Streeeeetch

by Meghann on October 12, 2010

Good Morning!

Welcome to Tuesday everyone! I would love to say this is the start of a very relaxing week, but sadly this is not the case. Instead of heading to my desk this afternoon I will be boarding another plane and will be on my way to Myrtle Beach for a work thing.

Yep, another plane, another trip. Get used to it! After this trip I have two more before settling in to the month of November. 😉

Anyways, since my plane leaves this afternoon, I’m working from home this morning and re-packing my lovely suitcase I had just emptied last night. Fun stuff.

I did manage to get a good stretch in my legs though! I would have LOVED to have found a way to get to my yoga studio for a much needed class, but instead only had time for a quick session right here in my living room.

With a little help of my twitter friends I downloaded the Yoga for Runners pose guide from YogaDownload.com and created my own flow. I threw in a few poses the guide was missing (Happy Baby, Shoulder Stand, Frog Pose, etc.) and ended up doing a great 45 minute practice that left my legs feeling loose and stretched.

After my yoga flow I made a big bowl of cereal.

• 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean
  • 1/2 cup Greenwise Flax Flakes
  • 1/2 cup Kix
  • Vanilla Yogurt
  • Chopped Dates
  • Cantaloupe

Catching up with Chicago Marathon Friends

The recaps are up – Check them out!!

Did you run a race this past weekend? Leave your recap in the comments so I can check it out!! 🙂

1 Kelly October 12, 2010 at 9:11 am

You are one busy lady, but Myrtle Beach is glorious this time of year. My mom just got back on Sunday night!
Kelly recently posted..Rainy Days and Tuesday’s Bring Me Down

2 Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin October 12, 2010 at 9:12 am

Good luck getting repacked and ready to travel again! I travel about 6 times a year for work and for me, that’s just enough. 🙂
Beth @ Beth’s Journey to Thin recently posted..And the Winner Is…

3 melissa (fitnessnyc) October 12, 2010 at 9:14 am

Thanks for posting the links! My parents are heading the MB for vacation tomorrow.
melissa (fitnessnyc) recently posted..Staten Island Half Marathon

4 Amanda October 12, 2010 at 9:15 am

I’m so jealous of your cereal bowl today! I reallllly need to find the time to go grocery shopping. Have a safe trip!
Amanda recently posted..Save Up- Amazon’s Subscribe &amp Save

5 Sarah October 12, 2010 at 9:15 am

Thanks for posting links to more Chicago Marathon recaps. I’m really enjoying reading all of them!
Sarah recently posted..Remember to Let Her Into Your Heart…

6 skinnyrunner October 12, 2010 at 9:45 am

portland marathon. wet.
skinnyrunner recently posted..The weekend- part 2- the carbo load

7 Kathryn October 12, 2010 at 9:49 am

would you rather have wet or hot? I ran twin cites a few years back and it was POURING the whole time. While I obviously wasn’t sweating my butt off I could barely see!!
Kathryn recently posted..The day after

8 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday October 12, 2010 at 10:34 am

I’d prefer Hot.

I don’t think I could deal with running a long distance and being soaking wet.
Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday recently posted..Happy Thanksgiving!

9 Kathryn October 12, 2010 at 9:47 am

Who’s up for another one???
Kathryn recently posted..The day after

10 AceRunn October 12, 2010 at 9:57 am

you are a woman on the GO! I am jealous of your amazing fruit selection there in FL, we are already making our way out of melon season here….boo! Oh Well Bring on the apples! I raced this weekend, my first 5k!
Aquivieneelsol.blogspot.com

11 Heather October 12, 2010 at 10:00 am

yes I did! the Run for Life half marathon. here is my recap:
Heather recently posted..Open House

12 Lee October 12, 2010 at 10:11 am

thanks for the links. I love reading people’s recaps. No race this past weekend for me, but I’m running a 15K on Saturday.

13 Jessica October 12, 2010 at 10:13 am

I am sad you are coming soooooo close to me……but still to far….
Have fun in MB!!!

