Eating My Way Home

by Meghann on October 14, 2010

Guess what?? I’m back in Orlando!!

Woo hoo!!!

Awww… home sweet home. Love it!

Thankfully the afternoon activities flew by a little faster than the morning ones. We talked, we mingled, we got the heck out of dodge.

I had an apple while we packed up the booth.

And a package of nuts I found in the bottom of the bag on my way to the airport.

Fun Fact: I flew U.S. Airways to Myrtle Beach and haven’t used this particular bag since August. Who knows how long those peanuts had been in there. Ha!

Small airport = no long lines and plenty of time to kill before the flight.

Enter: Airport Bar

I had a Sam Adam’s Octoberfest while bonding with my co-workers.

IMG_3156.jpg

While we were bonding I read the Marie Claire article aloud to my co-workers. It was interesting to hear their feedback from an outsider’s perspective. These people have no interest in my blog what-so-ever, but interact with me on a daily basis in and around the office. They know the ‘real life’ Meghann who is picky about what she eats, but is constantly putting food in her mouth and is always happy to talk about her latest race or cooking adventure. They don’t see the exercised obsessed person the article painted a portrait of. They just see me.

In the end they basically said ‘screw them’ and moved on to the next topic. The article wasn’t even worth their time to discuss or my time to worry about it. I like that train of thought. πŸ™‚

My first flight was short (only 45 minutes) and the second just a tad longer (hour and a half). I had another layover in Charlotte and managed to pick up a burrito for dinner on my second flight.

It was one of those build your own burrito places. I went the vegetarian route and had rice, beans, grilled veggies, salsa, lettuce, tomato, and cheese.

It was ok. About as good as airport food is gonna get I guess.

Mini Snickers for dessert.

The plan to get Maddie tonight back fired. πŸ™ I was too tired once my flight landed to drive to my parents’ house. The new plan is to pick her up tomorrow after work. I miss my puppy so much! I can’t wait to see her beautiful face once again.

I <3 Maddie!

Alright, I need my bed.

Good Night!

1 melissa (fitnessnyc) October 14, 2010 at 10:23 pm

welcome home. good night!
melissa (fitnessnyc) recently posted..Fall Fitness for Him

2 Liz @ LBBakes October 14, 2010 at 10:24 pm

Aw, I’d miss my puppy if I were you too! I actually haven’t gotten a dog yet because I travel too often. Would love to hear about what you do to tackle those issues!
Liz @ LBBakes recently posted..Chobanify Your Recipes Giveaway!

3 Hope October 14, 2010 at 10:29 pm

Aargh!! That picture of Maddie just melted my heart!! Gosh, she has such a gorgeous face!
Hubby and I are looking to get a dog one day, but have to decide whether we go dog then kids, or kids then dog…I like to have a plan!
Hope recently posted..The power of No

4 Michelle (The Runner's Plate) October 14, 2010 at 10:45 pm

That’s interesting to hear how your coworkers reacted to the Marie Claire article.
Michelle (The Runner’s Plate) recently posted..On My Way to a Six-Pack

5 Heather October 14, 2010 at 10:50 pm

Welcome home – it must be so nice to be home again! I hope you can relax for a few days.

I can only imagine how much you miss Maddie – can’t wait for some new pics tomorrow!
Heather recently posted..Ooozing

6 Emily [Emilyeatsclean] October 14, 2010 at 10:51 pm

I think we all pretty have the “screw them” attitude after reading that ridiculous article! Glad you made it home safely.
Emily [Emilyeatsclean] recently posted..Dear Emily

7 Courtney Moore October 14, 2010 at 11:03 pm

Hey! I was just wondering what kind of apples you buy? Are you partial to a particular kind?
Courtney Moore recently posted..Lara- Kind- Wellness bars

8 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat October 15, 2010 at 12:04 am

Awwww! I am so happy that you and Maddie will be reunited πŸ™‚ I go crazy without my kittens for so long!

9 Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) October 15, 2010 at 2:23 am

Great attitude that your coworkers had about the article… its funny how HUGE something like that can explode in one of your worlds (i.e. the blogosphere) but then huge chunks of “real life” are completely untouched. Good to keep things in perspective. The people who know the real you are the ones who matter most!
Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) recently posted..TIA- Home Improvement

10 maria @ Chasing the Now October 15, 2010 at 6:44 am

I can only imagine how much you miss your little pup while you are away. Good thing you know she’s receiving star treatment from your folks. πŸ˜€
maria @ Chasing the Now recently posted..Dropping in to check in

11 Lauren October 15, 2010 at 6:45 am

Glad you are back home safely. Now get some rest and stay home with your little love tonight. πŸ™‚
Lauren recently posted..Hartford Weekend Away

12 Jo @ Seeking Healthy Balance October 15, 2010 at 7:05 am

Aww bet you are missing Maddie loads πŸ™ Really interesting to hear the reaction of people in your real life to the article – like you say, it makes no difference to them or how they see you!
Jo @ Seeking Healthy Balance recently posted..Chilli Nachos

13 Tabitha (From Single to Married) October 15, 2010 at 7:13 am

I don’t blame you – she’s a cutie! Welcome back home…
Tabitha (From Single to Married) recently posted..Leonardo Is a Stud

14 Cailin @ Stir Crazy October 15, 2010 at 7:16 am

Home sweet home…. there’s nothing like it! Now you can look forward to picking up Maddie today πŸ™‚

15 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday October 15, 2010 at 8:19 am

Oh a Sam Adams bar? Awesome.
Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday recently posted..Happy Thanksgiving!

16 Kelly October 15, 2010 at 9:16 am

I love airport bars, haha.
Kelly recently posted..Rainy Days and Tuesday’s Bring Me Down

17 marisa October 15, 2010 at 10:06 am

I just can’t get enought of Maddie. πŸ™‚

18 Mallory October 15, 2010 at 10:44 am

bet your glad to be back in FL!!! i live n Mississippi, so i knwo how nice it STILL is down here as we approach the end of October!!!

ive been to that sam adams bar at the airport too lol. and charlotte, didnt find to much interesting there haha
Mallory recently posted..Understand Recovery

19 Corey @ The Runner's Cookie October 15, 2010 at 10:59 am

It must feel good to get home after all that traveling! I find it really interesting to get opinions from people on topics that they aren’t very familiar with – I think the removal from the content gives them a unique and helpful perspective.

20 Sana October 16, 2010 at 2:53 pm

I can’t eat a burrito anywhere else but Chipotle!
Sana recently posted..Twelve Hours