (such a shame 😉 ), but I did encounter a couple of dogs, their owners, and cranky children walking towards the bus stop on my run this morning. I should have stayed in my dream world; much more exciting there. 😉

I did an easy 3 miles around my apartment complex and ended with a light strength training session with some hand weights. I’m really trying to incorporate 10 minutes of strength training into my daily routine. Whether it be push ups, crunches, or squats I’m hoping 10 minutes of something is better than 10 minutes of nothing. Plus, 10 minutes is such a small time frame that is easy to fit in no matter how crazy my day gets.

IMG_5445

There are three reason why this bowl of cereal was amazing:

1. Honeycrisp Apple
  2. Chocolate Chip Granola <—it’s Jessica’s Natural Granola and it taste like cookie crumbles 🙂
  3. Ricotta Cheese!!

IMG_5441

When I made my lasagna over the weekend, I made sure to have enough ricotta cheese left over for a breakfast or two during the week. A big glob of ricotta on top of a sweet bowl of cereal tastes just like a cannoli. Trust me.

IMG_5438

IMG_5446

Delicious. 🙂

I have a BUSY day at work ahead of me.

Only two more days until I’m on a plane heading to San Francisco for Foodbuzz Fest!!

1 Heather November 3, 2010 at 9:15 am

I love weird dreams like that!

I had ricotta in my oatmeal this morning – I love it. Makes the bowl nice and creamy.

Enjoy the rest of your day!
Heather recently posted..Craving a Chocolate Chip Muffin

2 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat November 3, 2010 at 9:19 am

I love weird dreams, but it’s so disappointing when you wake up and realize they were only dreams!! And honey crisp apples…. fortunately, they REALLY DO exist in real life. That’s something to wake up excited about! 😀
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Friday fun

3 Savannah P November 3, 2010 at 9:21 am

I’ve never seen/heard of incorporating ricotta into something sweet like that! Interesting idea 🙂
Savannah P recently posted..Stuck on Soup

4 Amanda November 3, 2010 at 9:22 am

I just learned to make ricotta cheese. I’ve never though to incorporate it into a breakfast dish!
Amanda recently posted..How to make Ricotta Cheese

5 Cailin @ Stir Crazy November 3, 2010 at 9:24 am

I just love those kinds of strange dreams, and even better is trying to decipher what the heck they mean 🙂
Cailin @ Stir Crazy recently posted..Spaghetti Squash &amp One Perk of Living in a City

6 Kelly November 3, 2010 at 9:25 am

Haha I had a weird dream last night too. Actually a few, one of them was that my bf proposed with the ugliest ring ever, and I exchanged it, haha.
Kelly recently posted..Have Mercy

7 RunningOnCoffee November 3, 2010 at 9:56 am

I had a dream like that before my husband and I got engaged! And when I woke up after having the dream, I felt so guilty for not liking the ring, until I realized it didn’t really happened.
RunningOnCoffee recently posted..Recipe- Curried Butternut Squash and Pear Soup

8 Jenn @ LiveWellFitNow November 3, 2010 at 9:36 am

Love me some ricotta! Never thought to be that on cereal though…must try soon!
Jenn @ LiveWellFitNow recently posted..Kitchen Explorations Goodies

9 Marina November 3, 2010 at 9:48 am

I would love to have a dream in which I am a princess!
mhm, chocolate chip granola…
Marina recently posted..back again –

10 Amanda (Eating Up) November 3, 2010 at 9:53 am

I have a huge bag of Honeycrisp in my fridge right now…waiting for me to devour!
Amanda (Eating Up) recently posted..My Crave List- Thanksgiving Gadgets

11 Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin November 3, 2010 at 9:53 am

Ohh I love the idea of adding a blob of ricotta! yum!
Beth @ Beth’s Journey to Thin recently posted..Weekly Goal Check In

