Get Out and Vote!

by Meghann on November 2, 2010

Happy Election Day Everyone!!

(source)

I have a love/hate relationship with politics. I love to keep up to date with all the issues, so I know when I vote for my favorite candidate, I know my voice is being heard. BUT I hate all of the bad mouthing political advertisements. By the time election day rolls around I’m very tempted to vote for who is the least annoying instead of who I believe in.

I will NOT be missing those bad mouthing ads come tomorrow morning, that’s for sure.

I’ll keep my political views to myself (though if you read my blog you may be able to guess which side of the pendulum I swing 😉 ) and instead just encourage everyone to get out there and vote! Vote for what you believe in. Vote for your future children. Vote for which candidate would probably look best in a swim suit. I don’t care. Just vote! 🙂

That is all. 🙂

My apartment gym’s treadmill and I had a speedy date this morning.

10 minute warm up @ 6 .5

8 1:00 Fartlek @ 8.7 (1:00 rest)

10 minute cool down @ 6.5

Complete with push ups and sit ups. ( I don’t remember the count)

Breakfast was more orange than patriotic.

IMG_5333

Two Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls

IMG_5324

Cantaloupe + Pineapple + Plain Yogurt + Granola

IMG_5328

Only a few more days until we ‘Fall back’ from Daylight Saving’s Time. I can not wait. I’m tired of eating both breakfast and dinner in the dark. I will be more than happy to have at least one of my meals in the daylight again.

PLUS, we just happened to ‘Fall back’ while I’m in San Francisco this weekend! What better weekend to have an extra hour added to your day than while playing in San Francisco?!?

GO VOTE! 🙂

1 Kate (This Place is Now a Home) November 2, 2010 at 9:06 am

Off to vote as soon as the baby wakes up! Those pumpkin cinnamon rolls look like utter perfection. Now if only someone would come bake them for me 🙂
Kate (This Place is Now a Home) recently posted..She Says… Baby’s First Halloween!

2 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat November 2, 2010 at 9:11 am

I’m SOO excited to turn the clocks back as well – more sleep? Yes please!! Can’t wait to hear all about FoodBuzz. I’m not going this time but it’s definitely on my list of priorities next year! Have a great day Meghann! 😀
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Friday fun

3 Carolyn @ Lovin' Losing November 2, 2010 at 9:11 am

I have been woefully unattentive this election season. I need to a little research while I’m in the office today so I can at least make some sort of informed decision.
Carolyn @ Lovin’ Losing recently posted..Wicked 10K 2010

4 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday November 2, 2010 at 9:12 am

In Ontario our municipal elections were last Monday so I’ve done the whole voting thing already. I’m a big proponent for voting too. Make your voice heard!
Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday recently posted..World Vegan Day

5 Liz @ Blog is the New black November 2, 2010 at 9:12 am

Love your orange bfast!

6 Matt November 2, 2010 at 9:20 am

I can’t vote here because I am not an Alabama resident 🙁
Matt recently posted..My Washington DC Adventure

7 RunningOnCoffee November 2, 2010 at 9:23 am

Done and done! Voted at 7:15 this morning before going to work. Won’t miss the political ads starting tomorrow. They’re everywhere!!

I hate how sunrise is 7:28. No chance in heck of me running before work, now! After Daylight Savings I’ll be able to hop out the door at 6:30 for a run before work a couple days (I’ll just have to really bundle up since we have just hit freezing temps overnight the past 2 nights!)

Enjoy San Fran – watch out for all the Giants celebrations that I am sure are taking place right now!!
RunningOnCoffee recently posted..Recipe- Curried Butternut Squash and Pear Soup

8 Melissa @ For the Love of Health November 2, 2010 at 9:24 am

Have you ever been north? I ran last night and it was coooooold! It is quite a different experience from running in sunny Florida!
Melissa @ For the Love of Health recently posted..The cool air in my lungs

9 Val @ Balancing Val November 2, 2010 at 9:25 am

I tend to go crazy when I hear “I’m so and so and I approve this message”

So glad that’s over for a while 🙂

10 Kelly November 2, 2010 at 9:38 am

I cannot wait to turn the clocks back. The sun isn’t even up yet when I get to work in the mornings!
Kelly recently posted..Have Mercy

11 grocery goddess jen November 2, 2010 at 9:41 am

I voted early this year, so thankfully I don’t have to worry about it today!

