Long time no see

by Meghann on October 15, 2010

Good Morning, Desk!

IMG_2947

Long time no see! 🙂

After a solid week out, it felt weird coming into the office this morning (especially since it’s only for a day). Most of my co-workers are out (it’s out busy season, which means lots of people to see and things to do), so it’s me all on my lonesome in my teen tiny cube. Luckily, I have a TON to catch up on and am appreciative of the quiet time I’m currently experiencing. 🙂

Last night I had a package waiting for me in my mailbox.

IMG_2933

I had won a batch of Cynthia’s Butternut Squash Muffins in Rebecca’s Charity Online Bake Sale the other week and was excited to come home to a box of butternut-ty goodness.

IMG_2938

IMG_2940

The box also contained a mystery jam. I wonder what it could be? 😉

IMG_2942

The muffins ended up being a great addition to my breakfast this morning.

IMG_2931

Breakfast bowl:

• 1/2 cup Kashi Puffs
  • 1/2 cup Greenwise Flakes
  • Vanilla Yogurt
  • Cantaloupe
  • Chopped Dates
  • Crumbled Butternut Squash Muffin

IMG_2928

I missed normal breakfasts. This was just lovely.

IMG_2925

You guys should be happy to hear I took my car to the shop this morning for new tires. Woop Woop! I’m the biggest procrastinator, so this was a big step for me. While there my little echo will also be having his oil changed and a new alignment. He should be returned me good as new. 🙂

1 Kelly October 15, 2010 at 10:42 am

I think paying for car repairs are my least favorite bill, awful. I always wait until the last possible minute also.
Kelly recently posted..Rainy Days and Tuesday’s Bring Me Down

2 Amanda (Eating Up) October 15, 2010 at 10:45 am

I love coming back home after traveling, and you’ve been gone a long time so I imagine the feeling is even sweeter! Have a good Friday!
Amanda (Eating Up) recently posted..Save Up- Amazon’s Subscribe &amp Save

3 Tabitha (From Single to Married) October 15, 2010 at 10:46 am

I love winning stuff… it rarely happens, but is always such a nice surprise when it does. 🙂
Tabitha (From Single to Married) recently posted..Leonardo Is a Stud

4 Jessica@tastyandtrim October 15, 2010 at 10:57 am

There’s no better feeling than coming home after you’ve been away! I am going home this weekend from school and I cannot wait to sleep in my own bed 🙂 That breakfast bowl looks delicious!
Jessica@tastyandtrim recently posted..Predictable Eats

5 Anna @ History Running Girl October 15, 2010 at 11:16 am

The worst part about coming back to work is the massive amount of emails. I don’t check my work computer when I’m gone. I need to remember to unsubscribe to some of the list servs.

I can’t wait to see pictures of Maddie tonight!

6 Leah October 15, 2010 at 11:36 am

It’s funny to me to hear a car referred to as a “He”. For some reason, I’ve always thought of cars as girls. My babies. 🙂

7 sweetersalt October 15, 2010 at 11:55 am

I totally take advantage of my car working well. It never seems to have issues, except for recently I had a $400 bill. I was like, “WHAT?! I have to do something to my car?” Ugh, not fun, but necessary I suppose.

Laura
sweetersalt recently posted..Black and Gold and Tan all over

8 Biz October 15, 2010 at 12:00 pm

You deserve some quiet time after the week you’ve had! 😀

9 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday October 15, 2010 at 12:00 pm

Tires are expensive but usually a necessity at 100,000km or so. At least down in FL you don’t need to worry about having a set of winter tires to switch out every year.
Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday recently posted..Happy Thanksgiving!

10 Kaitlyn (College Girl Runs) October 15, 2010 at 12:17 pm

That breakfast bowl looks great! That mystery jam is soo cute 🙂
Kaitlyn (College Girl Runs) recently posted..The Taper Blues

11 Lauren October 15, 2010 at 12:27 pm

Haha, “I love normal breakfasts.” It’s so funny you say this because I’m sure to 99% of people, this would be considered the most unusual breakfast they’ve ever heard of, but for people like us, it’s entirely normal! 😉 I mean really, who doesn’t eat nut butter in their cheerios and milk?

12 Michelle (The Runner's Plate) October 15, 2010 at 12:30 pm

I always like getting back to cooking/baking in my own kitchen (and healthy eating) after being gone from home.
Michelle (The Runner’s Plate) recently posted..On My Way to a Six-Pack

13 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun October 15, 2010 at 1:15 pm

I love when I have peace and quiet to get things done. It really makes such a difference. Have a great rest of your Friday! 🙂
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..most common fitness mistakes

14 Jessica @ The Process of Healing October 15, 2010 at 1:17 pm

The muffin sounds delicious! I love muffins in yogurt messes 🙂
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..The Rest Day That Wasn’t

15 Morgan @ Life After Bagels October 15, 2010 at 1:31 pm

Pretty sure I need to bake squash muffins on the ASAP . . . I just made my first batch of pumpkin muffins a week ago and they were amazing. I put maple syrup in them, mmmmmmmMMMMMMM!

16 Morgan @ Life After Bagels October 15, 2010 at 1:32 pm

Oh yeah wait – what IS that mystery jam exactly, I must know, I hate secrets 🙂
Morgan @ Life After Bagels recently posted..Connectober Interview- Ted Rubin

17 Shanna, like Banana October 15, 2010 at 1:40 pm

OOO where can we get that awesome muffin recipe?
Shanna, like Banana recently posted..Winner winner chicken dinner

18 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine October 15, 2010 at 2:23 pm

It’s so nice to come home after a long time away. Even though traveling is fun, there’s nothing like the feel of your own bed!!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Pumpkin-Peanut Parfait and Vegan Lasagna

19 Cynthia Crowsen October 15, 2010 at 9:57 pm

The flavor of the mystery jam is under the pretty fabric 🙂

Glad you enjoyed the muffins. I love getting back to routine and eating what is normal to me.

20 Aja October 16, 2010 at 3:23 am

That breakfast bowl looks yummy…never had butternut squash muffins they sound tastey