Crafty

by Meghann on October 6, 2010

I got a little crafty this afternoon.

I had plans for the Chicago Marathon. Big Plans.

I was going to come up with this really great, creative idea for a shirt and have it printed well in advance so that I would be more than prepared come race day.

Umm… yeah.

Didn’t happen.

First of all, I’m not creative at all. :/

Second of all, I procrastinated and ran out of time. Yikes!

So, instead of this really cool, creative shirt that was going to make people laugh and cheer, I bought some iron on letters and went simple and easy.

I think Meghann pretty much says it all, don’t you think?

It’s times like these I’m not the biggest fan of my name. Mom, how many more letters could you have possibly fit in there?? M-E-G-H-A-N-N is just too long. It’s sad I’m not a fan of the name Meg, that would have made the process easier. πŸ™‚

The iron on letters were actually my sister’s idea. With no time and no money, they were the easiest route to go. I had never used iron letters before, but were quite pleased with how easy it was to do. Cut, Stick, Iron. Easy Peasy.

The whole process probably took an hour.

All Finished!!

So, now you know what I’ll be wearing come race day. If you see me run by, don’t be a stranger!!! πŸ™‚

Having the shirt makes it feel real. Only 4 more days!! My sister flies out tomorrow and I leave on Friday!!! Yipee!!!

This afternoon I had some popcorn to snack on.

Tonight’s dinner was simple and easy. After driving around Orlando looking for the perfect shirt and iron on letters, I wasn’t feeling like spending too much time in the kitchen. Plus, my little brother was joining me for the chow down and I knew he would enjoy this classic meal.

It doesn’t get any easier than a grilled Chicken Sausage on a piece of toast with kale, ketchup, honey mustard, and blue cheese.

I was placing the [raw] kale on my toast when I saw my little brother mimicking my moves. I warned him that he probably wouldn’t like the kale, but he ignore me – taking it more as a challenge rather than a warning. To my surprise he ate it all and didn’t complain about the taste or texture once. Looks like Im not the only weirdo on the planet who doesn’t mind raw kale. πŸ™‚

On the side I roasted up the majority of the veggies left in my fridge, which included brussel sprouts, asparagus, okra, and mushrooms.

I cleaned my plate. So did Ben.

Speaking of Ben….

I hate to admit it, but this is the real reason he came over this evening.

I’m all for being a strong, independent woman who can stand on my own and blah, blah, blah. BUT I just don’t get cars!

I had a male co-worker inform me this afternoon that my back tires were low, had dry rot, and no thread. Great. So, what do I do? I call my little brother to come and confirm and tell me exactly what to do.

IMG_2167.jpg

Yep, my tires are crap. That should be another $300 I’ll never see again. Grrr…

There is some happy news though.

I received this in my inbox this afternoon!

Screen shot 2010-10-06 at 10.06.18 PM.png

Pumpkin Pie Gelatis are back at Jeremiahs!!! WOO HOO!!! All is right in the world once again!!! The best part was the BOGO coupon attached to the above e-mail. Sweet!!

Of course, I had to take my little brother to tell him thanks for checking out my tires.

IMG_2183.jpg

Do you see it? Look closer!

PUMPKIN PIE GELATI!!!

I ate it so fast that I gave myself a brain freeze. Worth it. 100% worth it! πŸ™‚

I also heard a rumor that Menchi’s is now carrying Pumpkin Spice FroYo as well. I see a visit there in my very near future too. πŸ™‚

Now, if I can just get my hands on some big cans of Libbys.

Mmm….pumpkin… I <3 you!

1 Mara @ What's For Dinner? October 6, 2010 at 10:14 pm

LOVE the tshirt πŸ™‚ I’m a huge fan of iron-on letters and use them as often as I can.