Yay for an extra hour in San Fran!
grocery goddess jen recently posted..Making Health a Priority During the Work Week

12 michelle November 2, 2010 at 9:47 am

very excited about the time change as well. it’s about time!
michelle recently posted..SCOTT JUREK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13 Becca November 2, 2010 at 10:00 am

Oh I agree with you on how annoying politics can be. You just know that if people spent more time thrashing out compromises, and less time trying to think of ways to discredit the competition, the world would be a truly wonderful place! I wish that every candidate had to be independent, so there wouldn’t be the “our party is the only way” kind of attitude.

However – I do wish that people would take more time and care when they vote, and not just vote based on what their parents do, or based upon one source or gimmicky campaign. We are privileged to live in democratic countries, and we owe those who fought and died for our democracy the courtesy of remaining informed.

Watch a variety of news stations; read different newspapers and magazines. If it seems like someone is all good or all bad, reread their policies, because chances are you’ve missed something – we can’t expect to 100% agree or disagree. Imagine explaining your choice to someone you really admire and look up to – you want to be able to stand up for what you believe in with conviction.
Becca recently posted..Drifting

14 Nic November 2, 2010 at 10:09 am

I’m with you on the love hate relationship with politics, especially this time of year when all the mud slinging is going on. But I am happy to have the chance to vote for my future and have my voice count!
Nic recently posted..Rock the vote!

15 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun November 2, 2010 at 10:12 am

I just got back from voting. Definitely agree that I’ll be happy for the ads to be over, but also glad to stand up for my opinions by voting for them. I certainly voted for myself…and my daughter’s future.
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..tapas and bloggers

16 Tabitha (From Single to Married) November 2, 2010 at 10:25 am

I voted! wa-hoo 🙂
Tabitha (From Single to Married) recently posted..Shopping with or without Dignity

17 kathleen November 2, 2010 at 10:36 am

thanks for reminding me about the time change!
kathleen recently posted..Butternut squash- collard green and red lentil stew

18 Kiran November 2, 2010 at 10:41 am

Finally, the weather is getting cooler now. Time to bike 🙂 Happy voting!
Kiran recently posted..Chickpeas and edamame in coconut milk

19 Rae November 2, 2010 at 10:50 am

x2!! I’m runnign the San Francisco Half Marathon on Sunday…extra hour to sleep in…BONUS!!

20 Biz November 2, 2010 at 10:52 am

I live in a small community – so we left our house at 7:15 this morning, and after voting and getting back home, it was all of 20 minutes!

And I love the senior citizens that help out – there was a man who looked to be about 75 with a shirt that looked like the American flag!
Biz recently posted..Happy Halloween!

21 Erin November 2, 2010 at 11:04 am

Gosh! I totally missed that you were going to be in San Francisco this weekend. Are you doing any kind of blogger meet up? I’m going to be there for a week starting Saturday and would love to have some people to do dinner with.

P.S. I voted this morning. My husband told me that yesterday when his calculus teacher (he’s taking undergrad classes) asked how many people in his class were planning to vote only 3 students raised their hands! These college kids today!
Erin recently posted..Motivation

22 Anna @ History Running Girl November 2, 2010 at 11:09 am

I have a half on Sunday! I’m excited for the extra hour of sleep before the race.

