Return to Hot Yoga

by Meghann on October 18, 2010

Hot Yoga almost didn’t happen tonight.

I was almost giddy as I was packing my hot yoga bag this morning. I had not been to a class since before my marathon and my body was dying to stretch and sweat.

Towel? Check! Clothes? Check! Mat? Check! Water bottle? Check!

All ready to go!

That is until I checked my calendar and realized I had a 5:00pm meeting. Ughh…. not cool.

Luckily, my meeting was attached to a much larger meeting and that meeting ran early, meaning my 5:00 pm presentation turned into a 4:30 pm presentation. Score! I gave my speech, answered questions and was out the door just in time for 6:00 pm hot yoga!

Before class I had the other half of my Top of the Morning Muffin.

Kelly began tonight’s class stating “We only have one new person tonight, let’s do all 56 poses.” She warned it would be fast, but that ‘we could handle it.’ Love her enthusiasm.

The class itself wasn’t as fast as I’ve experienced in the past. We took one pose at a time and held it each for 5 breaths. We did a few poses I was unfamiliar with and I learned to twist and turn in completely new ways.

We ended the class with some serious hip openers. I believe we spent 10 or 15 minutes opening our hips and boy did my hips need it! I need to record Kelly’s sequence and follow it after every long run. My body would thank me profusely.

After class i was *this close* to having ice cream for dinner. Instead, I grabbed the leftover spaghetti squash and made a quick 3 minute meal.

Spaghetti squash + black beans + salsa + crushed nuts + a quick spin in the microwave = quick & easy meal.

The salsa topping came courtesy of the the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program.

IMG_3380.jpg

I find it interesting it’s labeled Pace Original Picante Sauce. Why not Picante Salsa? Hmmm….

The ‘sauce’ was just as an ‘salsa’ should be. Thick, tomato-ey, and just a hint of spice.

πŸ™‚

I was also *this close* to having ice cream for dessert too. But, then I remembered I had cupcakes to eat.

One Red Velvet Cupcake with one Dark Chocolate Adora Disc topper.

TIme to catch up on my DVR.

Gossip Girl calls!

xoxo

1 Amanda (Eating Up) October 18, 2010 at 9:46 pm

Is it odd that I think the red velvet cupcake looks yummier slightly smashed?
Amanda (Eating Up) recently posted..A Sweet Shout Out to Apple Holler

2 Kristy @ KristyRuns.com October 18, 2010 at 10:02 pm

Spaghetti squash looks delish! …although there’s nothing wrong with dessert for dinner every now and then. πŸ˜‰

3 Jessica @ The Process of Healing October 18, 2010 at 10:05 pm

That red velvet cake looks soooo good and I really need to try hot yoga!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Bloggie Swap

4 Amy October 18, 2010 at 10:08 pm

Meetings that run early? What is this phenomenon of which you speak?
Amy recently posted..saturday best

5 Katherine Savod October 18, 2010 at 10:08 pm

The servers at my favorite Mexican restaurant refer to the salsa as “sauce”. That is what it is called when it is authentically Mexican. That’s why it says sauce instead of salsa on the bottle! πŸ™‚

6 Hope October 18, 2010 at 10:19 pm

Hot yoga sounds so good! I’m a total hot yoga virgin, never tried it! Don’t think they offer it in my city πŸ™
Red Velvet cupcakes look soooooo good!
Does this mean icecream for breakfast now?!
Hope recently posted..Tagged!

7 Sana October 18, 2010 at 10:31 pm

Red velvet is basically amazeballs!
Sana recently posted..Just in Case

8 Julie @ Wearing Mascara October 18, 2010 at 10:57 pm

So, I did hot yoga for the first time last year when I was living in Pittsburgh. I hated it but I knew that I’d have to give it more than one chance.

That chance didn’t happen in Pittsburgh but it happened this week in Lancaster (new home!). I LOVE my new studio! I have been twice (90-minutes and both times I had to take a break to get some air; my goal is to make it through an entire class without getting too overheated that I feel like I need a break). Aaaanyways, I loveeeee it! I feel like it’s changing my life even though it’s only been two classes!

Glad it works for you too!!!!

9 lynne October 18, 2010 at 11:31 pm

although that red velvet cupcake looks fantastic, you should have had a chocolate cupcake! today is national chocolate cupcake day!

10 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat October 19, 2010 at 1:12 am

I wish you could record your hip openers from hot yoga, too! That’s always my favorite part of the class, but I can never remember all the poses!
Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat recently posted..I Can’t Win Them All

11 Marina October 19, 2010 at 1:31 am

yoga feels so well after long heavy workouts.
the cupcake looks yummy, specially with that disk on the top πŸ™‚
Marina recently posted..hunger- where are you hiding

12 Lyn October 19, 2010 at 1:55 am

Hey, isn’t that chocolate disk a calcium supplement? If it’s the same one I used to use, YUM!!
Lyn recently posted..Losing Weight and Dying

13 Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) October 19, 2010 at 3:11 am

can you post about the hip openers? i would love some more suggestions. after long runs my hips hate me for like two full days.
Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) recently posted..TIA- Home Improvement

14 Angela (the diet book junkie) October 19, 2010 at 4:36 am

this reminds me, i really need to start doing yoga. either that, or pick up some cupcakes.

15 Lauren October 19, 2010 at 6:50 am

Glad you were still able to make it to hot yoga. I am sure your body thanked you for it! πŸ™‚
Lauren recently posted..Walkers for Knockers

16 Emma October 19, 2010 at 7:23 am

I think salsa is just the spanish word for sauce, maybe that has something to do with it.

17 Savannah P October 19, 2010 at 8:03 am

Hi from a Port Orange blogger! Nice to see so many floridians out on the blogosphere <3 I really want to try hot yoga! It looks like you had a great time πŸ™‚ The salsa/sauce looks delish, too!
Come check out my blog sometime; I'm -very- new haha.

18 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday October 19, 2010 at 8:31 am

and I bet hot yoga helped out with the stress from the day too! Glad you made it πŸ˜€
Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday recently posted..Superhero Balls

19 Nichole October 19, 2010 at 9:39 am

Hope yoga was hawt enough for ya.

Spaghetti squash is all the rage this fall, I’m going to have to try it out!

20 Leslie October 19, 2010 at 1:22 pm

It’s called Pace Picante Sauce b/c its a Texas original and us texans actually call “salsa” – “hot sauce”, strange I know, but I’m sure b/c of Pace Picante Sauce, ha! My whole life I’ve called it chips and hot sauce! Not till I was an adult did I realize the entire country refered to it as salsa. I guess we really do speak our own language! πŸ™‚

21 Amanda @ Cakes and Ale October 19, 2010 at 1:42 pm

“Salsa” is Spanish for “sauce”!