A post for Maddie just because I can

by Meghann on October 5, 2010

I miss this face.

My traveling schedule has been a little (ok, VERY) crazy this month, so it only made sense to leave her at my parents for the full three weeks instead of shuffling her back and forth for a couple days at a time.

Every night I call my Mom and am able to speak with Maddie for a few minutes at a time on the phone. I happily repeat ” Maddie…. Maddie” into the phone and she responds with “woof. woof. this” and “woof. woof. that” I like to believe she’s telling me about her day and what sort of antics her and her Uncle Scooby have been up to.

Alright, enough Maddie photos! Though, she is a cutie…

CIMG7345.JPG

Puppy Maddie! How could I resist? πŸ˜‰

This afternoon I snacked on a mini Cliff Bar. They were handing them out for free at the volunteer tent this weekend and I amy or may not have taken as many as I could fit in my apron pockets. πŸ˜‰

IMG_2053.JPG

For dinner I made a real meal – not just a thrown together bowl of random eats a la Meghann – but a full out typical American meal!

IMG_2054.JPG

My plate looks so funny when everything is all separated and not all mixed together. Odd. πŸ™‚

IMG_2059.JPG

There was protein. (baked fish)

IMG_2067.JPG

Vegetable. (roasted asparagus)

IMG_2069.JPG

Carb. ( yucca)

IMG_2072.JPG

IMG_2076.JPG

I wonder if the ice cream for dessert counts as a healthy fat?

IMG_2082.JPG

No? Darn. I knew I should have covered that yucca with some peanut butter. πŸ˜‰

New Shows

Did you hear My Generation is already canceled? I’ll admit I was exited when I first heard the concept, but the execution was awful. After 10 minutes I knew the show was doomed.

I’m currently watching Fox’s new Raising Hope and am not a fan either. It’s too ‘Fox’ for my taste if that makes sense.

Honestly, I’m not sure I’ve found a new Fall TV show to sink my teeth into yet. Unless… does Sister Wives count?!?! Hmmm…

What about you? Any new shows you can’t stop raving about?

Please share!

1 Megan @ a very meg gril October 5, 2010 at 9:26 pm

Aww I am sure Abby misses you.. I am not loving any of the new shows either.. I mean there is always GG, Glee, BL, Dancing with the Stars and One Tree HIll πŸ™‚

Sister Wives is the new show I love to hate!
Megan @ a very meg gril recently posted..Rock of Ages

2 Erin October 5, 2010 at 9:28 pm

I’m not watching any new shows but some that are new to me — I just got into Dancing With the Stars, which makes me feel very lame but it’s addicting!
Erin recently posted..Breaking the rules

3 Dori October 5, 2010 at 9:30 pm

I’m really liking Running Wilde, now that I no longer expect it to be the GOB show. I think there are some smart, clever lines if you’re listening for them.
Dori recently posted..What I’m Doing Wrong

4 Jessica October 5, 2010 at 9:31 pm

What does yucca taste like? I’ve been wanting to try a new root lately but honestly after I failed miserably with jicama I’ve been a little reluctant

5 Dione October 5, 2010 at 9:31 pm

I admit I’ve gotten sucked into “Sister Wives” too:) I generally loathe reality shows, but do admit to liking TLC ones…I also love “The Little Couple” (can’t wait til that starts next week).
I almost hate to get hooked on new shows anymore…I’ve had too many I love be cancelled on me. I still miss “Pushing Daisies” so much.

6 Lauren October 5, 2010 at 9:32 pm

My Generation is already cancelled?? I can’t say I LOVED it, but I was already drawn in. We just watched last week’s on our DVR!

7 Amanda October 5, 2010 at 9:32 pm

My Generation could have definitely been so much better. I’m only sad it was canceled because it was set in Austin, my favorite city.
Amanda recently posted..Introducing Me

8 Exercise and Eat October 5, 2010 at 9:35 pm

I kind of liked My Generation! I’m new to Tosh.O and it’s fantastic!
Exercise and Eat recently posted..Food- Travel and Memories- Sweet Red Bean Curd Dumplings

9 kristin October 5, 2010 at 11:29 pm

tosh.0 is the funniest show on tv, hands down

10 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday October 5, 2010 at 9:42 pm

Ah Maddie is too cute. I love seeing dog pictures!
Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday recently posted..Eating Animals – Review

11 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine October 5, 2010 at 9:42 pm

So Gossip Girl isn’t really a new show, but I still love it. So good πŸ™‚ Awwww I’d miss that puppy face too!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..You Know You Love Me- XOXO

12 Amanda Davis October 5, 2010 at 9:44 pm

I’ve really loved Parenthood this season
Amanda Davis recently posted..Gratitude

13 RunnignOnCoffee October 5, 2010 at 10:24 pm

I like Parenthood too!
RunnignOnCoffee recently posted..Lululemon Run- Inspire Jacket

14 Macrae October 6, 2010 at 5:22 pm

I third Parenthood!

