Pumpkin Oats Redux

by Meghann on November 1, 2010

Happy November!

I saw my very first Christmas themed commercial this morning, I guess that means Halloween is officially over. Good-bye pumpkins and ghosts. Time to bring on Santa, Reindeer, and ‘Sugar Plum Pancakes from iHop.’ 😉

Did I mention they were playing Christmas Carols at the mall on Saturday? Poor Thanksgiving… it never stood a chance.

Instead of hopping right into gingerbread and sugar plums, I’m dead set of hanging on to my love affair with pumpkin just a wee bit longer. Hence the pumpkin in my oats this morning.

IMG_5255

Pumpkin Oats were deemed a success. Much better with out the cottage cheese addition.

IMG_5239

Oats mix:

• 1/3 cup Rolled Oats
  • 1/3 cup Water
  • 1/3 Milk
  • Chia Seeds
  • 2 T Pumpkin
  • Pinch of Salt
  • Dash of Cinnamon, Cloves, & Nutmeg

Toppings:

The Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup melted into the hot oats and gave the whole bowl a luxurious dark chocolate feel to them. Sooo good. The perfect way to eat up left over Halloween Candy if you ask me. 🙂

IMG_5235

Did you go out for Halloween this weekend? Or have trick or treaters at your door? What was your favorite costume you saw this year?

Unfortunately I didn’t go out and party it up and no kids came knocking at my door. (sniff, sniff) But I did have a ball looking through friend’s photos on Facebook. One of my high school friends dressed her little one as a penguin. Cutest. Thing. Ever! Also, check out Kate’s popcorn costume she made for her little one. Adorable. 🙂

Reminder:

Katy and I are finalist for Ford’s Focus Rally America, a cross-country integrative web based reality show, and we need your help. Please show your support but ‘liking’ us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/kandmrocktherally

If we go all the way, a little birdie told me that not only will Katy and I win a new car but our top supporters win one too. So we win, you win! 😉

1 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun November 1, 2010 at 9:14 am

I can’t get into the Christmas spirit until after Thanksgiving. It deserves some attention too. 😉

I like your breakfast combo. Sounds about perfect. Have a great day, Meghann!
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..tapas and bloggers

2 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat November 1, 2010 at 9:15 am

Yumm those oats look good! i’m not ready to give up the pumpkin yet either. since canadian thanksgiving was in october, christmas is definitely the next big holiday for us. not gonna lie.. i may have downloaded some christmas carols this morning! 😉
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Friday fun

3 Becky November 1, 2010 at 9:18 am

The angle of those photos makes it look like your oats are about to tumble off of their ledge! They look yummy though!

4 Jamie @ Food in Real Life November 1, 2010 at 9:19 am

The PB cup on top of the oats is fantastic. 🙂
Jamie @ Food in Real Life recently posted..A Special Halloween Run

5 Kelly November 1, 2010 at 9:28 am

We only had like three groups of trick-or-treaters, so sad!
Kelly recently posted..Have Mercy

6 Tabitha (From Single to Married) November 1, 2010 at 9:39 am

that’s a great idea – I’ll have to try that. Right now I’m just eating oatmeal with good old pecans added, yum!

7 Katie | perkytoafault.com November 1, 2010 at 9:49 am

Question: Do you cook the oats and then stir in the pumpkin? Or do you cook the pumpkin in with the oats? I’d love to know your method!
Katie | perkytoafault.com recently posted..Smartly- The dangers of spinning

8 Meghann November 1, 2010 at 10:58 am

I put it in at the very end. 🙂

9 Janae @hungryrunnergirl.com November 1, 2010 at 10:19 am

I liked you on facebook:) Your homemade peanut butter cups look so good and what a great idea to add one to your oatmeal…we think alike!
Janae @hungryrunnergirl.com recently posted..Last Meal

10 Biz November 1, 2010 at 10:43 am

I set my candy out on my deck and came inside to check on my roast in the oven. All of a sudden I hear by husband yell “get off our fucking porch!”

I ran out just as a 17 year old boy was putting our candy back in our bowl, and then he and his friends jumped in a Mercedes and drove away – so crazy!

Other than that, I only had 7 kids come by 🙁

Happy Monday!
Biz recently posted..Happy Halloween!

