more ยป" />

Dinner with a Friend

by Meghann on October 7, 2010

Tonight I had dinner with one of my favorite Social Media Savvy ladies, Katy.

Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. ๐Ÿ™‚

After a week of ups and down we had a lot to discuss! From the Marie Claire drama, to work stuff (I got a raise!!!), to some exciting news about #FitBlog (Katy started the weekly chat months ago and it has exploded into a world of it’s own) we had enough to keep us chatting for hours and hours. I feel like Katy and I can chat about just about anything, we really need to make this dinner a weekly thing! ๐Ÿ™‚

We met at Park Avenue for dinner and dine at a new-to-me thai restaurant called Orchid.

The weather was absolutely stunning and it would have been a shame to not dine outside. ๐Ÿ™‚

I almost stuck with my usual “I’ll just stick with water” rule to save time and money, but the iced jasmine green tea caught my attention and I just had to order it.

IMG_2334.jpg

Not only was the tea delicious, but the straw presentation was beautiful as well.

For dinner I ordered the Chicken Pad Thai – HOT.

Umm.. it wasn’t really hot, but it still was good. Great, yummy carbs in preparation for my marathon in 4 days. Eeekkk!!!

Dessert was my last Peanut Butter Chocolate Bar.

RIP bars! You’ve been great! ๐Ÿ™‚

Almost go time…

In less than 12 hours I will be boarding the plane to CHICAGO!!! AHHH!!!!

My Sister, Sara, and Leslie are already there and it’s been fun following their adventures on twitter. I can’t wait to join them on the fun!

Katy and I were talking this evening and we thought it would be fun to come up with some sort of twitter hashtag for all the tweeters following us can keep up to date. What ever hashtag we pick I could encourage Derek to tweet our times and such. I figured there’s plenty of bloggers and twitter friends running that it would be fun to group it all together.

So what do you think? Should we pick a hashtag? Let me know if you have any idea!!

1 Liz @ LBBakes October 7, 2010 at 9:56 pm

Love the hashtag idea! If my brain weren’t out the door for the night, I’d make some suggestions ๐Ÿ™‚
Liz @ LBBakes recently posted..Candy Corn White Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 Carly (Swim, Run, Om) October 7, 2010 at 9:56 pm

Awww, @kwidrick! (Which she is always called in my mind.) I love her blog!

Do you remove the flower before sipping from the straw, or leave it on? It’s hard to tell from the pic. Either way, it’s a gorgeous presentation.
Carly (Swim, Run, Om) recently posted..Teeny eggplant

3 Kristina @ spabettie October 7, 2010 at 9:57 pm

you should totally do a hashtag… Hmm… *thinking* ๐Ÿ˜€
Kristina @ spabettie recently posted..maple donut french toast

4 Matt October 7, 2010 at 10:00 pm

How about #BlogChicago10 or something?
Matt recently posted..BBQ Cheddar Turkey Burgers

5 Tina October 7, 2010 at 10:03 pm

I love dining with other bloggers! Always so much to talk about.

Have a safe trip tomorrow. So excited for you!
Tina recently posted..living the highland life

6 Exercise and Eat October 7, 2010 at 10:06 pm

#ChiBlog101010 … maybe? LOL!

7 LoLo October 7, 2010 at 10:09 pm

YEAH!!! You will do GREAT! I can’t wait to hear ALL about it! And, p.s., I love the straw that came in your drink! Food presentation is a big deal to me =)
LoLo recently posted..Frustration

8 Evan Thomas October 7, 2010 at 10:26 pm

Hmm, what about something like #blogtorunCM10

9 Claire October 7, 2010 at 10:33 pm

I like the idea of a hashtag, others have good ones! Sounds like a pretty fun evening!
Claire recently posted..veganomicon &amp nut butter love

10 Brie @ Brie Fit October 7, 2010 at 10:39 pm

Love the hashtag idea! Let me know what you guys pick!
Brie @ Brie Fit recently posted..Three days to go!

11 breakingsilence @ Freshman -15 October 7, 2010 at 10:40 pm

I like the idea of a hashtag! I like #blogtorunCM10 or maybe #CM101010 ?
breakingsilence @ Freshman -15 recently posted..Twitter- homework- and music for yoga

12 Katy October 7, 2010 at 10:50 pm

Good Luck this weekend!!! ๐Ÿ™‚
Katy recently posted..Nail Polish Love

13 Jessica @ The Process of Healing October 7, 2010 at 11:28 pm

You absolutely should create a hashtag… for real!!
And that pad thai looks so good!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Vegetarians Beware

14 Lisa (bakebikeblog) October 8, 2010 at 12:15 am

Safe travels! And that pad thai looks wonderful!
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..River running

15 caronae October 8, 2010 at 12:28 am

That is officially the most beautiful straw I have ever seen! It has an orchid on it! Me likes. ๐Ÿ™‚
caronae recently posted..An Exhausted Pumpkin Seed

16 Jessica@tastyandtrim October 8, 2010 at 12:32 am

That peanut butter chocolate bar looks heavenly. I can’t wait to hear about how the marathon goes! You will be right by where I live in Chicago ๐Ÿ™‚ Best of luck, you’ll do great!
Jessica@tastyandtrim recently posted..Luna Giveaway!

17 Amanda October 8, 2010 at 1:02 am

You’re coming to Chicago the weekend I’m leaving it! I expect to see a LOT of marathoners when I’m at the airport tomorrow. Good luck to you all!
Amanda recently posted..Introducing Me

18 Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagels October 8, 2010 at 5:45 am

Oooh that peanut butter chocolate bar is calling my name. I love the presentation of the tea, so pretty! And the pad thai looks sooo good even though it was hot!

Have a safe flight and good luck with the marathon Meghann!
Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagels recently posted..Chocolate Gingerbread Bars

19 Lisa October 8, 2010 at 6:29 pm

I love it when restaurants have good presentation with food/drinks. It makes it more fun! There are a few restaurants in Portland that do fancy stuff like that. It’s more expensive to eat there, but it’s worth it!
Lisa recently posted..Dinner and a Live Show