12 Kiran November 3, 2010 at 9:57 am

Your dream was exciting in comparison to mine – a snake attack *bewildered!
Emmm… I love cannoli 🙂
Kiran recently posted..Chickpeas and edamame in coconut milk

13 briana November 3, 2010 at 9:59 am

14 briana November 3, 2010 at 10:00 am

jealous love sf! Have you tried tartine or the farmers market at embarcado is amazing! Enjoy your fun trip

15 Biz November 3, 2010 at 11:03 am

So jealous you are going to San Fran for Food Buzz! Just wasn’t in my budget this year – damn daughter in college! 😀 Hee hee!
Biz recently posted..My name is Biz and I am Obese

16 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather November 3, 2010 at 11:28 am

Ricotta on cereal, what an idea!
Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather recently posted..Wednesdays Weekly Workout MiniChallenge: Squats

17 kelsey@snackingsquirrel.com November 3, 2010 at 11:42 am

yea, dreams are really trippy. the ones that are really random and dont make any sense puzzle me. sometimes i wish i didnt remember them just because i usually spend the morning trying to figure out what i could have experienced, heard, or seen in real life that triggered it lol.

have a blast at the FoodBuzz Festival!! <3

18 Sarah-Mae @ Eat, Run, Knit November 3, 2010 at 11:42 am

Mmmm, ricotta. Added to this weekend`s grocery list 😛

19 Michele @ Healthy Cultivations November 3, 2010 at 11:53 am

Once again, you show no fear in putting new things together. Ricotta for breakfast is new.

20 rebecca lustig November 3, 2010 at 11:55 am

nothing better than starting the day of with dessert. Esp when disappointed after a good dream.

🙂
rebecca lustig recently posted..A for Effort

21 Tab- Just Weighing In November 3, 2010 at 11:57 am

oh – San Francisco, one of my all time favorite cities – luck you!
Tab- Just Weighing In recently posted..Back on Track

22 LG November 3, 2010 at 12:03 pm

Hey Meghann,

This is an off-topic comment but whatever.

I read your “period post” and was actually just listening to a podcast called “Ask Leigh” (Leigh Peele episode 30), where someone had asked about having lost her period during training. Leigh gave some very helpful answers about nutrition, HIIT, and even the amount of sugar in a woman’s diet. She seemed to know what she was talking about, more so than a regular trainer or even a doctor, so I thought I’d pass the info on to you in case you’re interested. If not, that’s cool too, it’s just that I very rarely see/hear professionals give this subject the serious consideration that it needs, especially in this age where us chicks are just “going for it” physically.

Have a great day!

23 Meghann November 3, 2010 at 1:24 pm

Thanks for the info Lauren! Someone else had linked to the info in a nearlier post as well. i’ll have to check it out!

24 katie November 3, 2010 at 12:21 pm

canoli for breakfast? sounds amazing!
katie recently posted..must find less hills

25 Jessica@tastyandtrim November 3, 2010 at 12:34 pm

I always have super random dreams like that and then I am so confused when I wake up! I definitely need to try putting ricotta over cereal – anything that tastes like a cannoli is worth trying in my book 🙂
Jessica@tastyandtrim recently posted..Trick-or-Treating at Whole Foods

26 Jessica @ The Process of Healing November 3, 2010 at 12:36 pm

Never would’ve thought to use ricotta like that but it sounds delicious!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..An Addiction

27 Sana November 3, 2010 at 12:46 pm

I sometimes wish I was a princess in real life…
Sana recently posted..Falling

28 Meghann November 3, 2010 at 1:09 pm

You are a princess in real life 😉

29 Matt November 3, 2010 at 1:13 pm

Ricotta = delcious 🙂
Matt recently posted..Cumin Crusted Barramundi with Maple Mashed Butternut Squash

30 Kaitlin With Honey November 3, 2010 at 9:07 pm

Sooo a) your dream sounds epic. And b) I totally forgot about your cannoli cereal! I see that in my near future…
Kaitlin With Honey recently posted..Family Night