more ยป" />

Relax-Relax-Relax

by Meghann on October 24, 2010

I believe this weekend away was the perfect balance of go-go-go and relax-relax-relax.

Yesterday was go-go-go and today was relax-relax-relax. Both were equally amazing and both made this weekend away one worth traveling for. ๐Ÿ˜‰

After the oatmeal buffet this morning, the relax portion of the weekend came in to play when Kath, Allie, Christine, Matt and I sat around the living room talking each other’s ears off for the remainder of the morning. You know you’re in good company when the conversation flows for hours and all of a sudden you realize it’s time for lunch.

We started with a sampling of Hungry Bars, which I’ve seen Kath rave about on her blog multiple times in the past.

I had a small bite of the Blueberry Walnut Bar. The texture was dense, chewy, and reminded me of an Honest Foods Granola Bar. I liked it and could definitely see how a good chunk could keep hunger away.

Lunch was a free for all spread of last night’s left over.

mmmm…. I <3 left overs!

I made a large salad with a little of this and a little of that.

A little of this + A little of that = the perfect Sunday lunch

And so concluded my time in KERF country. ๐Ÿ™

I’m hoping to talk Derek into returning to Charlottesville when FSU plays UVA in the future (GO Noles!). Until then I *think* I have Kath convinced to comes visit O-town in the winter. I believe promises of warm weather, Harry Potter, and Disney World are pretty convincing. Plus, I’ve already granted her free reign to organize my apartment how ever she sees fit. I need all the help I can get.

After a quick drive to Richmond and a lot of hugs good bye, I found myself once again sitting in an airport waiting for my flight home.

I grabbed an Iced Tea and Apple before boarding.

IMG_3263.jpg

IMG_3264.JPG IMG_3265.JPG IMG_3266.JPG

I’m going to put it out there yet again how much I love flying JetBlue.

The ability to watch a 16 & Pregnant marathon on the flight home was more than enough to convince me to fly again.

Keep me entertained and I’m easy the please. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I also love the snack selection. The Blue Terra Chips are my fave.

i stopped at Publix on the way home to grab a few item for the week and found myself drawn to the lovely rotisserie chicken aromas. I couldn’t help grabbing one to tear apart for dinner at home.

When I was younger rotisserie chicken from the Publix deli was a dinner staple at home. My Dad used to pick up a chicken and a bag of salad on the way home and call it dinner.

I thought about following my Dad’s salad lead, but decided what I was really craving was a full meal.

I made a plate of chicken, bread, green beans, and corn.

Thanks to the pre-made chicken this meal took two minutes to put together. Good thing too because I was starving when i finally sat down after 9:00 to eat!

For dessert I had some chocolate.

Time to catch some Zzzzssss…. Good Night!

1 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) October 24, 2010 at 10:32 pm

I had a great time on-the-go and relaxing with you this weekend! I’ll see you the next time you’re in a airplane/airport–San Fran! Weee!
Allie (Live Laugh Eat) recently posted..Wine Tasting in KERFville

2 Matt October 24, 2010 at 10:36 pm

I <3 rotisserie chicken!
Matt recently posted..Apparently I Am Sexy

3 Liz @ LBBakes October 24, 2010 at 10:37 pm

Sounds like a perfect weekend. ๐Ÿ™‚
Liz @ LBBakes recently posted..RTCP- Seeking Treatment

4 Stephanie @cookinfanatic October 24, 2010 at 10:38 pm

I spent some time at RIC this weekend too – gotta love our small airport ๐Ÿ™‚ Glad you had a great visit to VA!
Stephanie @cookinfanatic recently posted..City Girl

5 Amanda (Eating Up) October 24, 2010 at 10:43 pm

I love those pre-made chickens! They’re so good, and you have a great source of protein for days! My roommate and I split them when they’re on sale every Tuesday at Whole Foods.
Amanda (Eating Up) recently posted..My Favorite Food

6 Katie @ Healthy Heddleston October 24, 2010 at 10:45 pm

I thought that you can watch TV on planes now ๐Ÿ™‚
Katie @ Healthy Heddleston recently posted..Bananapple Muffins

7 Jewel@ eatdrinkshoplove October 24, 2010 at 10:49 pm

That flight looks like a winner…Blue Terra Chips and a Teen Mom Marathon…Score!