11 kristy @ kristyruns.com November 1, 2010 at 10:54 am

Viva la pumpkin! I love Christmas, but it’s still too soon. 🙂
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..Spinx Marathon

12 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather November 1, 2010 at 11:20 am

I don’t think pumpkin oats could ever go out of fashion, there’s just nothing that compares.
Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather recently posted..Wednesdays Weekly Workout MiniChallenge: Squats

13 grocery goddess jen November 1, 2010 at 11:28 am

I never got into the Halloween spirit this year, but hopefully I can get into the spirit for my birthday (two days before Thanksgiving this year), Thanksgiving, and Christmas!
grocery goddess jen recently posted..Making Health a Priority During the Work Week

14 Alison (Ali on the Run) November 1, 2010 at 12:16 pm

Thanks for posting the recipe for the peanut butter cups the other day. I made them last night and they were DELICIOUS! Can’t wait to keep eating them all week. Thanks for sharing, and congrats on being a finalist!
Alison (Ali on the Run) recently posted..All Moved In- Not At All Unpacked

15 Amy K. @ Onehealthypeanut November 1, 2010 at 12:37 pm

I try not to get too excited for Christmas until after Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is the best!! Pumpkin has been the star of my breakfasts for all of October, I don’t know how Im going to move on 😉
Amy K. @ Onehealthypeanut recently posted..Over the River &amp Through the Woods

16 Tricia @ Saving Room for Dessert November 1, 2010 at 12:42 pm

Left over candy – not at my house! Give it all away – that’s my moto. My son and his girlfriend had strict instructions – big handfulls – give it all away or you have to take it home. Ha ha. But it does look like a good way to incorporate Halloween candy into your diet – the day after.

17 Jenn @ LiveWellFitNow November 1, 2010 at 12:54 pm

Right there with ya holding on to the pumpkin! I’m not done with you! 🙂

Looks like a perfect bowl o’ oats!
Jenn @ LiveWellFitNow recently posted..A special holiday offer

18 Sarah-Mae @ Eat, Run, Knit November 1, 2010 at 1:03 pm

I am so glad Canadian Thanksgiving is mid-October, it allows me to fully swing into the Christmas season once Halloween is over! I LOVE CHRISTMAS!

I couldn’t agree more though, operation pumpkin love is still in full effect and probably won’t be budging until the local markets stop having so many delicious squash and winter veg.!

19 Theresa Sondjo November 1, 2010 at 1:21 pm

I eat Pumpkin Oats all year round, especially since I’ve started freezing pumpkin puree. I’m not big on Thanksgiving (my family does Chinese buffets), so I’m excited to hear Christmas Carols are already playing. 🙂
Theresa Sondjo recently posted..Vegetarian Tortilla Soup

20 Alison November 1, 2010 at 1:50 pm

I hope you decide to buy a Ford if you land the show and get rid of that Toyota! But I’ve enjoyed reading your blog since I discovered it through the Marie Claire article. How many more readers have you seen since that was published? I ran the Detroit Half Marathon October 17th and hope to sign up for a full soon… could you tell I’m from Detroit?

21 kathleen November 1, 2010 at 2:07 pm

chocolate and pumpkin are amazing together!
kathleen recently posted..Butternut squash- collard green and red lentil stew

22 Rachel November 1, 2010 at 2:43 pm

wow, the peanut butter cup on top makes that a decadent breakfast! Yum!
Rachel recently posted..Cranberry conserve – bright- crunchy- stowed away for winter

23 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday November 1, 2010 at 3:08 pm

I only had 5 trick or treaters. I was so disappointed 🙁
Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday recently posted..World Vegan Day

24 Michele @ Healthy Cultivations November 1, 2010 at 3:13 pm

A little chocolate in the pumkin oats looks like it might be quite good!
Michele @ Healthy Cultivations recently posted..First Post and a Stonyfield coupon giveaway coming…

25 Alicia November 1, 2010 at 4:36 pm

Mmm those pumpkin oats look so good! I haven’t tried them yet- but these look delicious!
Alicia recently posted..Sugar Coma Anyone

26 Kate (This Place is Now a Home) November 1, 2010 at 6:07 pm

Thanks, Meghann!!! Our little popcorn appreciates your link to our blog 🙂
Kate (This Place is Now a Home) recently posted..She Says… Baby’s First Halloween!

27 katie November 1, 2010 at 6:07 pm

chocolate for breakfast is always a good idea
katie recently posted..MapMyRun – First Training Run 3miles or so i thought

28 Lacey @ Lake Life November 1, 2010 at 9:07 pm

I saw my first Christmas commercial on Saturday. I think the whole thing is so ridiculous that it actually takes away from the Holiday.
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..Halloween comfort food

29 Krystina November 1, 2010 at 11:17 pm

“liked” you 😀
Krystina recently posted..Garlic &amp Oil

30 M November 2, 2010 at 7:19 am

Why did you only use 1/3 c? Isn’t that less than a full srvg?