Photos from the ‘rents

by Meghann on October 15, 2010

When I came home last night I had approximately 8 things in my fridge.

• Vanilla Yogurt
  • Cantaloupe <— Breakfast
  • Kale
  • Carrots
  • Blue Cheese
  • Almond Milk
  • Eggs
  • One Apple

Luckily I was able to take 4 of those things and pack a lunch for work today. 🙂

IMG_2955

I massaged the kale with some balsamic vinegar and olive oil then topped it with blue cheese, carrots, and chopped dates.

IMG_2959

A simple, easy salad that was surprisingly filling. My body thanked me for all the lovely nutrients it was getting from the kale. 🙂

With the salad I packed some Sweet Potato Chips (forget the brand, but it was BOGO at Publix last week).

IMG_2962

And an Apple that I didn’t end up eating.

IMG_2963

IMG_2965

Earlier I had some mixed nuts as a snack.

IMG_2952

What the ‘Rents have been up to…

While I was in Chicago – and then in Myrtle Beach – my parents were vacationing with my Aunt & Uncle in Tennessee. My Mom has been updating Facebook regularly with a gazillion photos of their trip (Love you Mom!), so I thought it would be fun to share a few with you. Just looking at these photos screams FALL to me and immediately makes me want to go put on some flannel and go out and carve a pumpkin… or at least make pumpkin pie. 😉

Happy Fall!

1 Katherine October 15, 2010 at 1:34 pm

hahah what does one do when one is in a corn tub??

2 Geneviève October 15, 2010 at 2:56 pm

I am also curious as to what a “corn tub” is… lol

3 Dad October 15, 2010 at 4:38 pm

The corn thb was feed corn about 18″ thick and when we walked up thier was kids playing in it when they left well CORN FIGHT . Thier was allso a Corn Maze , A maze made out of a corn field about 2 acers worth . O’yea Appels are in season , we made Apple Butter and canned about 6 jars . I eat a appel right off of a tree I picked myself they had 13 different types of appel trees thier .no way !! WAYYYYY!!! Love My Little Girl

4 katie October 15, 2010 at 1:41 pm

i grew up in new england and now live in LA, so i always miss fall when im away from it. love pumpkin carving and wool socks!
katie recently posted..New Shoes!

5 Andrea (@ Puppy Dog Tales) October 15, 2010 at 1:53 pm

Awwww…your parents are so cute! That corn tub looks awesome. haha!
Andrea (@ Puppy Dog Tales) recently posted..To Run or Not To Run…

6 Leah October 15, 2010 at 1:57 pm

None of the pics from the second half of the post came through for me. Damn work web-blockers!
Leah recently posted..This &amp That

7 Stefanie @TheNewHealthy October 15, 2010 at 2:42 pm

Making a good meal with minimal ingredients is always hard, but you were successful!! Your ‘rents are so cute! 🙂
Stefanie @TheNewHealthy recently posted..No coke over here…

8 Laura @ Backstage Pass October 15, 2010 at 2:59 pm

LOL – the Corn Tub. Your parents remind me of mine, now that they are empty nesters they keep hanging out with friends and relatives more, and doing really fun stuff (without inviting me!). Haha!
Laura @ Backstage Pass recently posted..Dinner in 1- 2- 3

9 sarah B October 15, 2010 at 3:04 pm

Awww… you’re parents look like they’re having so much fun! I want a corn tub. Not too sure what it is, but I could use one in my life.
sarah B recently posted..Time to Wrap it up

10 Hope October 15, 2010 at 3:24 pm

I love the ‘bottom of the fridge’ meals! It reminds me of some kind of Masterchef challenge!
The pics are cool, love the one of the guys drinking coffee on the deck – what an absolutely stunning view!
Hope recently posted..The power of No

11 Sarah for Real October 15, 2010 at 3:26 pm

Did they stay at the same resort as Caitlin and her husband did a while back? Looks incredible!

12 Jillian @ Reshape Your Life October 15, 2010 at 8:57 pm

I was thinking the same thing! I wonder if it was.
Jillian @ Reshape Your Life recently posted..Greetings!!

13 Rebecca October 15, 2010 at 3:36 pm

the corn tub photo is the best! You will have to update us to tell us what he was doing in the corn tub… lol

14 Thetreadmilldiaries October 15, 2010 at 4:04 pm

Great fall pics from Tennessee. Looks like your family is having a blast.
Thetreadmilldiaries recently posted..I’m Inspired Are You

15 Marina October 15, 2010 at 4:13 pm

corn tub? sounds like fun lol
Marina recently posted..cold&crappy- all in one

16 samantha @ bikini birthday October 15, 2010 at 8:41 pm

what on earth is a corn tub?

17 Tabitha (From Single to Married) October 15, 2010 at 9:04 pm

Your parents are so cute! And thank goodness it’s fall, so glad it’s finally here!
Tabitha (From Single to Married) recently posted..Leonardo Is a Stud

18 Emily [Emilyeatsclean] October 15, 2010 at 10:43 pm

Your parents were in my neck of the woods!! Did they in Pigeon Forge at all on their trip?
Emily [Emilyeatsclean] recently posted..Dear Emily

19 Halley (Blunder Consruction) October 15, 2010 at 11:24 pm

Yea, Corn Tub is a new notion for me. It’s like a ball pit, for farm folk? I like it! Can’t get enough of the fall love.
Halley (Blunder Consruction) recently posted..Finally Friday