It’s betta with [pumpkin] butta

by Meghann on October 26, 2010

I used to be really good at sticking with my nightly and morning routines. I would be up at 5:30, breakfast by 7:20, work before 8:00, and back in bed by 9:30 that evening. I’m not sure how I did it, but I did and I did it without even thinking about it.

Lately, my nights have been getting later and later and my mornings have stretched longer and longer. Now I’m up still up at 5:30, but breakfast is at 7:40, work at 8:10, and I’m lucky if I’m in bed before 11:00. I think less sleep has me dragging me in the mornings and leaving me grumpy at the office. I need to get back to my normal sleeping routine, I just need to figure out how. :/

Luckily my training plan called for a relatively easy morning.

oct26

Perfect. I didn’t even have to bother with leaving my apartment complex or messing with a gate key. I just ran the loop around my complex a bajillion times until it hit 3 and was done for the morning in less than 30 minutes.

Shower —> Dress —-> Breakfast

IMG_4419

My parents’ sent me home with a homemade jar of PUMPKIN BUTTER last  night. You know I couldn’t go too long without whipping it out for my next meal.

IMG_4458

I slathered a healthy serving of the sweet pumpkin butter nectar on a toasted baguette with Naturally Nutty Vanilla Almond Butter and Chocolate Granola.

IMG_4454

mmm…. Pumpkin Butter is good. I could easily have ate it by the spoonful. Oh wait, I did. Two spoonfuls right out of the jar. Doesn’t get much better than that.

IMG_4411

On the side I had a delicious Honeycrisp Apple aka the best apple of all times. 😉

IMG_4457

Birthday Girl!

Happy Birthday to the beautiful, talented, amazing Kath! (I could have gone one and on here!)

We agreed yesterday that she could be 26 forever and I’ll be 25.

Soo…

Happy 26 + 2 !!

(No one will ever know) 😉

1 Amanda (Eating Up) October 26, 2010 at 9:26 am

Isn’t it amazing how easy it is for habits to be broken? Well, scratch that, I feel like good habits are easy to be broken, and bad ones are indestructible!
Amanda (Eating Up) recently posted..My Favorite Food

2 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat October 26, 2010 at 9:27 am

Happy Birthday to Kath! I am finding the same thing as you Meghann – mornings seem to stretch out longer and my evenings… well, I’m happy to make it to bed by 10:30 most nights! I think the main reason for my nights becoming later is extra time spent blogging, but it’s hard not to do something you love!
Your pumpkin butter looks delicious. I might have to make some soon because I’ve been seeing a lot of it in the blog world lately. I hope you have a great day! 🙂
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Thanksgiving Take 3!

3 Dorry October 26, 2010 at 9:34 am

I love that you run the loop around your apartment complex. I’ve done the same thing. On those shorter runs, sometimes it’s just a hassle to try and do an out and back. The bread you’ve been eating this week looks so good! Did you just buy a baguette?
Dorry recently posted..Eat- Move- Nest

4 Meghann October 26, 2010 at 9:37 am

Yeah it was an impulse purchase at the grocery store this weekend. 🙂 It’s the Italian 5 grain baguette from Publix.

5 Dorry October 26, 2010 at 10:34 am

Sounds like a good (and cost-effective) impulse buy to me! I LOVE the texture of a baguette.
Dorry recently posted..Eat- Move- Nest

6 Kath Younger October 26, 2010 at 9:56 am

🙂 🙂

Thanks for the shout out!!!! 26 is the best 🙂
Kath Younger recently posted..Meals Miles

7 Kelly October 26, 2010 at 10:06 am

With the return of my favorite fall shows, my bed time has gotten later and later also. Not good.
Kelly recently posted..College Weekend- and Halloween Themed Recipe

8 Biz October 26, 2010 at 10:08 am

Hey Meghann – I am hosting the BSI (Blogger Secret Ingredient) this week – our 100th week! I know its been a while since you participated, but it should be fun – I picked chiles! Any kind – hope you have a great day!

Biz recently posted..Don’t let life get in the way

9 Nic October 26, 2010 at 10:36 am

The darker the mornings get the longer I want to stay in bed! But once I’m out, there’s no turning back for me, it’s time to go, go, go!
Nic recently posted..Operation Remodel!

