KERF Country

by Meghann on October 22, 2010

Greetings from Casa de KERF. πŸ™‚

It’s weird to be in a house I see photographed so often online. I walked in and it was instant deja vue this afternoon. Same chairs, same stairs, same adorable little house full of oats and love. πŸ™‚

My flight up here was short and sweet. JetBlue had the cheapest ticket to Richmond and I have to say I really enjoyed the flight. The seats were comfy, they had great snack options, plenty of legroom and a little tv in the seat in front of you to watch trashy tv.

Kath picked me up from the airport right on time and we spent the hour and a half drive back to Charlottesville catching up on life.

We also talked about food, particularly the homemade crackers Matt had waiting for us back at the house.

Warm fresh out of the oven crackers! Umm… yes, please!

I had a couple dipped in hummus. πŸ™‚

After a quick change we were on our way to dinner in downtown Charlottesville. On the way over Kath had asked if I minded riding a bike this weekend around town. They had an extra one lying around and had borrowed an extra hat for the weekend. I practically jumped at the chance. I WISH I lived in a city that was more bicycle friendly and saw it as a fun adventure.

The ride from their house to downtown was just over 2 miles of hills, bike lanes, and stop lights. I was a little nervous at first because I’m not familiar with riding in traffic or on the roads, but I stayed inbetween Kath and Matt and just followed their lead.

The ride was a breeze. Everyone in Charlottesville seems to be very mindful of cyclists on the road and I even saw a few runners along the way. πŸ™‚

We met a few of Kath’s friends for dinner at Mono Loco, a really fun Mexican place known for big burritos and fun drinks.

I was told I could not leave without trying the Jalapeno Spice-a-Rita, so Kath and I split one before out meal.

IMG_3749.jpg

Wow! That drink was spicy, but in a really good way. Yum πŸ™‚

We had some delays ordering our food, so we were treated to complimentary chips & salsa.

Kath and I discovered the puffy flour chips were the best. So flaky and doughy. πŸ™‚

We also were given papaya tequila shooters.

ehh… not my thing, but I heard other people say they were quite tasty.

For dinner I ordered the Day on the Beach Burrito Bowl which had Cod, Yucca Fries, and various other burrito elements.

By the time the food arrived I was so ready to eat that i downed the whole thing way too fast. So fast that I barely registered whether it was actually good or not. I do remember liking the fish, but the sauce was a bit much.

Truth be the told the whole time we were eating dinner… I was really thinking about dessert!! πŸ™‚

Kath told me Sweet Frog has the best frozen yogurt she has ever eaten and I take Kath’s word very seriously. Especially when that frozen yogurt is Pumpkin Spice Latte (!!)

topped with Ginger Snaps and Pumpkin Muffin Crumbles (!!)

Oh me, oh me, oh my!

It was everything I hoped for an more. *swoon* πŸ™‚

IMG_8004.jpg

However, the belly full of cold ice cream made for a chilly bike ride back to the house. Totally worth it.

We have a LOT on the agenda this weekend including a big race in the morning. I’m determined to run a race in every state in the U.S. So far I have Florida, Illinois, New York, and California. Tomorrow it’s time to add Virginia to that list!

Good Night!!

1 Kristina @ spabettie October 22, 2010 at 11:12 pm

FUN !!

Have a GREAT weekend !! <3
Kristina @ spabettie recently posted..Thomas Keller’s Bouchon

2 Heather October 22, 2010 at 11:14 pm

so fun! that ice cream looks amazing. Have fun at the race!

3 Savannah P October 22, 2010 at 11:14 pm

This looked like such an amazing time!!! I very nearly swooned over your dessert. That looks absolutely fantastic. I’m going to try and recreate that as soon as possible using banana soft serve. SO good. Thanks for the inspo πŸ˜‰

It’s so true and so creepy/cute in a stalkery kind of way that you get to know people’s lives/towns/houses by reading their blogs! I’ll bet you’d definitely recognize serving plates and bowls, too, haha.
Savannah P recently posted..β€œBreathe”

4 Jessica@tastyandtrim October 22, 2010 at 11:26 pm

Looks like a fun night! I am craving some of that fro-yo right now – pumpkin spice latte flavor sound heavenly! Have a great weekend πŸ™‚
Jessica@tastyandtrim recently posted..Trader Joe’s Giveaway!

5 Shannon, Tropical Eats October 22, 2010 at 11:39 pm

what fun! gluck at the race tmrw πŸ™‚

pumpkin spice latte fro yo sounds divineeee
Shannon, Tropical Eats recently posted..Everyone

6 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat October 22, 2010 at 11:53 pm

You are one busy girl! Looks like a lot of fun!
Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat recently posted..Friday Funk

7 Heather @ Side of Sneakers October 23, 2010 at 12:03 am

Happy running!!

(Jalapeno spice-a-rita?! Yes please!)
Heather @ Side of Sneakers recently posted..The Long Awaited Stinky Feet- Pt 3

8 Maddie Essig October 23, 2010 at 12:16 am

I just commented on KERF about the yogurt place – I see now that it is called Sweet Frog and not Yogurtini πŸ™‚ BUT if you are ever in Kansas City, go to Yogurtini! You will have to giggle because it looks the exact same! And they also have amazing pumpkin spice latte yogurt. Win-win πŸ™‚
Have a fabulous race!
Maddie Essig recently posted..It’s official!