Looking forward to meeting you this weekend!
Mara @ What’s For Dinner? recently posted..Wordless Wednesday

2 Exercise and Eat October 6, 2010 at 10:14 pm

Boys are the best in tight situations – they can always help out with man stuff… one recently saved me from listening to my fire alarm beep incessantly!
Exercise and Eat recently posted..I like it on

3 Amanda October 6, 2010 at 10:16 pm

I call my dad for car advice all the time! One time, he had to drive to help me change my tire before school…in the pouring rain! He was trying to teach me how to do it “for next time,” but I was distracted by trying to stay dry. I didn’t soak up any knowledge. :-/
Amanda recently posted..Introducing Me

4 Jae October 6, 2010 at 10:17 pm

Lol! πŸ™‚

5 Evan T October 6, 2010 at 10:17 pm

I still make my dad do everything techy when he’s around. Immnot ready to be a grown up yet πŸ™‚
Hey, you spelled your name right! Better than half your coworkers πŸ˜‰

6 Katie @ Healthy Heddleston October 6, 2010 at 10:19 pm

Super cute shirt — love the idea!

7 Heather October 6, 2010 at 10:26 pm

your rumor about menchies just made my night. AAHHH!
Heather recently posted..Light the Fire

8 Dori October 6, 2010 at 10:32 pm

Love the shirt! I wanted to make a shirt before my birthday half in March but I also procrastinated. I didn’t think about/want to deal with iron on letters, so I bought fabric markers but they ended up not working so well. I also didn’t plan ahead on getting a tech shirt I wanted to mark up, and I didn’t want to mess up my good ones. Oh well!
Dori recently posted..What I’m Doing Wrong

9 Emily [Emilyeatsclean] October 6, 2010 at 10:33 pm

Cute shirt! I like the blog advertisement on the back….I might have to borrow that idea sometime! Mmmm pumpkin pie gelati…..YUM!!
Emily [Emilyeatsclean] recently posted..It just keeps getting better…

10 Jessica @ The Process of Healing October 6, 2010 at 10:46 pm

Cute shirt!!!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Vegetarians Beware

11 maria @ Chasing the Now October 6, 2010 at 11:14 pm

I am terrible at checking my tires and keeping my car up. It’s definitely good that we don’t have a car in Japan because it’s one of my least favorite things about being an adult.

Love your shirt! Way to get creative.
maria @ Chasing the Now recently posted..What’s in a serving

12 Lily @ Lily's Health Pad October 6, 2010 at 11:17 pm

My Echo had tires problems this weekend too. Thank goodness for men.

13 Kristina @ spabettie October 6, 2010 at 11:21 pm

so awesome you used iron ons.. I LOVE those. I need to use them more – I used to all the time…

have a great race – wish I was going to be there with *everyone* else this weekend!! πŸ˜€
Kristina @ spabettie recently posted..maple donut french toast

14 Jamie @ Food in Real Life October 6, 2010 at 11:21 pm

Those pumpkin pie ices look awesome. We have Rita’s out here in Philly and I think they have one too. I was sort of skeptical about it, but after seeing yours I think I need to try it. The pumpkin pie blizzard at Dairy Queen is also TO DIE FOR!!
Jamie @ Food in Real Life recently posted..Taste the Rainbow

15 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat October 7, 2010 at 12:49 am

The shirt looks awesome–good work with those iron on letters πŸ™‚

I’ll admit, I am quite envious of that pumpkin pie gelati!
Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat recently posted..Finding Your Version of Healthy

16 Madeline - Greens and Jeans October 7, 2010 at 12:54 am

I have to buy 4 new tires tomorrow. Least fun way to drop tons of money EVER.
Madeline – Greens and Jeans recently posted..one word tuesday

17 adriana October 7, 2010 at 1:02 am

Your brother is so HOT!!! He MUST be taken, right. πŸ˜‰

18 Derek October 7, 2010 at 5:46 am

hahaha such a funny comment to wake up to about Ben. You’re a stud Benjamin!

19 Stacey (The Habit of Healthy) October 7, 2010 at 2:52 am

Cute shirt! I hope it encourages loads of people to cheer you on during the marathon.
Stacey (The Habit of Healthy) recently posted..A Look at What I’mΒ Eating

20 francesca October 7, 2010 at 3:03 am

you can tell your brother that he’s a cutie if he didn’t already know…lol!