10 Becca October 26, 2010 at 10:47 am

I’m glad I’m not the only one deciding to stop aging around 26! 🙂
Becca recently posted..Help Me Run!!

11 Heather October 26, 2010 at 10:55 am

I agree – Honeycrisp apples are the best!

I haven’t had any pumpkin butter in a long time…I need to find some!
Heather recently posted..Pumpkin SoyNut Butter Smoothie

12 Jessica@tastyandtrim October 26, 2010 at 10:57 am

mmm I could spread pumpkin butter on everything! It’s the best waffle/french toast topping ever!
Jessica@tastyandtrim recently posted..Trader Joe’s Giveaway!

13 RunningOnCoffee October 26, 2010 at 11:04 am

I’m having trouble getting to bed early enough too. And it’s getting harder to wake up early as it’s now getting darker in the morning… Even with exercising and having a full busy day at work, I don’t feel tired at night (though once I do get in bed, I probably fall asleep within minutes). Maybe I need to set an alarm for myself at night that tells me it’s time to get ready for bed!

One of the shows I watch, Parenthood, goes til 11 – so that doesn’t work for going to bed early. Also, I’m looking forward to Conan returning to TV, but it’s past my bed time!! (I don’t have DVR).
RunningOnCoffee recently posted..Pumpkin Spice Smoothie – Fantastic!

14 kathleen October 26, 2010 at 11:07 am

i’m impressed you can go to bed later and later yet still get up at 5:30a. I would sleep in and miss whatever workout i had planned for the day.
kathleen recently posted..Chinese Inspired Sauce

15 Lauren @ Team Giles October 26, 2010 at 11:42 am

You seriously, are awesome. I don’t know how you get up that early and run. I’m at a dilemma too now, its getting dark in the evenings and thats normally when I’d run. I’ve got to get my schedule together so I can either 1. wake up early. or 2. run earlier in the evening. Kudos to you my friend!
Lauren @ Team Giles recently posted..How Not To Mess Up Spaghetti Squash

16 Sarah October 26, 2010 at 11:47 am

I’m the same way- I have GOT to start getting to bet earlier. Getting too little sleep is having a negative effect on me!
Sarah recently posted..An Unexpected After Taste

17 Nikki T October 26, 2010 at 11:48 am

Totally agree on the honeycrips apples! I got them at Costco and am just finishing up the bag today…another trip to Costco is in order!
Also, did your parents make that pumpkin butta?? It looks delish! If so…are they willing to share the recipe?? 🙂

18 Meghann October 26, 2010 at 1:24 pm

Yes, they made it. I believe they followed a random recipe they found online. I’ll have to ask them…

19 Clare @ Fitting It All In October 26, 2010 at 11:59 am

My aunt has been 26 forever too…she’s 46 now!!
And i <3 TJ's Pumpkin Butter with my dessert! Never tried a homemade kind though.
Clare @ Fitting It All In recently posted..My Nerdy Lunchbox

20 mary October 26, 2010 at 12:44 pm

Happy birthday Kath 🙂

Meghann, did your parents make their pumpkin butter or did they buy it? I am looking for a good recipe as I went pumpkin crazy at the store the other day because it was on sale. haha!
mary recently posted..Back to the Grind

21 Maria @ runningcupcake October 26, 2010 at 1:04 pm

Is it pumpkin seed butter or made from pumpkin puree? Sounds good whatever way around its made!
🙂
Maria @ runningcupcake recently posted..Baby Stuffed Pumpkin

22 Katherine @ Left Coast Contessa October 26, 2010 at 1:45 pm

I love Honey Crisps! Best apple of all time!
Katherine @ Left Coast Contessa recently posted..Sick Day

23 Hope October 26, 2010 at 4:59 pm

I think its a great idea to stop aging at 26! I feel better now that I did at 26 so surely I get to relive those years?!
Hope recently posted..A work in progress

24 Beth @ Kitchen Minions October 26, 2010 at 8:46 pm

I loved being 29 because that’s my birthdate. some ages are just more fun than others!
Beth @ Kitchen Minions recently posted..Pumpkin Whoopee Pies

25 Ali October 26, 2010 at 10:27 pm

I love being on a schedule too!! I’ve noticed that lately I’ve been going to be way later than I should be. Although, I get up at the same time still…it definitely has me feeling tired and moody. I’ll have to look to make a few changes to fix this!
Ali recently posted..New Challenge