14 Katie @ Healthy Heddleston October 12, 2010 at 10:15 am

I didn’t run a race but I ran my first double digit run — 11 miles!! I feel so accomplished and am just ready for my 1st half marathon to get here already!

Can I ask what you do? You seem to travel a lot, which always peeks my curiosity!
Katie @ Healthy Heddleston recently posted..Friday Fondue

15 Biz October 12, 2010 at 10:24 am

You really are a woman on the move! Safe travels as usual! 😀
Biz recently posted..Perfect Scalloped Potatoes

16 Freya October 12, 2010 at 10:28 am

Wow, so busy!!
I didn’t do an actual race, BUT I did do my first ever 20miler – my last looooong run before my own first marathon! That was pretty cool 🙂
Freya recently posted..You Can Do It – 20miles!

17 Claire October 12, 2010 at 10:40 am

Thanks for the links for recaps! I loved yours so much, I ran right after!

18 Madeline - Greens and Jeans October 12, 2010 at 10:48 am

You are such a busy bee! I ran my first marathon (twin cities) last weekend! http://greensandjeans.wordpress.com/2010/10/03/twin-cities-marathon-race-recap/ I’m debating what I want my spring marathon to be… maybe the National marathon in DC?
Madeline – Greens and Jeans recently posted..ode to the couch

19 Ashley October 12, 2010 at 10:49 am

Whew! All that traveling and running a marathon?! How do you do it?! I always suffer from jet lag, and it takes me like a week to get back on schedule. At least your trip is to Myrtle Beach! Have fun!

20 Shanna, like Banana October 12, 2010 at 10:49 am

You are a flying machine!
Shanna, like Banana recently posted..Shoes-day!

21 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat October 12, 2010 at 11:00 am

You just go-go-go!! Hopefully, you’ll get some time for fun and rest in Myrtle Beach!

I didn’t run a race this weekend, but I’ve got a half-marathon in a couple weeks!
Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat recently posted..Cool Down

22 Jen October 12, 2010 at 11:17 am

Congrats on your marathon! It was a tough day for a lot of people with the heat! I’m glad you had such a good time. I didn’t run it but I was there and my friend ran it. Here’s her link: http://www.ilaxstudio.com/blog/2010/10/11/chicago-marathon-race-report-10-10-10/

23 Theodora October 12, 2010 at 11:36 am

Hey pretty lady! I’m really sick right now and still really tired so I can’t imagine getting back on a plane. Wish you were flying to NYC 🙂 Thanks for posting my recap…miss you already! xoxo
Theodora recently posted..So What Happens AFTER You Run a Marathon

24 Brittney October 12, 2010 at 11:47 am

I’m still really excited you’re coming to my townnn 🙂 The weather had warmed up this week from last week, so I’m sure you’ll love it… especially if you plan to hit the beach at all. I on the other hand miss the cold weather. You know as well as I do we don’t get it in the south nowhere near often enough lol.

25 Lisa October 12, 2010 at 11:51 am

I loved the recap for the Chicago marathon! I bet you’re still feeling pretty good about it.
Lisa recently posted..I’ll Take a Case of Wine Please

26 Katie G (http://justrollwithitblog.blogspot.com) October 12, 2010 at 12:26 pm

Great job Meghann! I did my first century bike ride this weekend- I’m halfway through recaping it- you can read it here –> http://justrollwithitblog.blogspot.com
Katie G (http://justrollwithitblog.blogspot.com) recently posted..Seagull Century Recap Part 1

27 Katie G (http://justrollwithitblog.blogspot.com) October 12, 2010 at 12:28 pm

Go Meghann! I did my first century bike ride this weekend!! I am halfway through the recap, you can read it here! http://justrollwithitblog.blogspot.com

28 Lauren October 12, 2010 at 12:34 pm

Wow girl, you are always on the go. I’m not sure how much I would enjoy traveling as much as you do. But I bet it’s all very exciting to see new places all the time.
Lauren recently posted..Hartford Weekend Away

29 Jess S. October 12, 2010 at 1:25 pm

Ran my very first marathon in Hartford! Finished in 3:48:32 and felt great so I couldn’t be happier. Congrats on Chicago!

