Chicken, Pumpkin Butter, & Blue Cheese Quesadilla

by Meghann on October 26, 2010

Chicken…. Pumpkin Butter…. Blue Cheese… Quesadilla…

IMG_4474

Do I really need to say more?

I didn’t think so. 😉

Thank to a few of your lovely suggestions in yesterday’s post I was inspired to make a delicious quesadilla for lunch today. My original plan was for a traditional cheese, chicken, and salsa quesadilla, but when I went to grab the ingredients from the fridge I found myself eyeing the jar of my parent’s homemade Pumpkin Butter (Mom & Dad do you have a recipe you can share with the rest of the class) and a container of blue cheese. Thus the amazing Chicken, Pumpkin Butter, and Blue Cheese Quesadilla was born.

IMG_4479

No words. No words.

The combination of salty and sweet was everything I had expected and more. This has been put on my repeat list and I highly suggest you recreate it at home just to experience how delicious it is. 🙂

IMG_4478

Some slightly cooked asparagus gave my plate a splash of green.

IMG_4472

IMG_4468

A co-worker of mine brought in the world’s BEST brownies as part of our company’s annual Halloween Treat Week this morning.

IMG_4464

These were not ordinary brownies. They were peanut buttery, crunchy, butter, and just unbelievable delicious. Unfortunately his wife had made the brownies and he had no clue what was in them. He’s suppose to ask her for the recipe and if he comes through I promise to share. There was too good not to share. 🙂

1 kathleen October 26, 2010 at 1:54 pm

i am sitting here procrastinating and daydreaming about chocolate. those don’t look like ordinary brownies, they look like heaven on a paper towel. i knew i should have bought some chocolate when i was at the store yesterday.

2 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat October 26, 2010 at 1:56 pm

Wow, I would have never thought of that combo on my own, but it sounds really good – actually, anything with pumpkin butter sounds good to me!! My co-workers bring in baked goods quite often and for Halloween, there is one lady that does an incredible bake sale every year. I’ll be sure to take photos this time around! 🙂
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Thanksgiving Take 3!

3 gina@concierge4moms October 26, 2010 at 1:57 pm

Love the mix in the quesadilla! I would have never thought of mixing pumpkin and blue cheese before. Great idea, and those brownies just look like trouble!
gina@concierge4moms recently posted..Why is buying a simple birthday gift such a task

4 Molly October 26, 2010 at 1:58 pm

yummm that looks so good. Im going to add blackbeans to mine as well!
Molly recently posted..Something to look forward to

5 Liz October 26, 2010 at 2:08 pm

Yes, please share the brownie recipe! 🙂
Liz recently posted..Pumpkin Shortbread Bars w- White Chocolate Mousse

6 Teresa @ Teresa Tastes & Travels October 26, 2010 at 2:25 pm

Wow, that quesadilla looks divine!
Teresa @ Teresa Tastes & Travels recently posted..Zsa Zsa Homeless Will Write Dissertation for Food

7 Michelle (The Runner's Plate) October 26, 2010 at 2:30 pm

I made pumpkin butter this weekend, and it was phenomenal! My husband put it on his grilled sandwich last night! He said it was really good!
Michelle (The Runner’s Plate) recently posted..Diminishing Daylight

8 Balanced Healthy Life October 26, 2010 at 2:40 pm

That quesadilla sounds great! I would have never thought pumpkin butter and blue cheese would mesh well together!

9 Rebecca October 26, 2010 at 2:54 pm

My roommates and I used to make those brownies in college (or looks/sounds like the same ones). They didn’t have a name so we dubbed them ‘Orgasmic Brownies’. I can find the recipe if the wife doesn’t come through….they are trouble (as suggested by an earlier commenter).

10 Jessica@tastyandtrim October 26, 2010 at 3:01 pm

All I can say is YUM. That quesadilla sounds amazing. I have been spreading pumpkin butter on my food like it is going out of style, but have yet to incorporate it into a quesadilla. Thanks for the idea 🙂
Jessica@tastyandtrim recently posted..Trader Joe’s Giveaway!

11 Melissa October 26, 2010 at 3:06 pm

Meghann! I know the recipe (I think)! I make brownies very similar to those and all my friends have named them “The Killer Brownies”. Let me know if you want the recipe (super simple 🙂 )
Melissa recently posted..Fall Workout Challenge

12 sally kate October 26, 2010 at 3:11 pm

pretty please mom and dad?? i need a recipe for pumpkin butter desperately :):)

13 grocery goddess jen October 26, 2010 at 3:14 pm

Yum. I think I would have a love/hate relationship with office treats, but my office doesn’t do any such thing!
grocery goddess jen recently posted..Carbs Can Come Cheap

14 Marina October 26, 2010 at 3:21 pm

Awesome quesadilla!
I sooo wish I had pumpkin, in any form 🙁
Marina recently posted..speed up earth

15 Anna @ History Running Girl October 26, 2010 at 3:28 pm

Interesting combo! It sounds good though. I bet the salty blue cheese plus the sweet pumpkin butter was fabulous.

