Official Race Photos

by Meghann on October 13, 2010

Good Morning!

IMAG0254.jpg

Beautiful, no?

My alarm was set for 6:30 this morning, but I had to keep hitting sleep until the sun finally rose just after 7:00 this morning. Darn. Don’t you just hate it when you are forced to sleep in? πŸ˜‰

I HAD to wait for the sun to rise because I was dying to get a run in on the beach and running in the dark in an area I’m not familiar with just isn’t my style. So, once the sun was up I grabbed my running gear and was out the door.

My legs felt good, but no good enough to break any speed records or anything. I kept it slow at a 10 minute pace and completed 3 miles in just under 30 minutes. The sand was nice and compacted on the surface – I might as well have been running on a dirt road. The views were also fantastic. I loved having the beach to myself while most people were already on their way to work or still in bed.

After the 3 miles I headed to the hotel restaurant and enjoyed the decently priced breakfast buffet.

IMAG0255.jpg

$9.95? That works! Especially when you figured the two things I wanted to order (bowl of oatmeal and a bowl of fruit) would have been $12.95 total on their own.

Fruit + Granola

IMAG0256.jpg

Oatmeal + Peanut Butter

IMAG0257.jpg

All together

IMAG0258.jpg

I can’t believe I’ve turned into the person to order oatmeal, but lately it has actually sounded appealing to me, so I’ve been going for it. It’s not like I haven’t changed my mind on things I’ve liked before. It really makes me think twice when ever I say I will never like something – never say never I guess.

Official Race Photos!

The Official Chicago Marathon Photos went up last night and, as per usual, I do not have a good one in the bunch. Bummer. (Ok, the photos aren’t bad, just not great enough to make me want to spend $14.95 on one . πŸ˜‰ )

Screen shot 2010-10-12 at 9.19.25 PM.png

Screen shot 2010-10-12 at 9.21.55 PM.png

The Chinatown one has potential, maybe if my eyes were actually open and I didn’t look like I was on the bring of collapsing on the photographer. πŸ˜‰

Screen shot 2010-10-13 at 8.59.31 AM.png

Screen shot 2010-10-12 at 9.23.01 PM.png

Screen shot 2010-10-12 at 9.23.55 PM.png

And this is about as close as Kelly and I got to a snapshot of our epic finish.

Screen shot 2010-10-12 at 9.20.48 PM.png

Sooo close! It just needs to be a little to the right and remove the guy in the front. πŸ™‚

Screen shot 2010-10-12 at 9.26.00 PM.png

Oh well…. our own memory will have to be enough. πŸ™‚

Screen shot 2010-10-12 at 9.18.31 PM.png

Screen shot 2010-10-12 at 9.18.58 PM.png

Off to work I go!

1 Caitlin October 13, 2010 at 9:22 am

i think race pics are funnier the more horrendous they are!
Caitlin recently posted..Carolina Girls

2 Leah @ Simply Fabulous October 13, 2010 at 9:28 am

“The Official Chicago Marathon Photos went up last night and, as per usual, I do not have a good one in the bunch. Bummer.”

Maybe we are looking at different pictures but I think you have a lot of good ones in the bunch!
Leah @ Simply Fabulous recently posted..Family Pictures

3 Shannon @ Freshman Yr of Life October 13, 2010 at 9:36 am

Those are flattering photos! When I played basketball in college I swear there wasn’t one good picture of me taken in 4 years πŸ™
Shannon @ Freshman Yr of Life recently posted..Back to Reality

4 melissa (fitnessnyc) October 13, 2010 at 9:37 am

great photos! can’t believe you ran today! amazing.
melissa (fitnessnyc) recently posted..Staten Island Half Marathon

5 Amanda (Eating Up) October 13, 2010 at 9:40 am

I’m so jealous you ran along a beach today! And I change my mind all the time about what foods I do and don’t like. I like it when I realize I like something…gives me more options and opens me up to a whole new world of food!
Amanda (Eating Up) recently posted..Save Up- Amazon’s Subscribe &amp Save

6 betsy October 13, 2010 at 9:44 am

How did you save these?
betsy recently posted..Touching down in Chicago

7 Meghann October 13, 2010 at 9:45 am

I clicked on like I was going to buy it to make it bigger then did a print screen shot and cut the photo out. πŸ™‚

8 betsy October 13, 2010 at 9:46 am

ah, thank you!

some of mine are funny, I need to copy them.
betsy recently posted..Touching down in Chicago

9 Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers October 13, 2010 at 9:47 am

aw you look cute! i would probably cry if i saw pictures of myself during a marathon! i’m sure i’d look like death! πŸ™‚
Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers recently posted..Tomboy

10 Kelly October 13, 2010 at 9:52 am

I think if you have pretty race pics you aren’t running hard enough πŸ˜‰ haha. They’re not terrible though!
Kelly recently posted..Rainy Days and Tuesday’s Bring Me Down

11 Alison (Ali on the Run) October 13, 2010 at 11:23 am

Haha, great point! My pictures always come out gross and sweaty. Guess that means I’m pushing hard enough!
Alison (Ali on the Run) recently posted..8 Hours- and It Felt So Good

12 Andrea (@ Puppy Dog Tales) October 13, 2010 at 9:53 am

Great pics…you look so strong the entire time. I would HATE to see what my race pics would look like through a marathon. ha!
Andrea (@ Puppy Dog Tales) recently posted..All Time Favorite Cookies!

13 jenna October 13, 2010 at 10:01 am

I was so bummed with my race pics. The sun must have been in my eyes the whole time because I eyes are pretty much closed in every pic or I look like I am in severe pain…..not cute. Oh well, another reason for the next marathon!

