Marathon Sunday

by Meghann on October 17, 2010

Happy Marathon Sunday!

Not my marathon! Though a week ago today, I was in the middle of running Chicago. πŸ˜‰ I’m talking about Marathon Sunday for the dozens of virtual friends I have out there who are currently kicking booty in marathons all over the country!

Monica in Long Beach

Jen in New Jersey

Beck in Newport

Heather in Denver

Sarah in San Francisco

And so on, and so on!

Good luck girls! I’m anxiously waiting on twitter for up to the minute updates!!

Speaking of twitter….

Have you heard about races where you can sign up to tweet your time splits? I’ve heard of it, but this morning was the first time I saw it in action.

Screen shot 2010-10-17 at 10.20.54 AM.png

How cool is that? By the way, you rock Megan! πŸ˜‰

I hope more races adapt this way of runner tracking. Text messages and e-mail alerts are great, but it would be so much easier to direct people to your twitter page. That way they don’t have to worry about registering for anything and the tweets seem more reliable than the texts. (I heard people stopped getting my tracking texts after the halfway point last weekend!)

I wasn’t running a marathon this morning, but I did get 4 miles in with Derek.

He took me around one of his new neighborhood routes and we took the time to play catch up on life. Derek is still mastering the ability to talk and run at the same time, but I think he’s getting there.

When we got back to his place, his brother was making an egg and bagel sandwich. It looked so good I knew I wanted the same thing for my own breakfast.

Two scrambled eggs and fig preserves with an everything bagel. Just what the doctor ordered.

Well, that and a side of fruit. πŸ™‚

Yesterday was all about college football. Today it’s the NFL. Man, football really takes over Fall weekends, doesn’t it?

However, today we won’t be watching the games on the couch. Derek got us tickets for the Bucs game this afternoon! They’re playing the New Orleans Saints at 1:00, so it should be a good one!

I’ve been to more than a few college football games in my day, but this will be my first NFL game. I’m pretty excited and can’t wait to be chilling in the stadium with a beer in my hand (there’s no beer at the FSU games).

Gooooo Bucs!!!

1 Exercise and Eat October 17, 2010 at 10:33 am

Go Bucs!!! Enjoy football Sunday:)

2 alison October 17, 2010 at 10:36 am

Wow, I’m so jealous! Have a great time at the game. I hope it’s a good one!
We’re Bucs fans living in Redskins land. ugh πŸ™‚
alison recently posted..Crafty

3 Matt October 17, 2010 at 10:41 am
4 Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) October 17, 2010 at 10:41 am

No beer at a college football game? What kind of crazy school is FSU?! πŸ˜‰
Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) recently posted..Mood board for a dream house

5 Amy October 17, 2010 at 10:52 am

That’s so exciting! I love NFL but I’ve never gotten to see it live.

(And I love how football takes over every weekend in the fall. Hooray!)
Amy recently posted..saturday best

6 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday October 17, 2010 at 11:32 am

And the Detroit Free Press Marathon too!
Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday recently posted..Superhero Balls

7 Me-Linh October 17, 2010 at 11:40 am

I love how all those blogs have “run” somewhere in their title!!
Me-Linh recently posted..Some Confessions

8 Food & Other Things October 17, 2010 at 11:46 am

I haven’t had an egg sandwich in forever…I need to fix that soon! Have fun at the game!
Food & Other Things recently posted..Weekend Snapshot- TV

9 Claire (Low Impact Fashionista) October 17, 2010 at 12:18 pm

I can’t remember the last time I had a bagel, egg, jam sandwich! They used to be one of my favorite breakfasts…thanks for reminding me that they exist πŸ™‚

10 Krystina (Organically Me) October 17, 2010 at 12:44 pm

Have fun πŸ˜€
Krystina (Organically Me) recently posted..Good News Cookies

11 mary October 17, 2010 at 1:16 pm

Have fun at the game! I’m a little jealous, I’ve never been to an NFL game before πŸ™‚ Actually… I wish I understood football a little bit better. haha!
mary recently posted..Lazy

12 Jaclyn October 17, 2010 at 3:07 pm

Ah, all those marathoners!!

