more ยป" />

Go Bucs!

by Meghann on October 17, 2010

Are you ready for some Football?

Great weather. Great seats. Great company.

What more could a girl ask for?

Well… maybe a win, but is that really what’s important here? Pshhh… no! ๐Ÿ˜‰

It really was a BEAUTIFUL day for a football game. We’ve been experiencing some cooler temps in Florida lately and the light breeze did a wonderful job of counteracting the hot sun. Yes, I did sweat, but it could have been worse. Way worse. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Before the game Derek and I picked up lunch to go at Whole Foods. Picking up lunch in advance saved us some $$ and belly aches in the stadium.

We were going to go easy with subs, but the Pizza slices were on sale for $1.99! That’s a bargain! ๐Ÿ˜‰

I selected a slice of the Gruyere, Ham, and Apple (very rich, but very tasty) and made a small salad from the salad bar to go with it.

Yum!

And when I say lunch on the go, I literally mean lunch on the go. ๐Ÿ™‚

IMG_3275.JPG IMG_3276.JPG

Off to the stadium we went!

Like my new jersey? Derek was proudly exclaiming how I now own both a Tampa Bay Rays shirt and a Bucs Jersey. Not to mention all the FSU gear. Apparently my wardrobe has never been sexier. ๐Ÿ˜‰

IMG_3286.jpg

We had awesome seats in the lower lever. Want to know the biggest different between college games and pro games? Comfy seats!

These seats had backs AND cup holders on the back of the seat in front of you. Luxury. These seats were luxury I say. ๐Ÿ™‚

During halftime I had a Honeycrisp Apple.

I gave Derek a few bites and I think he has officially jumped onto the HoneyCrisp bandwagon. He declared it one of the best apples he had ever sunk his teeth into. ๐Ÿ™‚

Sadly, we did not win. Final score 31 – 6. Ouch.

The game was quick and before i knew it I was on my way back home…

And making dinner in my own kitchen.

Spaghetti Squash with bulked up marinara sauce.

I bulked up about 1/2 a cup of jarred marinara sauce with kale, mushrooms, meatless meatballs, orange pepper, onions, and blue cheese. Nothing fancy, just wanted to give the sauce some extra flava and nutrients.

The best part was the left over Dill Bread on the side. I forgot how good it was. Well seasoned with a lovely cheesey taste. yum!

Dessert…

Oh yea… it’s back. ๐Ÿ˜‰

You’d think I would be sick of pumpkin by now, but… I’m not. So not. Pumpkin forever! ๐Ÿ˜‰

p.s. sorry if you are sick of reading about pumpkin. Please don’t go. I promise to take it down a notch. Promise!

CONGRATS to all the new marathoners out there today!!! I can’t wait to play catch up with my google reader and twitter to read all the recaps!

Good night!

1 Shannon, Tropical Eats October 17, 2010 at 9:25 pm

pumpkin forever is right!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

this has been a lousy weekend of football UGHHHH.
Shannon, Tropical Eats recently posted..Seasons Are Changing

2 alison October 17, 2010 at 9:27 pm

So sad about the Bucs, but it looks like you and Derek had a great time. That stadium is beautiful.

Oh, and there can never be too much pumpkin. Never.
alison recently posted..Crafty

3 Erin @ A Girl & Her Mutt October 17, 2010 at 9:29 pm

Ha! I just got my first TB Bucs shirt this year and the BF loves it! Although we do disagree when it comes to college. I’m a FSU girl and he is a Gator (Booo!).

It looks like you had a great day for a game!!!

4 Amanda (Eating Up) October 17, 2010 at 9:29 pm

What a fun fall weekend day! The game looks like fun and the food looks great! Mmm WF pizza!
Amanda (Eating Up) recently posted..A Sweet Shout Out to Apple Holler

5 Exercise and Eat October 17, 2010 at 9:30 pm

This has been a bad football weekend! But yes, alumni and NFL seats are so much better!
Exercise and Eat recently posted..Sunday Night &gt Saturday Night

6 Cate October 17, 2010 at 9:31 pm

Honeycrisp apples are my absolute favorite! They are the perfect apple in my opinion.
I am not sick of the pumpkin talk. It is just so good and is only around this time of year so I say talk and eat it up! I think I am going to have to look for that pumpkin ice cream too – looks tasty!
Cate recently posted..WDW Half Marathon Training- Week Two – Switching Days

7 Runeatrepeat October 17, 2010 at 9:32 pm

I wish I could have tweeted my splits. I thought LB was a “big” race, guess not. Seriously they only allowed 2 people to get text messages tracking me.

I am hunting down pumpkin ice cream asap.