Voting is so important!
Anna @ History Running Girl recently posted..Happy Halloween

23 Amy K. @ Onehealthypeanut November 2, 2010 at 11:17 am

Every time I see those pumpkin cinnamon roles pop up I am so temped to make them. Today might have to be the day 🙂
Amy K. @ Onehealthypeanut recently posted..Over the River &amp Through the Woods

24 janae @hungryrunnergirl.com November 2, 2010 at 11:30 am

Have fun in San Francisco! Your Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls still look so so good! I must try those:)
janae @hungryrunnergirl.com recently posted..Last Meal

25 Jessica@tastyandtrim November 2, 2010 at 11:38 am

I drool everytime I see those pumpkin cinnamon rolls. I wish I could eat them off the screen 🙂
Jessica@tastyandtrim recently posted..Trick-or-Treating at Whole Foods

26 Mary November 2, 2010 at 11:54 am

I would prefer if only the informed voted. That way there isn’t someone elected that is ‘cool’ but unprepared for the office they now hold.

27 jessica November 2, 2010 at 10:40 pm

I agree – there is no point in voting if the only reason is because they look good in a swim suit. That won’t do anyone any good.

28 Lauren @ Running Examiner November 2, 2010 at 12:04 pm

I just got registered to vote in NJ, and I literally know nothing about any of the candidates. Shameful, I know. I need to conduct a little research before I go to the polls today…

I wish I was still registered to vote in NY elections, because I *definitely* know who I would be voting against.
Lauren @ Running Examiner recently posted..Use music to enhance your endurance

29 Lily's Health Pad November 2, 2010 at 12:20 pm

I recently moved and forgot to register. I didn’t know you had to be registered for at least one month before you could vote. OOPS!

30 caronae November 2, 2010 at 12:42 pm

I love voting too but also detest the mudslinging ads. Ugh.
caronae recently posted..The RWTL Diet

31 Laura @ Saying "I do November 2, 2010 at 12:43 pm

Those pumpkin rolls look amazing! I too am anxious for all the ads to end and anxious for daylight savings time, it’s too dark in the mornings when I get up to go to the gym!
Laura @ Saying “I do recently posted..Save-the-Dates!

32 alison November 2, 2010 at 12:44 pm

I’m with you on the political ads. Sheesh, by the time election day rolls around, I couldn’t care less who wins, just so long as the darn ads quit. Well, that’s not entirely true, I’m a political junkie and I do care who wins, but still, the ads and robo calls are ANNOYING.
I voted in October, through absentee voting because I’m a FL resident living in VA. I like to vote via mail, but have never recieved an “I voted” sticker, which is sad.
alison recently posted..When Tempers Flare

33 Tab- Just Weighing In November 2, 2010 at 1:15 pm

oh – I did my civic duty and voted!
Tab- Just Weighing In recently posted..Shopping with or without Dignity

34 Amy November 2, 2010 at 2:15 pm

I like your shirt! Where did you get it? =)

35 Beth November 2, 2010 at 2:16 pm

Eek. Please don’t vote for the candidate who looks best in a swim suit unless it is a swimsuit contest. Vote for the person whose policy you like best or who is best qualified for the job. If I don’t feel like I have enough information about a candidate’s policy preferences or qualifications, I don’t vote in that race. Make informed choices based on the job they are applying for.

But I like the general message. Yay voting!

36 kate November 2, 2010 at 3:20 pm

I cant stand the badmouthing either, but I guess thats how you roll if youre a politician!

37 Hope November 2, 2010 at 4:04 pm

No matter how many times I see the word, I still always giggle at ‘Fartlek’ lol – yes I am immature teehee
Hope recently posted..Muffin Top

38 katie November 2, 2010 at 7:37 pm

i will be excited too that there are NO MORE awful commercials. it makes me want to NOT VOTE at all!
katie recently posted..must find less hills

39 breakingsilence @ Freshman -15 November 3, 2010 at 8:41 am

I voted early! And I saw your tweet last night about a certain FL senate candidate so I know exactly which way you swing. Haha.
breakingsilence @ Freshman -15 recently posted..Recipe music

40 Caroline November 3, 2010 at 2:18 pm

Hahaha, I saw your “I voted” sticker and first thought ‘ooooh, she got a different sticker!’ and then I realized that of course Florida voters wouldn’t get stickers with a peach on it… silly me 🙂

41 Meghann November 3, 2010 at 2:35 pm

haha, but now i’m wishing we had an orange on ours. 🙂