I’ll have the burger, minus the burger

by Meghann on September 30, 2010

Let me introduce you to my desk for the day.

I can’t complain too bad though because right outside was this.

IMAG0221.jpg

IMAG0222 (1).jpg

IMAG0223.jpg

I’m not sure I will ever get over how beautiful it is here.

The morning conference sessions went by quickly (thanks to a couple of outside breaks thrown in there πŸ˜‰ )

For lunch they had a salad and sandwich bar set up where I was able to grab a little of this and a little of that.

IMAG0224.jpg

The talk of the lunch hour was the giant WARM cookies set out.

IMAG0225.jpg

I ate 1/2 and enjoyed every melty bite. πŸ™‚

My neighbor was pulling people in with a giant bowl of candy all afternoon.

Not just any candy either, he had the good stuff. Snickers, M&Ms, Butterfingers, Ghiradelli Chocolates, etc. he knew how to sell it right.

At some point during the afternoon he was able to sell me too with a Dark Chocolate Ghirardelli bar.

IMAG0220.jpg

I need to remember a bowl of candy for my next conference.

I’ve had a lot of down time this conference and I’ve really been enjoying it. I was able to both explore the surrounding area and was able to get a lot of work done via e-mails and phone calls. I probably got more work this afternoon working at my booth than I would of working at my desk with all the distractions.

By the time the conference ended around 4:00 I was wiped. the lack of sleep and altitude was really catching up with me. Luckily, my boss was feeling the same way and we both agreed an early dinner was a necessity.

We hopped in the rental car and headed to the nearby town of Dillion for a quick bite to eat at the recommended Red Mountain Grill.

We sat outside and took advantage of the 2 for 1 Happy Hour. I had 2 Fate Tires – one before dinner and one with dinner.

IMG_1495.jpg

We also dug into the Chips and Salsa while deciding what to order.

The menu was very meat heavy and for some reason I just wasn’t feeling the meat. Instead of settling with something I didn’t want, I took matters into my own hands and ordered the all-american burger with the works, minus the burger.

My ‘burger’ came with guacamole, cheese, onions, mushrooms, tomato, pickles, and lettuce and an order of fries.

The sandwich was so filling on it’s own that I honestly didn’t even miss the burger. It was perfect and exactly what I needed. πŸ™‚

IMG_1514.jpg

The early dinner meant we were home before the sunset. Works for me. I’m currently chilling in front of the TV with a gigantic glass of water and the new Grey’s. Life is good.

Hopefully I’ll have a better night of sleep tonight.*fingers crossed*

Good Night!

1 Nicole September 30, 2010 at 10:14 pm

Your conferences always have the best food options, healthy choices but large cookies for a little fun. I will never forget the chocolate covered soft pretzel from NOLA!

2 Jessica @ The Process of Healing September 30, 2010 at 10:14 pm

Grey’s was good tonight!!
And what a great idea of the minus the burger… never would’ve thought to ask that!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Vegetarians Beware

3 breakingsilence @ Freshman -15 September 30, 2010 at 10:31 pm

Oh, wow. That cookie looks incredible!
breakingsilence @ Freshman -15 recently posted..Avalon yoga

4 Silvia September 30, 2010 at 10:33 pm

what a cool idea! The burger without the burger!! (hopefully, they charged you half of the price)
Silvia recently posted..Madeleine Time!

5 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat September 30, 2010 at 11:20 pm

What a beautiful area! I must be the opposite of you, because I’d get NOTHING done with that view πŸ™‚
Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat recently posted..Feeding the Hunger Monster

6 Caitlin (EatFeats) September 30, 2010 at 11:24 pm

That location is beautiful! I also love ordering meaty sandwiches sans the meat. Sometimes gets a weird look, but it always tastes delicious.
Caitlin (EatFeats) recently posted..Chugga Chugga Choo Choo!

7 Cynthia (It All Changes) September 30, 2010 at 11:43 pm

I love the idea of ordering a burger without the burger. I couldn’t have imagined you trying to eat it with a meat patty on that too.

8 janetha g @ meals & moves September 30, 2010 at 11:54 pm

i have that same golla camera bag!
janetha g @ meals & moves recently posted..comments on commenting

9 Amelia September 30, 2010 at 11:55 pm

As my cousin informed me when I moved to Denver, “you are now in the meat state…just eat meat”. That’s hard to say to a girl who is used to living on the coast of SC. Hope you are enjoying your time out here. It’s beautiful!
Amelia recently posted..Back Yet Busy!

10 Christine October 1, 2010 at 12:03 am

That’s brilliant, holding the burger! Even though I eat vegetarian, I love to read the burger descriptions — sometimes the toppings sound so good!