30 Alison (Ali on the Run) October 12, 2010 at 1:35 pm

OK so now I want to get a massage AND run a marathon! I’ve loved reading your posts leading up to Chicago and can’t wait to see what you do next!
Alison (Ali on the Run) recently posted..8 Hours- and It Felt So Good

31 Kristen October 12, 2010 at 1:45 pm

Thanks for posting the other recaps! Can’t wait to read them when I get a chance tonight! I loved both yours + Kelly’s! I ran Chicago this past weekend too (thought I would be at the meetup, but didn’t have a lot of time to sight see after going to the expo). Here is my recap: http://theconcreterunner.blogspot.com/2010/10/chicago-marathon-101010.html

32 Gavi @ GaviGetsGoing! October 12, 2010 at 1:46 pm

Hi there! I ran the Wine Country Half Marathon this weekend, and my recap is here: http://gavigetsgoing.wordpress.com/2010/10/11/my-first-half-marathon/. Congrats again on your amazing accomplishment!
Gavi @ GaviGetsGoing! recently posted..My first half marathon!

33 natalie (the sweets life) October 12, 2010 at 1:56 pm

I ran Chicago! Didn’t write an official race recap, but I talk a little bit about it here: http://www.thesweetslife.com/2010/10/caramel-apple-nut-bars.html
natalie (the sweets life) recently posted..Caramel Apple Nut Bars

34 Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 12, 2010 at 2:20 pm

I’m excited to read the posts about the recap of the race!

35 Rachel @ Fit Fun and Fabulous October 12, 2010 at 2:24 pm

I didn’t run a race….but I got engaged!!

36 Natalie October 12, 2010 at 2:28 pm

I ran a really fun 10K! The course was hilly but beautiful and I ran with a good friend so we chatted the whole time. It was great!

Congrats on Chicago 🙂
Natalie recently posted..Speedy Sweat and Spicy Soup

37 Lizzy October 12, 2010 at 3:17 pm

After reading all the race recaps especially your’s and Kelly’s i’ve teared up so much. My marathon is this sunday the 17th and i couldn’t be more excited. My sister and i are also running together, so i feel such a connection to your story! So proud you guys for finishing and doing so awesome! hopefully mine goes as well! 🙂

38 Lauren @ laurenINlawrence October 12, 2010 at 3:32 pm

I did a 10K last Saturday – it was my first race in the hilly town I’m going to law school in, and it was killer!

It was my last bit of prep before my 5th Half Marathon that I’m doing on Saturday 🙂
Lauren @ laurenINlawrence recently posted..Sue Sylvester

39 Jessica @ The Process of Healing October 12, 2010 at 4:03 pm

I can’t imagine what you must be feeling like today… stretching is your best friend!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..The Rest Day That Wasn’t

40 Erin October 12, 2010 at 4:06 pm

Oooh, I do not envy you and all your traveling! I would miss my bed too much.

I ran Chicago, too. My report is here: http://eri-thon.blogspot.com/2010/10/chicago-marathon-race-report.html
Erin recently posted..Chicago Marathon Race Report

41 Lisa (bakebikeblog) October 12, 2010 at 4:26 pm

Safe travels!!

42 amanda October 12, 2010 at 8:11 pm

you are quite the jet setter.

you’re bowl of cereal looks so tasty!

43 Ashlee (AshandLewPlus2) October 12, 2010 at 9:17 pm

I ran my first race on Sunday! I thought about your running the Chicago marathon as I was finishing up the Music City Half in Nashville! It was awesome to read about your training as I was training to run a race the same day. I am also going to be at the Foodbuzz festival and cannot wait to meet you!

Race Recap: http://ashandlewplus2.com/2010/10/11/music-city-half-2010/
Ashlee (AshandLewPlus2) recently posted..A Day to Relax

44 Smash @ Appreciate The Now October 13, 2010 at 12:13 am

Loved that you kept the cereal *real* with some Kix. Haha…
Smash @ Appreciate The Now recently posted..Sweets For My Sweetie