more ยป" />

Rocky Horror Glee

by Meghann on October 26, 2010

OMG, OMG, OMG!

Totally ready for the new Glee tonight! eekkk!!!

Must. Write. Post. Before. Watching.

Thank goodness for DVR. Love the ability to skip all the commercial and get to the good parts… like Mr. Schuester going shirtless. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I had packed some plain yogurt with apple butter and granola for my snack this afternoon.

But after a bite I realized it wasn’t what I was in the mood for. This cold and mushy and I wanted something chewy.

I found this bag of cookies in my snack drawer.

The cookies were a freebie from the Chicago Marathon swag bag. I remember Kelly not being a fan of them, but i found them pretty good. They were very chewy and grainy.

After work I had a very HOT yoga session.

Not sure why, but the class was extra hot today. I found myself dropping to child pose more than once just to give my body a chance to rest and somewhat cool down. It doesn’t help that it is still a bajillion degrees outside. What happened to that beautiful fall weather we were experiencing? It seemed to have disappeared!

Post-yoga dinner was simple and quick.

Roasted brussel sprouts, purple potatoes topped with two eggs and salsa.

The purple potatoes were so fun. They tasted just like a regular red skin potato, but the unique color made it pop out and make me want to eat more. ๐Ÿ™‚

1/3 of the Sugah Stix for dessert.

๐Ÿ™‚

Check out my Dad’s comment on how he made the Apple Butter & Pumpkin Butter!

Oh! And it looks like the Brownie Recipe was not as secret as I thought! Chelsey was kind enough to inform me it’s on the back of the brownie box mix! You can find the detailed recipe at her blog!

Rocky Horror Picture Glee Time!!

1 rebecca lustig October 26, 2010 at 9:25 pm

what did you think of glee?

refound adoration for john stamos. found adoration for mr. shu. oh.my.gosh.
rebecca lustig recently posted..Bonjour i miei amici.

2 Coco @ Opera Girl Cooks October 26, 2010 at 9:28 pm

I just love Glee. Even as a classically trained opera singer enduring all that auto-tuned singing, it’s still such a hoot! So silly and well-written, and Sue Sylvester is amazing.
Coco @ Opera Girl Cooks recently posted..Cherry Almond Biscotti

3 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat October 26, 2010 at 9:29 pm

I LOVED the time warp performance – it was definitely the best part of the episode. Those purple potatos look cool!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Thanksgiving Take 3!

4 Meaghen October 26, 2010 at 9:31 pm

I love purple potatoes! I actually love any veg that is a different colour than usual. I’ve had purple carrots before too and they were so pretty!
Meaghen recently posted..Random Thoughts Tuesday

5 Hope October 26, 2010 at 9:33 pm

I love Rocky Horror Picture show!! We used to watch it and sing along and do all the movements when we were kids! Its only now that I think we were perhaps a little too young to have been watching it at all lol
lol you’re like me, I store food in my office drawer for when I’m just not ‘feeling’ my lunch or snacks!
Hope recently posted..A work in progress

6 Caitlin October 26, 2010 at 9:39 pm

Funny you say that about the hot yoga class.. I am in Fort Lauderdale and it was soooo hot today, i guess it is because of the warm weather outside!

7 Krystina (Organically Me) October 26, 2010 at 9:53 pm

The episode was good! It’s the best one since the Britney episode, I think.
Krystina (Organically Me) recently posted..First Time for Everything

8 breakingsilence @ Freshman -15 October 26, 2010 at 9:54 pm

Glee = awesome tonight!! I had a “Full House” flashback when John Stamos sang!
breakingsilence @ Freshman -15 recently posted..pumpkin spice.

9 Lydia Joy October 26, 2010 at 10:25 pm

I’m not a big fan of Glee.. or really a fan of the show at all. Maybe I haven’t given it enough of a chance, but whatever. I’m kind of glad that you posted this video. I love Rocky Horror (WHO DOESN”T?!), and I’m a little disappointed that I didn’t watch tonight’s episode. Maybe I’ll catch it tomorrow online!

xoxo

10 Lisa (bakebikeblog) October 26, 2010 at 10:27 pm

oooh I wonder when that episode will hit Australia?
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..Wedding adventures โ€“ part 1

11 Kelly October 26, 2010 at 11:10 pm

OMG yoga was incredibly HOT tonight! I went to the 8:00 with Amber. Lots of childs pose.
Kelly recently posted..Running Style

12 Janae Jacobs October 27, 2010 at 12:14 am

I have to wait until tomorrow to watch Glee…. I can’t wait!! Your dinner looks so good and so simple which is my favorite type of dinner!
Janae Jacobs recently posted..Denny’s for Dinner

13 Teresa @ Teresa Tastes & Travels October 27, 2010 at 1:27 am

Rocky Horror + purple potatoes = perfect pairing (obviously)
Teresa @ Teresa Tastes & Travels recently posted..Zsa Zsa Homeless Will Write Dissertation for Food

14 Sana October 27, 2010 at 1:42 am

I have never watched Gleeee- I just don’t know if I could do it!
Sana recently posted..My Kinda Salad

15 Lauren October 27, 2010 at 6:45 am

I think I need to see an episode of Glee. I’m curious with all the hype.

Have a fabulous day girl!
Lauren recently posted..Welcome Home

16 Tabitha (From Single to Married) October 27, 2010 at 6:53 am

Apparently I need to finally watch a Glee episode. I have no idea what the fuss is all about! ๐Ÿ™‚

love the purple potatoes!
Tabitha (From Single to Married) recently posted..Alone in a Crowd

17 Allie October 27, 2010 at 8:18 am

It sounds like your Dad is a really good cook, plus he is funny!
Allie recently posted..Taco Heaven

18 Michelle October 27, 2010 at 9:12 am

I thought those purple potatoes were mini chocoloates…I was thinking what a strange combo. hahaha oops!

19 Ali October 27, 2010 at 9:20 am

My sister is asking for Season 1 of Glee for Christmas. Hopefully over Christmas break from grad school I can veg out and see what all the hype is about. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Also–I’ve never heard of purple potatoes but they look so cool!
Ali recently posted..New Challenge

20 Carolyn @ lovinlosing October 27, 2010 at 9:48 am

I missed Glee last night. In fact I’ve missed it the past few weeks. SOMEONE must’ve changed the priority settings on the DVR. :/
Carolyn @ lovinlosing recently posted..Hearty Beef Stew amp I Lost Weight

21 Melissa @ TryingToHeal October 27, 2010 at 10:09 am

aren’t purple potatoes awesome!?!?!? i got the mixed variety at trader joes’ (red, white and purple) and loved them!
Melissa @ TryingToHeal recently posted..NCIS vs. GLEE

22 Emily October 27, 2010 at 11:08 am

I was dying in anticipation of this episode too! I think as a diehard RHPS girl, I was a little disappointed in some of the numbers. As much as I love Mercedes, she’s no Tim Curry. But I loved the Will and Emma version of toucha, toucha, toucha me and John Stamos was smoking hot!
Emily recently posted..Dragging from Drag

23 katie October 27, 2010 at 11:51 am
24 Jean@RoastedRootsandPumpkinSpice October 27, 2010 at 2:53 pm

How good was that Glee episode?!?! Although I think John Stamos is MUCH hotter than Mr. Schuster. ๐Ÿ˜€

25 Jen @ keepitsimplefoods October 27, 2010 at 4:58 pm

I’m so excited to see Glee too! I don’t have cable so I have to wait an extra day-akk!