Poppin’ Straps

by Meghann on October 21, 2010

Notice something missing in this photo?

IMG_3177

Where’s the other sports bra strap?!?

I was wearing my Lululemon Ta Ta Tamer sports bra on my run this morning and went to scratch my back when I hit the strap and accidentally popped right off. It’s a simple fix of putting the hook back in it’s place, but do you know how difficult that is to do when the bra is still on you?

IMG_3183

I ended up tucking the strap into the back of my shirt and was fine for the remainder of the run. I just felt a little lopsided…if you know what I mean.

Beside my minor wardrobe malfunction the run was great.

I had a 7 miles ‘Pace Booster Run’ that called for 4 miles at my ‘steady run pace’ or about 8:42 – 8:57 min/mil according to MacMillan.

I felt really comfortable at the ‘steady run pace’ and was quite pleased with my stats.

• Mile 1: 9: 26
  • Mile 2: 916
  • Mile 3: 8:26
  • Mile 4: 8:43
  • Mile 5: 8:38
  • Mile 6: 8:42
  • Mile 7: 9:21

Not bad, not bad. 🙂

Breakfast: Overnight Oats in a Jar!

IMG_3669

I was jumping for joy when I came close to finishing this jar of peanut butter making last night’s Gooey Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars. I left about two tablespoons in the jar – the perfect amount for overnight oats.

IMG_3675

• 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
  • Vanilla Yogurt
  • Almond Milk
  • Cacao Nibs
  • Raisins
  • Cinnamon
  • Pear
  • Granola

IMG_3698

I think I have like 8 jars of nut butter in my pantry right now, but none of them are even close to being empty. I guess this will be my last OIAJ for a while. 🙂

FOCUS RALLY AMERICA

Recently I was given a really AMAZING opportunity to audition for Focus Rally: America, a brand new interactive cross-country reality web show, with one of my favorite Orlando blends. Focus Rally is a 5 week cross country scavenger hunt where teams of 2 compete for the grand prize of $100,000 and a brand new Ford Focus.

The coolest part of all is that it’s social media driven! To succeed at the scavenger hunt the teams of two will need to rely on their social media outlets to help answer clues and guide them on their journey. So, if the two of us get picked it wouldn’t just be us playing along, but all of YOU would play a huge part as well!

I’m auditioning with the Social Media GoddessMs. Katy Widrick – and if you seen her site recently, then you know we need your help to help gain the attention of the wonderful people at Ford!

Here’s how it works:

Tweet this: Hey @fordfocus and @fordfocusrally — @kwidrick & @mealsandmiles would ROCK your RALLY so put them in the driver’s seat! #FocusRallyAmerica

Post this to Ford’s Facebook Wall: Katy Widrick & Meghann Anderson would ROCK your RALLY so put them in the driver’s seat! (Orlando casting)

And leave a comment here… or on Katy’s Blog!

With your help we can show that we have the social media backing that it takes to rally across America. 🙂

1 michelle October 21, 2010 at 10:19 am

I’ve had the bra thing happen to me before too… so not cool.

That breakfast looks yum!
michelle recently posted..Somewhat Wordless Wednesday

2 rebecca lustig October 21, 2010 at 10:19 am

wow, the bra incident is so unfortunate. i hate when that happens– esp when i’m all dressed up and with a cute date…

good luck with the ford focus rally– looks really exciting!
rebecca lustig recently posted..Bonjour- i miei amici

3 Amanda (Eating Up) October 21, 2010 at 10:21 am

Haha all you can do is laugh when simple things don’t work !
Amanda (Eating Up) recently posted..Fancy Yourself an RD

4 Mindy @ just a one girl revolution. October 21, 2010 at 10:24 am

Good luck with the Ford Rally! Y’all would be great!
Mindy @ just a one girl revolution. recently posted..it took some muscle

5 Biz October 21, 2010 at 10:24 am

I am embarrased to say this Meghann, but I don’t know how to twitter – but I’ll leave a message on facebook! 😀
Biz recently posted..Tony is the Fire King

6 Kelsi October 21, 2010 at 10:29 am

blasted wardrobe malfunctions

7 Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin October 21, 2010 at 10:29 am

Wow soooo cool that you guys are competing to be on the web show!!!!!

8 Kiran October 21, 2010 at 10:30 am

Congrats and good luck with Focus Rally! I would continue to tweet and facebook my support 🙂 Go Orlando power team!

9 Jessica @ The Process of Healing October 21, 2010 at 10:37 am

I will definitely be tweeting..
And I know what you mean about OIAJ. I think I have around 9 open jars? One is pretty close to being finished. But I get on kicks where I only want one nut butter and the rest are somewhat forgotten. Need to fix that!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..A Good Day

10 RunningOnCoffee October 21, 2010 at 10:38 am

Yeah…the strap thing is hard to fix while running! And without a mirror.
Good luck with the contest! I have a 2006 Ford Focus that I love! And the new 2012 Focus is supposed to be even better (my husband is into all the car magazines).
RunningOnCoffee recently posted..Uh oh Sounds like somebodys got a case of the Mondays

11 RunningOnCoffee October 21, 2010 at 10:39 am

PS, I’ve never made oats in a jar, I’m interested now though!

12 breakingsilence @ Freshman -15 October 21, 2010 at 10:46 am

I tweeted!
breakingsilence @ Freshman -15 recently posted..Things I love

13 Shannon @ Freshman Yr of Life October 21, 2010 at 10:57 am

I’ll tweet that after I comment 🙂
1) I have that same camera
2) I tried the microwaved apples this a.m. in my oats and OMG it was delish
Shannon @ Freshman Yr of Life recently posted..FYOL Chapter 1

14 Nic October 21, 2010 at 10:58 am

What a cool opportunity! I can’t wait to hear how it turns out!
Nic recently posted..Chicken and Women

15 Kelly October 21, 2010 at 11:02 am

Haha sucks about the bra strap, that actually happened to my tan bra a few weeks ago except I can’t just clip it back on.
Kelly recently posted..I’m Back!

