Six Miles

by Meghann on October 16, 2010

A week ago today I was preparing to run the Chicago Marathon and this morning I ran six miles.

They were good miles though. I felt strong. I felt fast. And I felt like training for another marathon 8 weeks from now isn’t going to be a big deal at all.

Ok, I lied.

It is going to be a big deal. But, I know with the right plan it won’t be as big of a deal as it could be. πŸ˜‰

I’m currently fine tuning that plan right now and hope to have the final version ready for the blog on Monday.

Pumpkin was on my mind this morning.

I found the mecca of cans of pumpkin at my Publix yesterday afternoon. I bought.. umm… 8 cans worth – what? I like pumpkin! – and plan to enjoy every drop of those cans over the next few weeks. πŸ™‚

In the smoothie mix:

• 1/2 cup Pumpkin
  • 1/2 cup Vanilla Yogurt
  • Ice
  • Pumpkin Spice
  • Honey
  • Peanut Flour
  • Almond Milk

Toppings:

• Chopped Dates
  • Butternut Squash Muffin

I spy with my little eyes….

Someone wanted to try my breakfast as much as I did.

Missed her!

That same someone STUNK and was in desperate need of a bath. Does anyone else’s dogs immediately start running in circles and rubbing themselves on what ever they can get a hold of after a bath?

IMG_3121.JPG IMG_3122.JPG IMG_3123.JPG IMG_3124.JPG IMG_3125.JPG

All better

Ok, enough Maddie photos.

I’m heading to Tampa today to hang out with the boy. We have some serious Football cheering to get to.

GO NOLES!

1 Claire October 16, 2010 at 9:54 am

Everyone is stocking up on pumpkin..there better still be some when I run to the store this weekend! have fun with the boy!
Claire recently posted..good bars vs bad bars

2 Laura October 16, 2010 at 10:24 am

Haha, I had 16 cans of pumpkin at one point. I think I may be down to a dozen now.

My dog does that too after a bath! That happens after he runs around the house like crazy – several times.

3 Dana October 16, 2010 at 10:31 am

I love pumpkin too! I lived down near Clearwater at some point and they NEVER had pumpkin anywhere around there. Every time I went to a grocery store they said there was a shortage!! UGH so glad tis the season again πŸ˜‰

Dana xo
Dana recently posted..Food- Exercise- and Fashion

4 Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) October 16, 2010 at 10:38 am

adorable pictures.

what percentage of canned pumpkin nationwide is bought by food bloggers? just a thought…
Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) recently posted..TIA- Home Improvement

5 kelly October 16, 2010 at 10:39 am

haha, yes. My dog, Gibson, does the same thing! He goes crazy after a bath, trying to rub his whole body on every piece of fabric in the house and then zooming around to air dry πŸ™‚
kelly recently posted..Bed Sleeper

6 Krystina (Organically Me) October 16, 2010 at 10:58 am

I’m kind of sick of pumpkin now. πŸ™ I think we need a trial separation so I can fully appreciate it again. Glad you have your puppy back!

7 RunningOnCoffee October 16, 2010 at 10:59 am

love the picture of the spoon and Maddie’s nose πŸ™‚
RunningOnCoffee recently posted..ifitness neoprene double pouch- First Impressions

8 Michelle (The Runner's Plate) October 16, 2010 at 11:07 am

Wow, you recovered well from your marathon! I still couldn’t run one mile a week later!
Michelle (The Runner’s Plate) recently posted..On My Way to a Six-Pack

9 Anna S. @ History Running Girl October 16, 2010 at 11:16 am

I occasionally give my cats baths (they are white so they look dirty!). They freak out. I basically just reserve myself to the idea that they will get the entire house wet!
Anna S. @ History Running Girl recently posted..Flashback Fridays

10 mary October 16, 2010 at 11:17 am

I love pumpkin too! It just seems so expensive here in NC right now.
mary recently posted..Weird

11 Mara @ What's For Dinner? October 16, 2010 at 11:24 am

Our dog does the circles thing… she’s 90 lbs so its super hilarious!!
Mara @ What’s For Dinner? recently posted..Cute Food Saturday!

12 Cynthia Crowsen October 16, 2010 at 11:27 am

Our dogs do that all the time. It is there way of leaving their scent everywhere. Peanut rolls on her back and wiggles back and forth πŸ™‚

13 Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagels October 16, 2010 at 11:29 am

I’m a huge pumpkin lover too so when I see a TON of cans at my store, you know I’m stocking up! πŸ™‚ Have a great day Meghann!
Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagels recently posted..Foodbuzz Festival 2010!

14 Kath Younger October 16, 2010 at 11:35 am

8 cans? Pshaw.
Kath Younger recently posted..The Orange Army

15 Dione October 16, 2010 at 11:51 am

My puppy girl does the same thing after a bath!

16 Jessica @ The Process of Healing October 16, 2010 at 11:52 am

That sounds delicious!
Our dog used to do the same thing.. it was so funny!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..The Rest Day That Wasn’t

17 Becky October 16, 2010 at 11:52 am

Cute photos of Maddie! I was wondering if you are still planning on writing a post about your menstrual issues? I think I remember you saying after the MC article came out that you would write about it. I know it’s incredibly personal, so it’s obviously your decision, but I think a lot of us would be interested in your experiences and could benefit from hearing another woman’s perspective on this, since it does happen to many women.

18 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine October 16, 2010 at 12:00 pm

I bought five cans last time I was at the grocery store, then realized that my kitchen doesn’t have the capacity to store that much. Boo πŸ™ I guess I just have to make more frequent trips…

Hope you have a great weekend!