21 Orla October 7, 2010 at 4:39 am

Love the Shirt – I did the same running in London in April and I swear I felt like a super star with everyone calling my name!!!
Re: your tyres – it is really important that they are not bald! it is one thing on your car that you need to spend money on. If your tyres are bald and it is wet (heck even if it is dry and you hit a wet part of the road) your ability to brake is compromised.
In Ireland you can get points on your licence for having a low thread on your tyre!
But I am with you on getting a boy to check them out! I can do it myself, but it is too much like hard work! πŸ™‚
Orla recently posted..I try to walk away and I crumble…

22 Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope October 7, 2010 at 5:37 am

At least you don’t have a car payment anymore, though, right? Just think of it as an extra payment?
Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope recently posted..Hey look! A post

23 Tabitha (From Single to Married) October 7, 2010 at 6:13 am

Aren’t little brothers great! Love the shirt, btw. Very creative and informative too!
Tabitha (From Single to Married) recently posted..Shameless Self Promotion and Giveaway

24 Matt October 7, 2010 at 6:25 am

Is a gelati the same thing as gelato?

25 Lauren October 7, 2010 at 6:40 am

The shirt looks great Meghann!!! I am so proud of you and I’ll be thinking of you this weekend. Rock it girl!!!!!
Lauren recently posted..Overloaded on Fitness

26 Lee October 7, 2010 at 8:01 am

Ooh, a Menchie’s opened up near me. I’m going to have to check it out to see if that rumor is true.
Lee recently posted..Go Fish

27 Laura October 7, 2010 at 8:08 am

Where is your shirt from? I know they sell that brand at Target in the workout department, but I have not tried them! Thanks!

28 Meghann October 7, 2010 at 8:48 am

It’s from target! I have three other ones just like it, so i knew it would be a good one to run in. πŸ™‚ It’s actually the same shirt I wore for the Disney marathon last january. πŸ™‚

29 Laura October 7, 2010 at 8:53 am

Awesome, thanks! I am already stopping there tonight and will check them out. I have been trying to find good(and cheaper) shirts to stock up on for long runs/races…Under Armor is starting to break my bank πŸ™‚

Good luck this weekend!!

30 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday October 7, 2010 at 8:14 am

I used to work at Canadian Tire as a service advisor so I know A LOT about tires. I’m had to change so many on my car too
Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday recently posted..Eating Animals – Review

31 Melissa @ TryingToHeal October 7, 2010 at 8:43 am

woman, do i need to come out there and teach you about car tires? cause you know I’m an expert!
Melissa @ TryingToHeal recently posted..Will Be

32 Meghann October 7, 2010 at 8:47 am

haha yep – I’m so bad!

33 Kelly October 7, 2010 at 9:02 am

Pumpkin Pie gelato?!?! Yummy!!!
Kelly recently posted..Tales of my Travels

34 rebecca lustig October 7, 2010 at 9:29 am

i dont get cars either. they are huge, scary monsters. hahaha.
rebecca lustig recently posted..blast from the past

35 greenbean October 7, 2010 at 9:32 am

not sure if someone else said this, but maybe you could put a “.” (dot) before the “com” to make it official

36 Sami October 7, 2010 at 12:21 pm

ummm hellloooO!? i loveeee raw kale. haha. see my lunch & dessert yesterday? <3 guess we're all weirdos. haha. kick butt in the marathon! xo.
Sami recently posted..Wordless Wednesday

37 Leslie October 7, 2010 at 2:09 pm

Just went after Pilates to have this thing and I LOVED it. I will blame you for this new obsession. Also, Delish Fro Yo (on Edgewater and Baldwin Park I think) has Pumpkin Spice from time to time.

38 Halley (Blunder Construction) October 7, 2010 at 4:17 pm

I think when people go to heaven, they are handed THAT EXACT GELATI! If we all love pumpkin so darn much, why don’t we eat it in such enormous quantities all year round?

39 Katie October 7, 2010 at 10:58 pm

Oh my goodness. My husband went to UCF years ago, and has been telling me about how there is an amazing gelati place there! I showed him the photos, and this is the spot he was raving about! The pumpkin pie gelati looks insanely awesome…I want to go there NOW!
Katie recently posted..A new me…