15 mindy @ just a one girl revolution. October 5, 2010 at 9:44 pm

I’m hooked on Hellcats on the CW!
mindy @ just a one girl revolution. recently posted..i love- love- love my blogging community

16 RED October 5, 2010 at 9:46 pm

Hey, I just realized I haven’t seen Maddie in so long! I miss her cute little face!

17 Brynne October 5, 2010 at 9:53 pm

I’m definitely loving Sister Wives .. I heard they’re being investigated for polygamy, though. I mean duh – you’re doing something illegal and go on national TV? But I wonder if Kody’s *legally* married to them all, or if it’s only in the church ..
Brynne recently posted..Musical Mondays

18 Courtney October 5, 2010 at 9:54 pm

Aww Maddie!! So cute πŸ™‚

I’ve been liking Hellcats, Jersey Shore (guilty pleasure lol) and The Event… which is really weird and sort of confusing but very addictive!
Courtney recently posted..Photo Ops!

19 Mrs. Wookie October 5, 2010 at 9:54 pm

I agree – SISTER WIVES is addicting. It’s my new favorite. Right behind Glee, HIMYM, Mad Men, Modern Family, and Say Yes to the Dress.

Oh, to be a sister wife. Not really. Although I wonder I could get one to do my laundry for me. πŸ˜€
Mrs. Wookie recently posted..Less than 24 hoursthen Im old

20 RunningOnCoffee October 5, 2010 at 10:25 pm

I want to get into Mad Men! But I need to catch up on older seasons before watching what’s on now.
RunningOnCoffee recently posted..Lululemon Run- Inspire Jacket

21 Heather October 5, 2010 at 9:54 pm

I thought the same about My Generation, pretty dull. Hellcats is awesome though!

22 Lily's Health Pad October 5, 2010 at 10:04 pm

Make it or Break It! It just finished its second season, but it will be back on in January I believe.

23 Heather October 5, 2010 at 10:09 pm

Is Yuca a carb?

I am wondering how you are planning to increase your calories this week since you only have a couple days until the marathon? Are you going to pay attention to fueling more in these next 2 days or are you going to keep your meals the same?

24 Heather October 5, 2010 at 10:21 pm

oh yea, and I love Sister Wives too!!!

25 Caroline October 5, 2010 at 10:20 pm

I’m loving Sister Wives! If it counts, then it’s my favorite new show.

A season pass has been set up for both The Event and Hawaii 5-0, but that’s more for the BF. I won’t mind if either are cancelled. Looking forward to one of my favorites, Psych, returning to USA next month!

26 NC October 5, 2010 at 10:23 pm

outsourced i thought was funny!! BTW I was reminded of you and Kelly when I was watching the spirit of marathon … Hope you guys are excited… Have fun!!

27 Sarah October 5, 2010 at 10:34 pm

I’m kind of bummed over this fall’s shows too. Usually I’m a HUGE fan of Biggest Loser, but so far it seems really slow this season!

You can always turn to Grey’s Anatomy!
Sarah recently posted..Do It- Then Do It Again!

28 Lish October 5, 2010 at 10:59 pm

I haven’t found my favorite new fall show yet. I enjoy Sister Wives because that lifestyle fascinates me so much. Raising Hope is good for a few laughs, but eh, I could take it or leave it. I’m enjoying Mike & Molly, but could do without so many fat jokes all the time. I did download My Generation onto my iPod because it was free, but I guess I can delete that now. I haven’t heard anyone talking about it, so I’m not totally shocked it’s cancelled.

So far, the best contender for my favorite new fall show may just be No Ordinary Family. I wasn’t a fan of Heroes and got completely frustrated with Lost after a few seasons, but this show is a nice mix of the two so far.

29 Sara October 5, 2010 at 11:03 pm

The only new show I’m watching this season is Running Wilde, and I really like it! It’s not as good as Arrested Development, but then again, nothing is. πŸ™‚

30 Kristina @ spabettie October 5, 2010 at 11:05 pm

we’re excited about Modern Family again – SO funny… and The Event has been pretty good. I’m also watching The Next Iron Chef, because I love it!! πŸ™‚

I also love the Maddie presence… we are on vacation right now, and I think I drive Jason crazy by asking each day, “What do you think Basil is doing Right Now?” πŸ˜€
Kristina @ spabettie recently posted..maple donut french toast

31 Jessica @ The Process of Healing October 5, 2010 at 11:13 pm

It’s not new but i’m allll about my gossip girl!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Vegetarians Beware

32 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat October 5, 2010 at 11:48 pm

Oh my gosh. I don’t know how you can be away from Maddie for 3 whole weeks (although I agree–your plan does make sense). I’d be so sad without my kittens for 3 weeks. But then again, you’ve got a lot on your plate πŸ™‚
Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat recently posted..Finding Your Version of Healthy

33 brandi October 5, 2010 at 11:49 pm

Im digging Hellcats. I started watching it because i am originally from Memphis and went to the University of Memphis (the school the show is based on). But kept watching it despite the bad accents because the characters and story lines are so addictive!