Sometimes bfast cravings can be sooooo good, you just gotta go w/ it!!
Yay for fall football, yesterday was my teams home coming game, we won!! πŸ˜€
Jaclyn recently posted..More Pumpkin Lovin!

13 kathryn October 17, 2010 at 3:34 pm

I went to my first NFL game a few weeks ago to watch the bucs play the steelers. Sooo much fun but I was nothing but a sweatball! Glad you guys are going to have great weather. Have fun!

14 Biz October 17, 2010 at 3:49 pm

A couple years ago my husband and I were invited to a Northern Illinois game – we tail gated outside, had cocktails, so much fun! Until we find out there is no alcohol DURING the actual game at college games! πŸ™

Have fun!

15 Holly October 17, 2010 at 4:03 pm

Tweet my time is new to the marathon world and the Columbus Marathon today was one of the few that are trying it out. This is the 2nd year they have done it. Megan and I ran together πŸ™‚ What a cool running tool! It will also post to your Facebook page.

16 RunnerMegan October 19, 2010 at 8:28 am

Thanks for posting my running tweets Meghann! πŸ™‚ I agree with Holly, the TweetMyTime was great.

17 Jess October 17, 2010 at 4:12 pm

I ran my first marathon today! Met my goal and came in under 5 hours – 4:56:22! Woot woot!

18 Sana October 17, 2010 at 4:20 pm

Enjoy your day of football!
Sana recently posted..Just in Case

19 Lisa (bakebikeblog) October 17, 2010 at 5:11 pm

ooooh have fun! Its sure to be an awesome day!
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..Time to roll

20 Becky October 17, 2010 at 5:42 pm

Thanks for the shout out! I am officially in love with the marathon…and already planning my next one!
Becky recently posted..The Other Side of Marathon Training

21 Lizzy October 17, 2010 at 6:18 pm

DETROIT FREE PRESS Marathon today!!!! i totally rocked it

22 Heather October 17, 2010 at 7:57 pm

cool you got to go to the game!
I am a die hard saints fan from NOLA, so…sorry we had to kick tampa bay booty today, lol! looked like a pretty day though.
Heather recently posted..Pictures from Run for Life Half Marathon

23 Katy October 17, 2010 at 8:43 pm

Your breakfast looks so yummy. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

I love your blog (even though you are a Noles fan and I am a die-hard Gator)!!! Very inspiring as I train for the WDW Half Marathon! πŸ™‚
Katy recently posted..Meltdown in the kitchen

24 The Linz (Destination 26.2) October 17, 2010 at 9:08 pm

Yay for marathon Sunday! πŸ™‚ I ran my first marathon today in San Francisco today – woo hoo! They did a cool thing through Facebook where it updated similar mileage updates on facebook throughout the race. It sounds like it was similar to the tweet thing. I thought it was realIy neat to not have to worry about my phone when running, but still keep my family and friends updated on the course.

Have fun at the football game. Sounds like a blast!

25 Marg October 17, 2010 at 9:39 pm

I’m happy the Saints beat the Bucs – hope you still enjoyed your first game! I’m so looking forward to going to NOLA for Halloween weekend, and hoping to see the game if we can find tickets.

26 Toronto Girl West October 17, 2010 at 10:06 pm

I participated in Marathon Sunday at Long Beach!

It was my first half and it was all kinds of awesome! πŸ™‚
Toronto Girl West recently posted..I Survived

27 heather @ dietitian on the run October 17, 2010 at 11:37 pm

Thanks, again, for the shout-out! πŸ™‚ this was definitely a busy day in the blogger + marathon world!!

And now I’m thinking Fig preserves are on mu grocery list….

28 skinnyrunner October 18, 2010 at 12:02 am

thanks for the shoutout, i always get a gajillion million hits whenever you mention sr. i really should be paying you…. maybe in pizza?

29 jenna November 21, 2010 at 1:01 pm

that looks sooo yummy with fig preserves!!
jenna recently posted..Stronger and Stronger