Favorite Snack Turned Meal

by Meghann on October 18, 2010

Happy Monday Peeps!

Have a good weekend? Mine was nice and relaxing.. just what I needed. πŸ˜‰

My Monday started out just like every Monday should – sleeping in followed by a nice walk with Maddie. We did two laps of my apartment complex. Maddie sniffed every patch of grass possible and I was able to slowly wake my body up in the process.

Breakfast was hot bowl of fall.

IMG_3334

• 1 large apple microwaved for 2 minutes with cinnamon and a scoop of almond butter
  • 1/2 crumbled Top of the Day Muffin from Whole Foods
  • Vanilla Yogurt
  • Sprinkle of Cinnamon

IMG_3341

Hot Cinnamon Apples reminds me of when I was little and my sister and I used to make this snack on a daily basis. I’m not sure how exactly we discovered the amazingly delicious snack of heating up apples in the microwave, but I will say we were addicted. I think the addition of almond  butter, muffin, and yogurt really bulked up my favorite childhood snack and turned it into one amazingly delicious meal. πŸ™‚

IMG_3342

A couple of things before I go:

• A few of you have left comments wondering where my Period Post is. It’s coming, I promise!
  • I’m also finalizing my Palm Beach training plan! Should have that ready tomorrow morning. πŸ™‚

Anything else?

Nope?

Good!

See ya at lunch!

1 Amanda October 18, 2010 at 9:18 am

I thought your favorite snack turned meal for fall would involve pumpkin. πŸ˜‰ Have a good Monday! BTW, I will be in Palm Beach Dec 12-14. Any chance of an overlap?

2 Shannon @ Freshman Yr of Life October 18, 2010 at 9:28 am

Brilliant idea regarding the apples in the microwave. I shall try it tomorrow!!
Shannon @ Freshman Yr of Life recently posted..FYOL Chapter 1

3 Tabitha (From Single to Married) October 18, 2010 at 9:32 am

I had a great weekend, thanks for asking. πŸ™‚ Went to the bi-annual White House Garden Tour. It was my first time and it was cool to see the White House up close and personal and it was a perfect day weather wise. And I spent the rest of the weekend hanging with my boys – so yes, definitely had a great weekend.
Tabitha (From Single to Married) recently posted..Creating a Photoshoot at Home

4 kristy @ kristyruns.com October 18, 2010 at 9:37 am

I wish I had a microwave to cook this! I suppose I could make it in the oven although it would take longer. Looks worth it thouh! Yum! πŸ™‚
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..Pumpkin Trip Oh-Ten

5 AshleyCarole October 18, 2010 at 9:55 am

I loved microwaved apples! They are one of my favorite snacks right now!

6 Amanda (Eating Up) October 18, 2010 at 10:00 am

I make that as a snack too! And I almost always burn my mouth on the apples because I don’t wait for them to cool down a bit after heating them up! πŸ˜›
Amanda (Eating Up) recently posted..A Sweet Shout Out to Apple Holler

7 kelly October 18, 2010 at 10:01 am

How do you microwave the apple?? Sounds awesome!
kelly recently posted..233

8 JW October 18, 2010 at 12:28 pm

I was wondering the same thing! Is it better to leave it whole and core it or is it ok to go ahead and chop up the apple to warm it?

9 Meghann October 18, 2010 at 1:18 pm

I core the apple and cut it into cubes.

Add a generous portion of cinnamon and mix well.

And microwave for a minutes, mix again, then another minute.

πŸ™‚

10 Elizabeth October 18, 2010 at 3:27 pm

I’m definitely going to have to try this! Sounds great!

11 Amy October 18, 2010 at 10:22 am

That sounds so good, especially with the almond butter melting on top … mmm. I just had breakfast but now I want THAT!
Amy recently posted..saturday best

12 Kelly October 18, 2010 at 11:05 am

Breakfast looks delicious!
Kelly recently posted..New York- New York!

13 Biz October 18, 2010 at 11:17 am

I love warm apples too – I never think to make them until the weather turns chilly though!

Looks like you had a fun weekend too! πŸ˜€
Biz recently posted..Cleaning Freak!

14 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun October 18, 2010 at 11:23 am

I was picturing “baked” apples this morning at the store. I was bummed I didn’t make them for breakfast. Now I feel like I missed out all over again. Such an easy and delicious snack or meal component.
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..completely irresponsible

15 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine October 18, 2010 at 11:49 am

Microwaved apples are amazing, I agree. Microwaving them with cinnamon, maple syrup and a splash of almond milk is even better πŸ™‚

Hope you have a great day!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Brunch Food and a Guacamole Tutorial

16 sweetersalt October 18, 2010 at 12:07 pm

I love baked apples, but I never think to microwave them. Could be a great office afternoon snack. Thanks for the idea!

Laura
sweetersalt recently posted..Moroccan-Style Stuffed Acorn Squash

17 Tori October 18, 2010 at 12:26 pm

I’ve never heated my apples but I’ve been wanting to try baking them. I don’t much like apple pie though so I figured it’d taste like that…
Tori recently posted..Pickin Pumpkins

18 Kristin October 18, 2010 at 12:29 pm

I saw on Twitter you get teary reading other people’s race reports… so here’s mine! Ha ha ha! Seriously, both your and Caitlin’s blogs got me through a lot of the hard times, questioning my training, etc., so thanks!

19 Allie October 18, 2010 at 2:13 pm

Awesome post πŸ™‚ Good luck with the training plan!!
Allie recently posted..A case of the Mondays I think not!

20 Jessica@tastyandtrim October 18, 2010 at 2:30 pm

mmmm I am loving hot bowls of fall lately. I call them “Bowls of Autumn Goodness” πŸ™‚ Microwaving apples has to be the best time-saving tip! They still taste just like they were baked but in WAY less time.
Jessica@tastyandtrim recently posted..Perfect Autumn Meal

21 Paige @ Running Around Normal October 18, 2010 at 2:44 pm

I love warm apples too:) It seems like they need to be green though – and all I have is red. I’ll need to change that:)

22 Stacey (The Habit of Healthy) October 18, 2010 at 3:05 pm

Apples, cinnamon and AB is always a winning combination – espeically if the apples are hot. Yum! πŸ™‚

23 Melissa October 18, 2010 at 4:38 pm

Being really sick right now, I think this may be my dinner with some yogurt. Yogurt is really good for women who are on an antibiotic, so I’m lapping it up right now πŸ™‚

24 Brittney October 18, 2010 at 6:39 pm

I do the microwaved apple slices and cinnamon too! Great trick. It’s good in oatmeal as well!
Brittney recently posted..Beach X 2