19 Kelsey October 16, 2010 at 12:03 pm

My westie does the same thing. He runs around the house like crazy, doing pivot turns on his face trying to get dry. He kind of makes a snorting noise too. Super funny.

20 thetreadmilldiaries October 16, 2010 at 12:11 pm

My dogs Maya and Rufus immediately try to get their stink back on after grooming or baths. It’s like they can’t stand to smell that purdy. They roll around outside in anything that’s gross. But they’re so cute I can’t help but love ’em. I’m sure you feel the same way about Maddie.
thetreadmilldiaries recently posted..I’m Inspired Are You

21 Kristina @ spabettie October 16, 2010 at 12:36 pm

Basil FLIPS OUT after his bath… runs around the house SO fast, and rubs all over the carpet. Its cute. πŸ™‚

love the photo with the pup nose!
Kristina @ spabettie recently posted..Vegan Organic Truffle Promo

22 Alyssa October 16, 2010 at 12:47 pm

oh yeah, ALL dogs do that πŸ™‚

23 Michele October 16, 2010 at 1:07 pm

Punk-n, our beagle, did the same things, around and around and around, and rub, rub, rub, around some more and FINALLY settled down – so fun to watch!!!

24 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat October 16, 2010 at 1:10 pm

It’s quite amazing how fast you’ve recovered already from your marathon. After my half marathon, I could barely run 2 miles without being in pain for about a week and a half after!
Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat recently posted..The Cold That Never Ends

25 Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 16, 2010 at 1:31 pm

What a cute dog! : ) What marathon are you going to start training for?

26 Dynamics October 16, 2010 at 1:49 pm

All my dogs do that after a bath. I have had a couple of dogs that love to butt tuck after their baths.

I just have to say it, or rather type it… I HATE PUMPKIN. Ha Ha

27 Jen October 16, 2010 at 2:03 pm

This is the 3rd blog I’ve read today about pumpkin storing LOL! Maybe I should stock up πŸ™‚ My Mom’s dog Maddie does the same thing as your dog as soon as she is bathed, it’s hilarious!

Jen
Jen recently posted..6 Months

28 Heather October 16, 2010 at 3:04 pm

haha my dogs di the same thing. well, one does. The other just runs in circles around the couch making noises…
Heather recently posted..14 Miles and a Party

29 sweeter salt October 16, 2010 at 3:06 pm

I actually went out of state to buy a stash of pumpkin! I found a butt load of it when I was visiting family in NH stocked up!

My dog just goes NUTS when he gets a bath. Runs in circles, rolls around, barks, etc. I think it is definitely a small dog thing!

Laura

30 Jessica@tastyandtrim October 16, 2010 at 3:11 pm

I know what you mean, I stocked up on pumpkin when I saw it too! My dog does the exact same thing – baths make him go nuts! Have fun with the boy πŸ™‚
Jessica@tastyandtrim recently posted..The Usual

31 Cynthia October 16, 2010 at 3:18 pm

I just bought 5 cans of Pumpkin at Publix. I needed to stock up! Love the pics of Maddie. My dog does the same thing. She is cute, but insane when she gets out of the bed. She starts trying to rub against EVERYTHING. And it can take a while for her to dry, so if we let her she would be doing that for hours. πŸ™‚
Cynthia recently posted..Whole Foods vs Trader Joe’s

32 April B. October 16, 2010 at 4:11 pm

I ran a 5k today (wasn’t trying to set any records – just representing our local run club). My pace felt good and was just a little slower than race pace for that distance, but I wouldn’t say it felt easy. Hoping to run about 6 tomorrow…happy CM recovery!
April B. recently posted..100403

33 Anita October 16, 2010 at 4:12 pm

Pumpkin was on my mind this morning as well. I made pumpkin oatmeal topped with almond butter, agave syrup, chia seeds and I crumbled up one of my homemade pumpkin muffins. Later today I am making pumpkin granola bars!!

34 Erica October 16, 2010 at 6:44 pm

You will do great with your training, I’m sure of it! You’re a pro now!!! Did you buy the publix pumpkin? I bought a can! I was so excited to see it- Publix has great generic brand stuff. It is impossible to be away from your puppy. We have to leave Frank for a couple days soon and I am already sad about. Cute pics. Enjoy the rest of your weekend
Erica recently posted..E- Weekend &amp Oktoberfest Preview

35 Kelly @ KellyBWell October 16, 2010 at 7:02 pm

LOL My dog does the rubbing thing too — and she insists on doing it ALL OVER MY FURNITURE! AHHH! Couch, loveseat, bed, bed in the guest room….there’s no stopping her! LOL
Kelly @ KellyBWell recently posted..True Story

36 Cara October 16, 2010 at 7:35 pm

both of my dogs do that! their noses go everywhere! hahaha.
Cara recently posted..A Girls Night Out

37 Emily October 17, 2010 at 12:08 am

I GO TO FSU!! GO NOLES is right πŸ™‚

38 Brooke October 17, 2010 at 9:20 am

my dogs LOVE pumpkin! this time of year, i put a scoop on top of their dry food in the morning when i’m putting some in my oatmeal. i just can’t take the sad puppy eyes if i don’t.

also, my dogs do that after a bath too. i have a shih tzu and a bichon/terrier mix. because of the longer hair, it takes them forever to dry. so, i shut them in the bathroom with towels all over the floor (to rub on of course) and blow dry them. it’s quite a production but it saves my couch and beds from smelling like wet doggie shampoo. πŸ™‚

39 Caroline October 18, 2010 at 7:37 am

My JR does that after a bath too! The other two dogs I’ve had never did any such thing. It’s totally hysterical.