14 Katie @ Healthy Heddleston October 13, 2010 at 10:11 am

I think you have lots of options to chose from if you wanted to buy one — they’re great Meghann! Once again, congrats!
Katie @ Healthy Heddleston recently posted..Friday Fondue

15 Emily [email protected] October 13, 2010 at 10:12 am

Congrats, again!! You all are so amazing – what a fantastic accomplishment. Running a marathon is DEFINITELY on my “must do” list.

ps – THANK YOU for bidding on my cupcakes! I shipped them out to you this morning. I had to make them a little less-fancy for transport, but hopefully they make it in once piece and taste fabulous!

Thanks for being such a great inspiration <3

16 Biz October 13, 2010 at 10:14 am

It’s hard to justify spending the $$ when I think your personal pics were better!

Glad you got a run in – and for the record, a 10 minute mile is sprinting to me πŸ˜€
Biz recently posted..Perfect Scalloped Potatoes

17 Tabitha (From Single to Married) October 13, 2010 at 10:17 am

What great pictures! An amazing event, for sure…
Tabitha (From Single to Married) recently posted..Leonardo Is a Stud

18 Laura October 13, 2010 at 10:25 am

I think the photos look great!
Your run along the beach sounds so nice. I won’t get to Florida until March and can’t wait to do the same.
Laura recently posted..Dinner in 1- 2- 3

19 Lizz @ Leading the Good Life October 13, 2010 at 10:31 am

I got super lucky during my first marathon and had some decent photos. I didn’t have anyone on the sidelines to take pictures of me, so I’m really glad in retrospect! That is one day I hope to never forget. My parents ordered a 3-pic collage + finishining time poster as a gift and I just LOVE it!
Lizz @ Leading the Good Life recently posted..Digging Through The Cupboards

20 RunningOnCoffee October 13, 2010 at 10:49 am

I love oatmeal! Though mostly in the fall to late winter time frame. I make it at home a lot, and add lots of delicious things like nut butters or flax seed or dried cranberries. Since I make it at home, I don’t usually order it while I’m out. I know it’s different for you since you’re traveling right now – but if I’m at a restaurant for breakfast it’s usually a rare occurence and a treat and I’ll get some kind of fancy omelet or something awful for me I’d never make at home like eggs benedict.
RunningOnCoffee recently posted..ifitness neoprene double pouch- First Impressions

21 Kt October 13, 2010 at 11:01 am

I think you look fantastic in the second one!

22 Alison (Ali on the Run) October 13, 2010 at 11:22 am

Aw, I think your race photos are really cute! I love the way you wore your hair. Very adorable.

When you run on the beach, do you run barefoot or with sneakers? I’m always tempted to try it when I travel, but I’m not really sure what the best way to go about doing so is. Would love some tips!
Alison (Ali on the Run) recently posted..8 Hours- and It Felt So Good

23 Anna @ Doing Good & Living Well October 13, 2010 at 11:25 am

A morning run by the water sounds wonderful. Also sounding wonderful, being able to run so quickly that a 10 minute mile is slow. Ha ha, another comment above mentioned it — but I STRIVE for a 10 minute mile. I suppose practice makes perfect (or better)…
Anna @ Doing Good & Living Well recently posted..Lurking on my camera

24 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat October 13, 2010 at 11:38 am

Your race pics look awesome!! I only have two from my half-marathon and in both of them, I look either really pissed or annoyed. Here’s hoping I get some better ones in my next race!
Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat recently posted..So Sleepy

25 Melissa @ Running with Needles October 13, 2010 at 11:54 am

I think those pictures are all pretty great! My race photos always look like I’m going to die or something. I have not yet mastered the looking-good-while-running thing like you girls have.

26 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday October 13, 2010 at 12:00 pm

I love the 4th one! I think it’s great.
Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday recently posted..Happy Thanksgiving!

27 Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 13, 2010 at 12:11 pm

I think the pics turned out great!
Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life recently posted..Back at it in the Gym

28 Erin October 13, 2010 at 12:17 pm

Keep checking back throughout the week to see if they add any new finish line photos. There are NONE of me crossing the finish line up yet and when I emailed MarathonFoto they said they were still identifying and uploading photos. So, fingers crossed they find a better one of you guys at the finish.
Erin recently posted..Chicago Marathon Race Report

29 Lauren October 13, 2010 at 12:30 pm

Running on the beach first thing in the mornings is the best feeling in the world! Glad you got a chance to rest a bit and hope you enjoy the day! πŸ™‚
Lauren recently posted..Hartford Weekend Away

30 Lisa October 13, 2010 at 12:53 pm

AWESOME race photos!!! Those should be framed!
Lisa recently posted..I’ll Take a Case of Wine Please

31 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun October 13, 2010 at 12:54 pm

Love seeing the photos. And running on the beach sounds like such a peaceful day. I can’t believe the cost of oatmeal and fruit alone. Why would anyone not get the buffet?
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..most common fitness mistakes

32 Smash @ Appreciate The Now October 13, 2010 at 2:16 pm

You got some good ones in there! Again, so proud of you!
Smash @ Appreciate The Now recently posted..Sweets For My Sweetie

33 Sana October 13, 2010 at 2:26 pm

I think your race pics are awesome! You made the effort to smile πŸ™‚
Sana recently posted..All This World Needs is Some Love –

34 Heather October 13, 2010 at 4:26 pm

race photos frustrate me so badly sometimes! I have been known to purposfuly hold back until no one is around or sprint ahead to be in a elarning for good pics. whats a few seconds, right?
Heather recently posted..I Heart Mexican Food