I only watched the first episode of Running Wilde because I loooove Keri Russell from back in the good ole days of Felicity. But i dont like this show. Seems extremely implausible and trying too hard.

The new Law and Order: LA sucks ;( I was so excited about it because I was a faithful fan of the original. I think my expectations were just too high. They actually had a good story line for the premiere but didnt get all warm and fuzzy for either of the cops or attorneys.

34 Alyssa October 6, 2010 at 12:08 am

you have GOT to watch The Big Bang Theory (Thursday nights @ 8 on CBS) and Rules of Engagement (Monday nights @ 8 on CBS)– two BEST sitcoms since King of Queens. I’m also watching The Amazing Race sunday nights! And can’t forget Americas Next Top Model Wednesday nights! But seriously– chec out The Big Bang Theroy!!!!!!!!

ps– about the whole Marie Claire drama– that’s really sickening. I’m really sorry– I’ve been following all of your guy’s blogs for probably the past two years now and have to say that they have done nothing but help me discover this sense of liberation through health and self acceptance that i’ve never knew was possible. I guess I could see how an outsider would think that it’s obsessive taking pictures of everything you eat… but if they really followed your blogs like readers like me then they would know that it’s definitly not about unhealthy obsession or obsession at all. I have taken away so many great ideas from you, tina, jenna, and caitlin… and i can honestly say that nothing has ever negitively affected me in any way. And this is coming from someone whom deeply struggled with disorded eating and body image my whole life until about 5 years ago. Anyway, enough rambling, Marie Claire can suck my d. i don’t buy their mag anyways– that girl really sounds like she has a low self esteem and/or she is jealous– i mean who would stalk all of your guys’s blogs just to write some shit nasty article slander shit?? okay, sorry i’m getting fowl. i guess just rest assured that your loyal readers know the truth– so i really don’t give a crap what that chick thinks. pps- i am in my 3rd year of college closer to becoming an RD– and you guys are healthy as horses.

with love from seattle,
alyssa

35 Stefanie @thenewhealthy October 6, 2010 at 12:55 am

The show I’ve been raving about is True Blood! It’s not new, but it’s amazing!! As for actual new shows, I haven’t had much time yet to check any of them out!
Stefanie @thenewhealthy recently posted..Another Special Birthday in October

36 Shannon, Tropical Eats October 6, 2010 at 1:01 am

I agree with Stefanie, you MUST watch True Blood!!!!

Seriously, I need to get you hooked on this show. I went though 3 seasons in 2 weeks. You can watch em on your lappy here: http://www.free-tv-video-online.info/internet/true_blood/

Do itttttttt Meghann!!!!

PS I loved your video game! I played it for like 10 mins today
Shannon, Tropical Eats recently posted..Refocusing

37 Laura October 6, 2010 at 1:03 am

Aww, Maddie! You must miss her a lot. Hopefully you will reunite soon?
The new season of 16 & Pregnant starts next week. I find that series and Teen Mom to be very interesting, the girls are from such diverse backgrounds.
I Survived… Science of Survival is pretty great. I need to check out Sister Wives,
Laura recently posted..Pumpkin protein yogurt with pumpkin spice granola

38 Stacey (The Habit of Healthy) October 6, 2010 at 4:17 am

Aww, I bet you really miss Maddie. I think it’s cute that you speak to her on the phone. πŸ™‚
Stacey (The Habit of Healthy) recently posted..A Look at What I’mΒ Eating

39 Britney October 6, 2010 at 5:44 am

The only new show I watched was the first episode of Running Wilde – and I didn’t like it. I’m sticking to my handful of old shows this year.
Britney recently posted..Rest Tuesday

40 Lauren October 6, 2010 at 6:53 am

Awww, I know how you feel. I’ve been leaving my little guy a lot lately and I’m so sad to leave him again this weekend!! Poor thing, but I think they understand. πŸ™‚ At least you know she is getting spoiled!
Lauren recently posted..Overloaded on Fitness

41 Mwgan @ Nati Girls Run October 6, 2010 at 7:06 am

Loved that little video game!! I just played it for way too long πŸ™‚ So cute!