8 Niicole October 24, 2010 at 10:56 pm

Im soglad you had a great weekend! And a rockin race time ๐Ÿ™‚

9 Lacey @ Lake Life October 24, 2010 at 10:59 pm

Glad you had a nice balanced weekend! ๐Ÿ™‚

I was wondering, do you ever get really bummed on Sunday evenings after coming back from a great weekend away? If so, what do you do to get out of the “funk”? I find myself down in the dumps every Sunday night about this time.

10 Meghann October 25, 2010 at 5:51 am

I go to sleep. ๐Ÿ™‚ Sunday funk’s are best cured by a good night’s sleep.

11 mindy @ just a one girl revolution. October 24, 2010 at 11:18 pm

Glad you had a great weekend! I hope this week is just as wonderful! ๐Ÿ™‚
mindy @ just a one girl revolution. recently posted..around the world in three days

12 Kiran October 24, 2010 at 11:33 pm

Jetblue flights are always amazing! Love it ๐Ÿ™‚
Kiran recently posted..Orange and cranberry bread

13 Jess October 25, 2010 at 12:22 am

16& pregnant and teen mom are so addicting.
glad you had a good weekend!
Jess recently posted..A Surprise Visit

14 Hope October 25, 2010 at 1:59 am

Sounds like a fun trip!
When I was a kid rotisserie chicken was always our go-to weekend meal! Head to the supermarket, pick up the chicken, freshly baked buns and some coleslaw and we’d head out for a picnic….mmm
Hope recently posted..A work in progress

15 Alexia @ Dimple Snatcher October 25, 2010 at 2:00 am

glad you had a fab time!
Alexia @ Dimple Snatcher recently posted..my cats- chinese food- weekly goals

16 Kim @ thehealthyhigh.wordpress.com October 25, 2010 at 2:20 am

Rockin’ race time! I’m jealous you got to eat Kaths oats!

17 Liz @ Blog is the New Black October 25, 2010 at 6:22 am

Awesome that you got to watch 16 & Pregnant on the plane!!! And your rot chicken looks so good… those are so delish and such a time saver!

18 Lauren October 25, 2010 at 6:41 am

What a great weekend. Kath sounds like the ideal host too! ๐Ÿ™‚ But as always, I’m glad you made it back safe and sound. Have a great night’s rest hun. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Lauren recently posted..Welcome Home

19 Kath Younger October 25, 2010 at 7:22 am

๐Ÿ™‚

Looking at flights soon!
Kath Younger recently posted..Meals Miles

20 Errign October 25, 2010 at 7:36 am

Teen Mom/16 & Pregnant=super addicting.
Errign recently posted..so much to blog

21 Tabitha (From Single to Married) October 25, 2010 at 7:36 am

I’m with you – I like to be entertained when I fly. When we flew back from London a few years ago, we used Maxx Jet and they gave us these hand held dvd players and the time FLEW by because we just watched movie after movie – it was awesome!
Tabitha (From Single to Married) recently posted..Getting Something in Return

22 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine October 25, 2010 at 7:53 am

I used to fly JetBlue from Pittsburgh to NY and I always loved the TVs!! Hope you have a great start to your week!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..The Best Way

23 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday October 25, 2010 at 8:24 am

How could Kath say no to DisneyWorld and Harry Potter? I sure couldn’t pass that up.
Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday recently posted..Fall Fun Weekend

24 Heather @ Side of Sneakers October 25, 2010 at 11:12 am

We have matching plates ๐Ÿ˜‰
Heather @ Side of Sneakers recently posted..Tour de KERFville

25 Meaghen October 25, 2010 at 5:29 pm

I just flew Jet Blue too and was really impressed with them as well! I wish I had remembered ear phones because I would have loved to have watched TV. I’m too cheap to pay the $2 for their ear phones. They had a great snack selection for sure. I will definitely fly with them again!

26 Katie October 27, 2010 at 5:54 pm

The hubs and I JUST flew JetBlue for the first time a few weeks ago! He is now OBSESSED with the blue TERRA chips and keeps requesting that I purchase them when I grocery shop. He also may or may not have walked off the plane with a few extra bags…we were snack hoarders…
Katie recently posted..Product Reviews: EcoStore USA