9 Alison (Ali on the Run) October 23, 2010 at 12:33 am

Love the idea of running a race in every state! Very cool. And definitely something to consider for my own life’s “to do” list…
Alison (Ali on the Run) recently posted..Saying Goodbye to Utah

10 The Strong Mama October 23, 2010 at 12:37 am

nice meeting you! Have a fun race tomorrow!
The Strong Mama recently posted..Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Bites

11 Lisa October 23, 2010 at 12:41 am

I don’t know how I feel about a spicy drink!!! Hmmm….
Lisa recently posted..Celebrating My Magazine Cover Debut!

12 Teresa @ Teresa Tastes & Travels October 23, 2010 at 2:57 am

It’s so great to see a post ABOUT each of you AND also BY each of you. Haha. Good luck!!!

13 Brenna (fabuleuxdestin) October 23, 2010 at 3:51 am

FUN! Pumpkin Spice Latte frozen yogurt?? yumm
Brenna (fabuleuxdestin) recently posted..verdun

14 Anya October 23, 2010 at 6:22 am

Hey Meghann
The FAQ link on ur blog doesn’t seem to work for me :(, was looking for a post on how u started running, just had a baby (well not just, about 7 months ago), and want to get back into running. Any advice on how to get back into the groove?
Thanks
Anya

15 Hope October 23, 2010 at 6:50 am

Sounds like fun! Hope you enjoy it!!
Hope recently posted..Tagged!

16 Heather October 23, 2010 at 7:46 am

Looks like fun, how is the weather there?

I don’t know what it is but the word “SWOON” annoys me! Anyone else?

17 Michelle (The Runner's Plate) October 23, 2010 at 7:57 am

That would be weird to walk into someone’s home you’ve seen so many pictures of and feel like you know, even though you’ve never been there!
Michelle (The Runner’s Plate) recently posted..Soup Fanatic

18 Lee October 23, 2010 at 8:26 am

Come run a race in Georgia! It’s only one state away from you. I’ll take you out for frozen yogurt after.

Have fun this weekend.
Lee recently posted..Lazy Dinner

19 Jen October 23, 2010 at 8:30 am

Ahh, I didn’t know you had the goal to run a race in every state. That’s my goal too. Seems much more attainable than a marathon in each state. Let me know when you’re ready for some of the more random states, and I’ll join you πŸ˜‰

Good luck today!
Jen recently posted..Marathon on

20 Lauren October 23, 2010 at 8:48 am

Sounds like a perfect weekend trip. Have a blast! πŸ™‚
Lauren recently posted..Walkers for Knockers

21 Krystina (Organically Me) October 23, 2010 at 9:03 am

Sounds like a great time. πŸ™‚
Krystina (Organically Me) recently posted..Falafel- A Tutorial

22 Anna October 23, 2010 at 9:39 am

Please let me know when you plan to run in TN! It would be awesome to meet you! =)

23 rebecca lustig October 23, 2010 at 9:46 am

yucca fries are the best!!!

so glad you two are having fun πŸ™‚
rebecca lustig recently posted..Bonjour- i miei amici

24 Matt October 23, 2010 at 9:54 am

Now you know how I feel everyday riding my bike πŸ˜‰ Isn’t it awesome?
Matt recently posted..Protein Power

25 Melissa October 23, 2010 at 10:01 am

I really wish I could find a great Mexican Restaurant around here! Looks like you two are having a blast. Keep up the bike riding!
Melissa recently posted..Challenge 3 Help

26 Caitlin October 23, 2010 at 10:18 am

that marg. looks amaaaazing!!

27 Rachel October 23, 2010 at 10:28 am

Bike friendly cities are the best! I miss Denver, my far one of the most bike friendly places I’ve lived.
That frozen yogurt sounds AMAZING Pumpkin spice latte?!?!? When I get to Virginia I’m going to get that yogurt!
Rachel recently posted..Spicy banana bran scones vegan!

28 Maria @ runningcupcake October 23, 2010 at 11:05 am

Yum that frozen yoghurt looks good!
Love the idea of racing in every US state- a fun challlenge. Good luck
πŸ™‚
Maria @ runningcupcake recently posted..Half term is here!

29 Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 23, 2010 at 11:24 am

Pumpkin Spice Latte frozen yogurt topped with pumpkin muffin crumbles and ginger snaps! That sounds so amazing! You have me craving frozen yogurt now!
Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life recently posted..Firehouse Kitchen for Dinner

30 Natalia - a side of simple October 23, 2010 at 12:22 pm

That is such an awesome goal about running a race in every state! I really admire that.
Natalia – a side of simple recently posted..A Newport Stroll

31 Lacey @ Lake Life October 24, 2010 at 4:39 pm

A Jalapeno cocktail? That’s borderline between genius or revolting. I can’t decided lol.
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..It’s all relative

32 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday October 24, 2010 at 9:26 pm

Cute picture of you two!!
Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday recently posted..Fall Fun Weekend