16 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat October 21, 2010 at 11:05 am

sorry to hear about the bra strap! i bet that felt awkward. your overnight oats look great and i’m about to check out the gooey chocolate peanut butter bars… they sound delicious!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Souped Up

17 Matt October 21, 2010 at 11:19 am

Good thing I am good with straps 😉
Matt recently posted..Eggs Part 2- What Eggs Do I Buy

18 Clare @ Fitting It All In October 21, 2010 at 11:44 am

I have convertable normal bras that do that ALL the time…at work! so frustrating!
Clare @ Fitting It All In recently posted..Sunday Afternoon &amp Reader’s Request

19 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat October 21, 2010 at 11:58 am

Ooh, I really hope you and Katy get to do the scavenger hunt thing–it would be awesome to see all the tweets, blog posts, and facebook messages!
Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat recently posted..I Can’t Win Them All

20 katie October 21, 2010 at 11:59 am

oh man! im 34 D so i probably would have had to go home instead!
katie recently posted..COUNTDOWNS

21 Tracy October 21, 2010 at 12:03 pm

I have been dying to make that butternut squash and apple soup you made the other day and I was just glancing at the recipe and noticed that it called for 2 tablespoons for garlic…that sounds like a lot! is it 2 teaspoons or 2 tablespoons?

22 Alina (Duty Free Foodie) October 21, 2010 at 12:31 pm

Good luck with the Rally! It soundds like a lot of fun. I’ve never bought a sports bra with actual straps before, but I see them all the time at the gym. However, I am thinking I have to take a point away from the Ta Ta Tamer for my next bra.
Alina (Duty Free Foodie) recently posted..Meet Trixie

23 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday October 21, 2010 at 12:32 pm

Oh that sounds like a really cool competition!
Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday recently posted..Superhero Balls

24 Krystina (Organically Me) October 21, 2010 at 12:41 pm

I guess you’re having trouble taming your tata’s!
Krystina (Organically Me) recently posted..Recreating Millet Yam Cakes

25 MaryBe October 21, 2010 at 12:50 pm

The Ford Rally sounds fun, good luck!
MaryBe recently posted..Minty Wellness Hotel and Spa – A Review

26 Stephanie October 21, 2010 at 12:52 pm

Headband???
I’ve noticed cute polka dot headbands in many of your running/post running shots. Do you use a no slip headband? Do they stay tight?
I always feel like my headbands stretch out too much and have yet to find one I really like.

The best I’ve found so far is lu-lu lemon’s no slip headbands but I don’t like them very much.

27 Meghann October 21, 2010 at 12:57 pm

It’s a Sweaty Band!!! LOVE THEM!!!

28 Stephanie October 21, 2010 at 1:01 pm

which of the sweaty bands is it? thin?wide?sport?

29 Meghann October 21, 2010 at 1:11 pm

Sports!

30 Rachael October 21, 2010 at 12:55 pm

Ford’s facebook wall is totally spammed with these comments right now haha
Rachael recently posted..thanks Dad!

31 Anna @ History Running Girl October 21, 2010 at 12:58 pm

I think you would rock it!

I hate when my bra strap unsnaps. So hard to put back while moving!
Anna @ History Running Girl recently posted..Shred it with Weights

32 Jessica@tastyandtrim October 21, 2010 at 1:28 pm

Good luck with the Focus Rally – it sounds like a ton of fun! You would be great! I’ve had my bra strap snap on me before too. Luckily I wasn’t running, but I know what you mean about it not being so easy to hook it back on when you’re wearing it!
Jessica@tastyandtrim recently posted..Stay Tuned for a Surprise!

33 Stephanie B. October 21, 2010 at 2:04 pm

Good luck!!

34 Gina G October 21, 2010 at 2:05 pm

Goodluck with the Ford Rally! 🙂

35 Bess @ Bess Be Fit October 21, 2010 at 2:11 pm

That’s a cute tank and matching bra! Good thing you were able to tuck in the strap 🙂
Bess @ Bess Be Fit recently posted..by the way…

36 kelsey@snackingsquirrel.com October 21, 2010 at 2:26 pm

thankfully it didnt smack u in the face. i had that happen to me once, and it somehow came back over and hit the side of my eye. WTF lol <3

37 Cailin @ Stir Crazy October 21, 2010 at 3:30 pm

Good luck with the Ford Rally! I’ll be rooting for you and Katy!
Cailin @ Stir Crazy recently posted..Why I Love Yoga- Reason 87

38 Hope October 21, 2010 at 3:48 pm

Haha I love the name of that bra! Awesome! I also love OIAJ but don’t seem to go thru nut butter fast enough!
Hope recently posted..Tagged!

39 Jae October 21, 2010 at 4:06 pm

I want you guys to winnn

40 Amanda October 21, 2010 at 6:24 pm

Ugh! Love the Ta Ta Tamer but had hte same thing happen during a race. A true pain! You handled it chicly though!!

41 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] October 21, 2010 at 6:55 pm

Sounds like a delicious oat combo today!

Where do you buy your cocoa nibs!?
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..Nothing But Good GIVEAWAY!

42 Steph October 21, 2010 at 6:57 pm

Good luck!

43 Michele October 21, 2010 at 9:34 pm

Tweeted – good luck!!!
Michele recently posted..What if Wednesday

44 shorty October 21, 2010 at 11:24 pm

I would SOOO follow you two!!!