I haven’t found pumpkin butter in my grocery store, and I don’t have a trader joe’s nearby. Sad.
Anna @ History Running Girl recently posted..Running like a Camel

16 Kacy October 26, 2010 at 3:30 pm

Sounds like a very elegant flavor combination!

17 Amanda October 26, 2010 at 3:31 pm

Combo sounds awesome! I bet goat cheese and pumpkin butter would be great together too. Now I’m brainstorming how I can work it into a meal …

18 Margo October 26, 2010 at 3:34 pm

Would never have thought of that combo but will definitely have to try it out. Also can’t wait for the pumpkin butter or brownie recipe; both sound amazing!

19 Rachel October 26, 2010 at 3:35 pm

What a great quesadilla idea! I love mixing things up with different cheeses in quesadillas, or Mexican food in general. I made spinach, mushroom, and goat cheese enchiladas last night on a whim. I’ll give blue cheese a try next time and the pumpkin addition is brilliant!
Rachel recently posted..Pear ricotta muffins: Round 2

20 Lisa (bakebikeblog) October 26, 2010 at 3:45 pm

YUM AND YUM!!!!! I love asparagus too!

21 Chelsey (Cookteen) October 26, 2010 at 3:59 pm

I have the recipe for those brownies on my blog: cookteen.com
Here’s the link to the recipe: http://www.cookteen.com/brownie-goody-bars-lacrosse-dinner/

22 Matt October 26, 2010 at 4:19 pm

DROOLING!
Matt recently posted..Spelt Pancakes

23 Hope October 26, 2010 at 4:51 pm

You had me at blue cheese!
Hope recently posted..A work in progress

24 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) October 26, 2010 at 5:00 pm

Brownies.Look.So.Good.
Seriously.
And pumpkin butter+blue cheese?! What a combo!
I am very jealous. WHY DOES PUMPKIN BUTTER NOT EXIST IN ENGLAND???
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..Baking bread and burning

25 Krystina (Organically Me) October 26, 2010 at 5:12 pm

Sounds just interesting enough to work!
Krystina (Organically Me) recently posted..First Time for Everything

26 Smash @ Appreciate The Now October 26, 2010 at 5:21 pm

Everything is better in quesadilla form — throw anything in there!

27 Courtney October 26, 2010 at 6:59 pm

Yum! Those look like the brownies my mom used to make, I think they’re called Overstuffed Brownies?
Courtney recently posted..Cupcakes and Makeup

28 Lauren October 26, 2010 at 7:43 pm

I think that sounds like an unbelievable combo for a quesadilla. Pumpkin Butter and Blue Cheese? I love pumpkin butter and goat cheese but I haven’t tried it with blue cheese. I can’t imagine it would be anything less than amazing. 🙂
Lauren recently posted..Welcome Home

29 Dad October 26, 2010 at 8:00 pm

OK , when we were at Cades Cove, NC. My wife was inside a store and I was eavesdropping on a conversation between an old man and a sales clerk that was selling canned jellies on the porch. I followed his suggestion on how to make apple butter. Apples were in season, so we peeled and cut a 1/2 bushel and threw them in a crock pot to the point the lid barely fit on and seasoned to taste with cinnamon and sugar. He said not to add any water, put on about 4 o’clock and take off at 9 o’clock. I cooked a little longer than suggest (18 hrs total) and took the lid off to reduce the water content for canning. We bought the jars at the store and after a quick google search the whole process took about an hour. Basically the Pumpkin Butter was same thing except I chopped up the Pumpkin and steamed it first . After that chopped it up some more and strained it again. There was a lot of water, so pulled I pulled some pumpkin out for a Pumpkin Pie and slow cooked the rest for a couple af hours with lid off to reduce the water and added a little sugar and spice. What ever feels right, right ? Well a writter I am NOT !

30 Dad October 26, 2010 at 8:08 pm

Oh yea the old man was also saying when you’re making the apple butter take a biscuit dough and flatten it out. Put the apples softened on it and cover with another bisquit and bake I havent tried it yet but soon

31 Kelly October 26, 2010 at 11:08 pm

Love you Dad!! Great explanation! 🙂
Kelly recently posted..Running Style

32 Allie October 26, 2010 at 8:58 pm

What interesting flavor combo’s for the quesadillas! I’ll have to try that sometime 🙂
Allie recently posted..Taco Heaven

33 Stephanie @cookinfanatic October 26, 2010 at 9:11 pm

Love the flavor combo in this quesadilla!!!
Stephanie @cookinfanatic recently posted..Gettin Spicy Entomatadas Style

34 Ali October 26, 2010 at 10:36 pm

oh my gosh, this looks AMAZING. I can’t wait to try this combo 😉
Ali recently posted..New Challenge

35 katie October 27, 2010 at 11:47 am

i wish we we had a treat week. how does it work?

katie recently posted..55 degrees in LA this AM

36 Lacey @ Lake Life October 29, 2010 at 4:48 pm

Something about pumpkin butter and blue cheese in the same sentence just gives me the chills. I admire your advennturous nature when it comes to cooking!
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..Down with the sickness