8.5 Hours

by Meghann on October 1, 2010

My lack of sleep from the last two days finally caught up with me last night. I crashed hard at 9:00pm and didn’t budge until my alarm rang at 5:30. It was the best 8.5 hrs of sleep I’ve probably ever had.

I wasn’t in the mood to run this morning, so I created a mini-bootcamp in the living room of my combo. My 45 minute bootcamp consisted of jumping jacks, high knees, dips, push ups, sit ups, and mountain climbers. It was the perfect amount of exercise to wake my body up, but to not leave me huffing and puffing in the high altitude.

My boss and I opted out of the light continental breakfast provided by the conference in favor of a more ‘stick to your bones’ meal at the hotel cafe.

I’m not usually a fan of hot oatmeal, but for some reason it was all I wanted this morning. I ordered a large bowl with berries, raisins, and brown sugar.

Me? Hot Oatmeal? I guess there has been weirder things.

The bowl was delicious. The flax seeds and chia seeds gave the oatmeal a gelatin texture that I really enjoyed. It was exactly what I was craving without really knowing that I was craving it. πŸ™‚

I also had 1/2 of one of my boss’ blueberry pancakes.

I topped bites of the pancake with oatmeal. Great combo if you ever want to try it. πŸ™‚

Today’s my last day of conferencing. We’re finishing just before noon and have a 4:00pm flight home. It’s been fun, but I’m ready to be home. πŸ™‚

Happy Friday everyone!

1 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] October 1, 2010 at 10:34 am

Diggin’ your outfit! Happy Friday, Meghann & safe travels =]
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..So Long September

2 Mindy @ just a one girl revolution. October 1, 2010 at 10:37 am

Glad you got some sleep! H ave a safe trip home!
Mindy @ just a one girl revolution. recently posted..a pumpkin kind of day

3 Kelly October 1, 2010 at 10:40 am

cute outfit today!
Kelly recently posted..That Time Again!

4 Jessica @ The Process of Healing October 1, 2010 at 10:43 am

SUPER cute outfit!!!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Vegetarians Beware

5 Anna @ Doing Good & Living Well October 1, 2010 at 11:00 am

Love your sweater! Safe travels today.

6 kristy @ kristyruns.com October 1, 2010 at 11:03 am

The view from your window looks incredible! I wish I could wake up to that every day! Colorado here I come! πŸ™‚ …maybe one day.

45 minutes of personal bootcamp? Nice.
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..Adventure in the Woods

7 Peggy October 1, 2010 at 11:06 am

That oatmeal sounds amazing. I’ve dipped my bagel into oatmeal before–totally amazing if you peanut butter the bagel first, and have brown sugar oats….and need a massive carb bomb. SO. GOOD.
Peggy recently posted..Monday Funday Series- Beer- Sweat- and Russians

8 Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin October 1, 2010 at 11:10 am

I love the outfit! Very cute.
Beth @ Beth’s Journey to Thin recently posted..Broiled Brown Sugar Figs

9 Stephanie @ Laugh and Cook October 1, 2010 at 11:26 am

Love your outfit, girl! πŸ˜€ Have a safe trip home!

10 Marina October 1, 2010 at 11:42 am

I love your outfit!
And that view looks awesome. All that fresh air is so good, but I bet I couldn’t’ run there
Marina recently posted..self-pride

11 Stacy @student of healthy living October 1, 2010 at 12:05 pm

Love the outfit and the jewelry. Where did you get it? I struggle with finding warm clothes that are cute, and look business casual. This outfit would work perfect. Thanks for posting it πŸ™‚
Stacy @student of healthy living recently posted..Sugar Substitutes

12 Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagels October 1, 2010 at 12:10 pm

Your outfit is SOOOO cute! Have a safe trip home Meghann! πŸ™‚
Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagels recently posted..Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls

13 Lacey @ Lake Life October 1, 2010 at 12:47 pm

Sound like the mountain air really did in- but it looks worth the beautiful views!
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..Roasting in the kitchen

14 Allison October 1, 2010 at 1:27 pm

The oatmeal looks fantastic. I never start eating oatmeal until fall comes around, then I crave it all the time. Have safe flight back home!
~Allison
Fit&Fab Living
Allison recently posted..Biggest Loser Season 10- Episode 2

15 Elizabeth October 1, 2010 at 2:49 pm

I know this probably like blasphemy, but I absolutely hate warm oatmeal. No matter what flavor I just can’t seem to get past the mushy feeling in my mouth. Why must all the flavors sound so good though? Ahhh lol
Elizabeth recently posted..The Most Important Meal

16 Jen October 1, 2010 at 3:57 pm

Gorgeous view!!! Yummy oats and I would love to find a cafe with options like that around here!!

Jen
Jen recently posted..Hello October

17 Tiffany (Stuffed with Fluff) October 1, 2010 at 5:03 pm

Loving the view, and loving your outfit =)

18 Stacey (The Habit of Healthy) October 1, 2010 at 5:09 pm

Cute outfit! When I saw the menu of the breakfast place you went to I thought that if it had been me I would have ordered the oatmeal. I didn’t think you’d go for it though, you seem like more of a cereal person.
Stacey (The Habit of Healthy) recently posted..One Size Doesn’t FitΒ All

19 Laura October 1, 2010 at 5:28 pm

Love your top! Can I ask where you bought it?

20 Caitlin (EatFeats) October 1, 2010 at 6:35 pm

You must be some kind of sleepless superstar–I need 10 hours every night to function and stay healthy. I’m glad you got to catch up on sleep!
Caitlin (EatFeats) recently posted..Chugga Chugga Choo Choo!

21 Michelle (The Runner's Plate) October 1, 2010 at 7:57 pm

The pictures of Colorado really make me want to move there!
Michelle (The Runner’s Plate) recently posted..Kenai River Marathon Relay

22 Cynthia (It All Changes) October 1, 2010 at 8:22 pm

That necklace is so pretty. Where did you get it? It is such a statement piece.

23 Lauren @ laurenINlawrence October 1, 2010 at 8:57 pm

I still get thrown off when I click on your blog and it says “Meals and Miles,” because it still registers in my Google Reader under your old name….anyways – cute outfit! Glad you’re enjoying Colorado!
Lauren @ laurenINlawrence recently posted..My Buddies Ben and Jerry

24 Krystina October 1, 2010 at 9:34 pm

That oatmeal looks delish πŸ˜€
Krystina recently posted..On Top of Spaghetti- All Covered withNutritional Yeast

25 Tina October 1, 2010 at 9:36 pm

Hope you had a safe trip home!

And I love those mornings where you wake up refreshed and know you got a great sleep in.
Tina recently posted..it has never felt so good to sit

26 Samantha @ Bikini Birthday October 1, 2010 at 11:01 pm

Cute sweater vest. Love the colour on you.

27 Alexa October 4, 2010 at 11:13 am

Where did you get that vest? I LOVE vests, and of course love this one. It looks great with the necklace too!

28 Meghann October 4, 2010 at 11:18 am

I bought it a couple of year’s ago from the American Rag section in Macys πŸ™‚