And I agree that we need to run together to push each other!
Runeatrepeat recently posted..Four Minutes Away

8 Heather October 17, 2010 at 9:34 pm

I saw that ice cream on Bobbi’s blog too, must go find!!!
SO jealous of the game. we were at the Saints game in the dome last year when TB won at the end. I was so bummed as a HUGE saints fan, but I was happy today. What a pretty day though!
Heather recently posted..Pictures from Run for Life Half Marathon

9 Coco October 17, 2010 at 9:37 pm

Nooooo! Pumpkin 4-eva! I need to go find that ice cream ๐Ÿ™‚
Coco recently posted..5k and a new PR

10 Faith @ lovelyascharged October 17, 2010 at 9:38 pm

Oh my gosh Meghann, I can’t believe you were there too! I was there today crying for our poor boys as well! From the looks of your photos, I think I was sitting in almost the same spot but on the other side of the stadium…how crazy!!!
Faith @ lovelyascharged recently posted..Lazy Southern Stew

11 Sana October 17, 2010 at 9:46 pm

You are prolly the best gf ever! Football and steak and potatoes! We all need to take tips!
Sana recently posted..Just in Case

12 Amy October 17, 2010 at 9:49 pm

Pumpkin ice cream!

brb going to Kroger …
Amy recently posted..saturday best

13 Emily October 17, 2010 at 9:50 pm

I saw a commercial for DQ’s pumpkin “mini” blizzard today – I feel like your ice cream is a MUCH better alternative! Grocery store, here I come ๐Ÿ™‚
Emily recently posted..My Happy Place

14 Hope October 17, 2010 at 10:05 pm

Cool the game looked like fun!

Pumpkin icecream?! All I can say is Wow
Hope recently posted..Tagged!

15 jenna October 17, 2010 at 10:06 pm

OMG! woah…is all i have to say!
first up…that whole foods pizza! with gruyere, ham and APPLE SLICES?! what, i have never heard of that but sounds sooo good ๐Ÿ™‚
and loving the pumpkin iceee cream!
jenna
jenna recently posted..My weekend at home!

16 Allie October 17, 2010 at 10:32 pm

Pumpkin is the best ๐Ÿ™‚ Everything looks DELICIOUS and honey crisp apples are the best!

17 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday October 17, 2010 at 10:35 pm

I hate football. Can’t wait until the season is over.

But being at a college game IS fun.
Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday recently posted..Superhero Balls

18 Natalya (Deliciously Suite) October 17, 2010 at 10:46 pm

I too also have a love for all things pumpkin. There are others out there like us. I promise.

19 Tabitha (From Single to Married) October 17, 2010 at 10:51 pm

I don’t even care for football (gasp) but it still looks like fun!

20 Lisa (bakebikeblog) October 17, 2010 at 11:23 pm

What a wonderful day in the sun!
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..Time to roll

21 Jessica @ The Process of Healing October 18, 2010 at 12:07 am

Sick of pumpkin?! What? What is this thing you speak of..
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Bloggie Swap

22 Katie October 18, 2010 at 12:25 am

Ohhh the jealousy! I have been craving the Edy’s pumpkin ice cream for almost a year now. I devoured way too many cartons last year, and I have a feeling that it will be in my grocery cart sometime in the very near future…mmmm!
Katie recently posted..Off the grid- plus a feature!

23 Sarah-Mae @ Eat, Run, Knit October 18, 2010 at 1:44 am

I have yet to find a food blogger who isn’t still loving the pumpkin. I still have two sugar pumpkins decorating my foyer to dig into, a pumpkin to go u-pick and then carve with my boyfriend’s little brother, and oh so many recipes to make featuring PUMPKIN PUMPKIN PUMPKIN!!!

24 Lauren October 18, 2010 at 6:52 am

Great day for a game! You look great in your get up! ๐Ÿ™‚

Haha, please don’t apologize for the pumpkin obsession. I can definitely relate and appreciate it. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Lauren recently posted..Walkers for Knockers

25 melissa (fitnessnyc) October 18, 2010 at 8:27 am

So true about the jerseys and sports gear. Frank told me he wants to glue my yankee hat to my head! Yesterday, I was wearing the giants jersey he bought me and he and his roommate launched into a discussion about how the only thing better than watching football was watching it with your girlfriend wearing the teams jersey. crazy.
melissa (fitnessnyc) recently posted..Fall Foliage 5K

26 Becks October 18, 2010 at 12:52 pm

Hi, I’ve been following your blog for a few months now and it took a honeycrisp apple to ‘delurk’ me.

I love apples – so much variety – and honeycrisp would probably be my favorite.

I wish the weather was still as warm and sunny in Canada as it is there!
Becks recently posted..Hats off to cabling