42 amanda October 6, 2010 at 7:17 am

oh gosh! my generation didn’t even have a chance. i was really excited for this show too…but it was NOTHING what i was expecting. i have raising hope dvr’ed…but have yet to watch. i adore keri russell…so i have high hopes. we shall see. is sister wives about the mormon lifestyle?? i love watching/reading about that kind of thing. because i totally don’t understand it!

do you watch life unexpected? it’s in the second season-but it’s cute. very typical WB…but even still. empire boardwalk, on hbo, has been getting lots of hype.
amanda recently posted..mini-vacay

43 amanda October 6, 2010 at 7:21 am

ohh…and i totally left something out. i meant to say i have running wilde dvr’ed…that’s the one with keri russell. oops. so many shows, so hard to keep up!
amanda recently posted..mini-vacay

44 Elizabeth October 6, 2010 at 9:43 am

Maddie’s such a love! πŸ™‚ I am not a huge tv-watcher (though my DVR might tell you otherwise), but I highly recommend “The Good Wife.” It’s a brilliant mix of courtroom and political drama with lots of twists. Speaking of wives… I have to admit I caught the beginning of “Sister Wives” the other day. Forget courting another wife, dude needs to get a haircut!

45 Erin October 6, 2010 at 9:50 am

The only night I can watch TV is on Tuesday and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Glee and Parenthood. Good luck this weekend!!!

46 Shanna, Like Banana October 6, 2010 at 10:14 am

I couldn’t deny that puppy face either..adorbs!

Hmm, shoes I love…sad but true, Gossip Girl. It’s my vice!
Shanna, Like Banana recently posted..Pumpkin galore at World Market…and100!

47 CarrieBeth October 6, 2010 at 10:23 am

oh my goodness! i saw sister wives the other night! it blew my mind, such an interesting/crazy life those women have. and they don’t even mind! i’m too sensitive to share my man!!

48 Bess @ Bess Be Fit October 6, 2010 at 10:35 am

I keep meaning to watch sister wives…is it on yet? I’m obsessed with TLC so I need to watch that. I’ve also been watching Dancing with the Stars just because its entertaining and I’ve caught the episodes of “No Ordinary Family” that come on before it on Tuesdays…its pretty fun and reminds me of “The Incredibles” but a little more grown up.

However, all I can say is that I miss LOST. A lot. I LOVEDDDD LOST. I don’t think anything will ever be able to replace it!! PS your puppy is so cute πŸ™‚
Bess @ Bess Be Fit recently posted..Maple Leafs

49 caitlin October 6, 2010 at 10:41 am

I actually love Raising Hope. It has a goofy sense of humor which I enjoy.

You should watch The Event. It is really good so far.

Also, Mike and Molly is cute.

50 Beth @ DiningAndDishing October 6, 2010 at 10:47 am

I didn’t watch Modern Family last season but after catching an episode on the plane I’m hooked! I am definitely tuning in religiously this year :).

51 Ali October 6, 2010 at 11:47 am

I am living the Maddie photos!! I am obsessed with The Event, it is a show that makes me think and I like that.
Ali recently posted..Just One More Hour- Pretty Please!

52 Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagels October 6, 2010 at 12:08 pm

Aww I love the photos of sweet Maddie!

I rarely watch tv but I can’t stop watching Sister Wives. It’s so fascinating and addicting!
Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagels recently posted..Chocolate Gingerbread Bars

53 Katie G October 6, 2010 at 12:43 pm

If you have HBO, Boardwalk Empire is great!! And I love Parenthood! These are my only “must watch” shows this fall….I haven’t checked out Sister Wives yet, but I heard it was good. I am interested in this Friday’s upcoming Fatal Attractions on Animal Planet though…looks juicy.
Katie G recently posted..21 Completed!

54 Sarah October 6, 2010 at 1:54 pm

I am loving Community. It cracks me up every time, and I always watch a second time on Hulu!
Sarah recently posted..One-Woman Fan Club

55 Michelle... October 6, 2010 at 2:45 pm

aww, I feel your pain :-(. I miss my kitty, Marta, so much when I go away!
Michelle… recently posted..Flat-footed

56 EL October 6, 2010 at 3:30 pm

My Mom has those plates! I keeping trying to convince her to give them to me.

57 Lacey @ Lake Life October 6, 2010 at 4:20 pm

I am trying really hard to like My Generation since I also graduated in 2000 but it’s very slow and predictable. Are they at least finishing the season?
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..Seneca Farms

58 Nikka B October 6, 2010 at 7:49 pm

My Generation is cancelled?
I wasn’t in love at first watch but I was drawn in…
I guess watching tv shows on hulu doesn’t help the ratings much πŸ™