11 Lisa (bakebikeblog) October 1, 2010 at 12:23 am

oooh it all looks so wonderful!
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..A perfect end to a busy work day

12 Lindsay Ann October 1, 2010 at 1:19 am

Oh my gosh, your non-burger looks AMAZING! Good idea, I always have a hard time finding non-meat items at restaurants like that!

13 Lauren October 1, 2010 at 7:07 am

Okay so I have an odd question. Did they charge you for the meat? I always end up ordering salads or sandwiches minus the meat and they always seem to chrage me the same amount. I always get so irritated by this. Or when they give me a hard time about NOT getting the chicken on a salad. Seriously? I always feel like saying to them, “How is this not in your favor?” πŸ™‚
Lauren recently posted..High School Visit

14 Meghann October 1, 2010 at 7:37 am

Honestly my boss paid for the meal, so i have no clue how much I was charged for the non-burger. That’s a good question though.

15 Jillian @ Reshape Your Life October 1, 2010 at 8:01 am

I have always wanted to go to Colorado. It looks GORGEOUS and everything Colorado should be!
Jillian @ Reshape Your Life recently posted..Enchanted Rock

16 Anna @ Doing Good & Living Well October 1, 2010 at 8:40 am

That is the best looking “burger” I’ve ever seen. Yum! Those Happy Hour specials are amazing too. You make me REALLY want to persuade Hubs to take our anniversary trip out in Colorado! Post more pictures! πŸ™‚

Hope you got a better night’s sleep and another beautiful day awaits you!
Anna @ Doing Good & Living Well recently posted..An October Friday

17 MaryBe October 1, 2010 at 9:27 am

Love your non burger burger! I am so copying that idea, thanks!
MaryBe recently posted..Minty Wellness Hotel and Spa – A Review

18 Michelle (The Runner's Plate) October 1, 2010 at 9:53 am

I want to go to Keystone now!! It looks gorgeous! Your no-meat burger looks really good, too!
Michelle (The Runner’s Plate) recently posted..Kenai River Marathon Relay

19 Biz October 1, 2010 at 10:13 am

Okay, I would order the burger without all that shit on it! πŸ˜€

Hope you slept well! πŸ˜€
Biz recently posted..Today is the day

20 Nic October 1, 2010 at 10:35 am

Those chips that came with your chips and salsa look homemade and amazing! Looks like a wonderful time… don’t you just hate work πŸ˜‰
Nic recently posted..Double Chocolate Thursday!

21 Kate October 1, 2010 at 11:16 am

Aww, colorado! I’m there and now I’m transplanted in Boston… really enjoyed the throwback to big mountains and Fat Tires! Dillon area is so pretty, you’ve got me craving a trip back.

22 Ali October 1, 2010 at 1:40 pm

That no burger burger sounds like a dream. Those fries look great too! I hope you got some rest πŸ™‚
Ali recently posted..In Other News Literally-

23 Clare @ Fitting It All In October 1, 2010 at 1:45 pm

That “anti burger” sounds like the perfect sandwich! I often think of doing that, and people always say “what..that’s not even food! Just toppings!” but guag + veggies = excellent and healthy combo
Clare @ Fitting It All In recently posted..I’m In Love with a Foam Roller

24 Lisa October 1, 2010 at 2:03 pm

I love October. Halloween is my favorite holiday. But that damn “fun sized” candy gets me every time!!!! I tell myself it’s not “too bad” because they are so small….except I’ll eat 10. πŸ˜›
Lisa recently posted..Make Your Own Special Occasion

25 Elizabeth October 1, 2010 at 2:57 pm

Totally agree with the other comments on how brilliant that is. Never thought to do that, but sometimes I don’t want just a salad. I’m going to have to jump on the burger sans burger band wagon.
Elizabeth recently posted..The Most Important Meal

26 Ashlee (AshandLewPlus2) October 1, 2010 at 10:05 pm

I ate at this same restaurant this summer while I was on vacation! I loved the decor and they had a pretty awesome cheese pizza!

27 RunningOnCoffee October 4, 2010 at 3:57 pm

My friends from the West rave about Fat Tire. Haven’t tried it myself yet.

I know what you mean about just not feeling in to a heavy meal when you’ve been eating out/away from home for a couple days. When my husband and I go on vacation, we end up seeking out lighter fare for a couple meals here and there to break up the huge, filling, delicious meals from restaurants. In August, when we went to St Martin, we went to the store to get stuff for a salad and some french cheese/baguette which we used for 2 lighter meals (added bonus: it was also cheaper than eating out).
RunningOnCoffee recently posted..Lululemon Run- Inspire Jacket