Airplane Blogging… again

by Meghann on September 29, 2010

Good Morning!

Please excuse the ‘I’ve been up since 4:00am’ bags under my eyes. Wearing make up has never been my strong suit. I’m much more of an ‘au natural’ girl. Take me as I am – bags and all. πŸ˜‰

Another week, another post from 30,00 ft up in the air.

How many airplane posts am I up to now? 20? 30? Who knows. But, you better get used to it. Err… I better used to to it because this is my first of FIVE back to back flights between now and November.

Oy Vey.

I’m not complaining though. Errr… not complaining much. I feel very blessed to have a job that allows me the opportunity to both travel for work and travel for fun. It’s all about give and take and I’ll take all I can get. πŸ˜‰

Anyways…. Yes, I was up super early this morning. I had a 7:00am direct fight and have a paranoid need to arrive at the airport way before what the airport typically recommends.

I was a little bummed the terminal my flight was in lacked a Starbucks – read: no Pumpkin Spice Tea Latte *sniff *sniff – so I had to make do with generic Cup of Joe Coffee shop instead.

I ordered a large Non-Fat Chai Latte.

IMG_2882.jpg

I asked for it unsweetened, but was told the chai mix came pre-sweetened. Bummer. For some one who rarely drinks anything sweet, this was a bit too much for me. I had about 1/2 before tossing it. Next time I’ll make sure to select a flight in one of Starbucks terminals. We all have our priorities, right?

I’m traveling with my boss this morning and impressed her with my expert travel skills. I’ve got this traveling thing down to a science by now after all.

First there was my ticket that the flight attendant was able to scan via my smartphone instead of a crinkled piece of paper. I love paperless boarding passes. They’re so easy. You don’t have to worry about forgetting to print the boarding pass the night before, losing the ticket before you reach your gate, and they’re so green.

Secondly, I impressed her with my pre-packed breakfast.

In the bajillion of flights I’ve been on in the last two years I’ve had a packed breakfast for each and everyone. It’s become second nature by now to prep my breakfast the night before and to just grab it from the fridge on my way out the door.

This breakfast was an extra delicious one. I discovered a new favorite sandwich combo – Almond Butter and Pumpkin!

With Granola and Raisins!

Whoa! Try it. You will love it.

And a peach to fulfill my need for fresh fruit each morning.

All enjoyed while listening to last night’s Glee soundtrack (I <3 Britney Spears!) and catching up on the latest hollywood gossip.

Let’s dissect…

I want to see this

I want to read this

Who is Crystal Bowersox??

DRAMA!

Also, I would like to point out the girl who claims to have had the alleged affair with Ashton is a year younger than Demi’s eldest daughter. Anyone else find this interesting? hmmm…

Alright, that’s it for now!

Maybe I’ll try and get some actual work done, I mean there is that recipe page I’ve been promising for ages. πŸ˜‰

See ya in Denver!

1 Katie @ Healthy Heddleston September 29, 2010 at 10:43 am

Crystal was on american idol but didn’t win. That’s all i know lol. Have a good trip!
Katie @ Healthy Heddleston recently posted..BBQ Ranch Chicken Cheese Dip

2 Kristina @ spabettie September 29, 2010 at 10:44 am

I used to travel A LOT, both for work and fun… and I LOVED it… every bit of it πŸ™‚

Safe travels!
Kristina @ spabettie recently posted..Biggest Loser

3 RhodeyGirl September 29, 2010 at 10:48 am

Have fun!

I have to say I DEFINITELY do not miss all the back and forth flying I used to do!! I do, however, miss the excuse to buy junky magazines!
RhodeyGirl recently posted..Cantina Salad

4 Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers September 29, 2010 at 10:48 am

i’ve been LOVING the pumpkin + pb combo! so, so good! enjoy your time in denver, meghann!
Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers recently posted..Overnight Barley Bowl

5 Maria @ Oh Healthy Day September 29, 2010 at 10:52 am

Have a good trip! I just recently returned from CO and I’m heading to Denver again in three weeks – so gorgeous there!

6 Tina September 29, 2010 at 10:53 am

I must make that sandwich pronto. Yummy sounding!!!

I can’t believe how much travel you have ahead of you.
Tina recently posted..it has never felt so good to sit

7 Heather September 29, 2010 at 10:57 am

Safe travels!

I am not the biggest fan of flying – I get so anxious going through security.

I also always pack my airport meal – whether that be breakfast, lunch or dinner. So much cheaper and healthier!
Heather recently posted..Trouble with the Egg

8 Kelly September 29, 2010 at 10:59 am

Have fun! My last flight there was no starbuck’s in my terminal either. Made me so sad.
Kelly recently posted..The End

9 Sarah for Real September 29, 2010 at 11:10 am

Love the paperless ticket idea! Which airline is that with?

I hate how chai mix is usually pre-sweetened. I mean, it’s TEA people, come on!

Oh, and if they ever ask if you want the sugar free version, don’t go there! It’s even sweeter but so fake. Sigh…

10 Marci September 29, 2010 at 11:16 am

That breakfast looks great! What fun food combos. I love to pack things on planes for me. Feels like a piece of home.
Marci recently posted..Moroccan Dinner and Playing with Oats

11 ashleigh September 29, 2010 at 11:18 am

I hate flying! I bet if I did it as much as you though I’d enjoy it more. I’m always soo cranky after a flight. Safe travels!
ashleigh recently posted..Groupon Weekend Part 1

12 Amanda Davis September 29, 2010 at 11:22 am

I always take pre-packed meals when I travel too. Airport food is just not good and way to expensive…much better to bring my own
Amanda Davis recently posted..Okay- Okay I’m Listening

13 Nicole September 29, 2010 at 11:30 am

Breakfast does look amazing, I’m so glad it’s pumpkin butter season! I think I will have to make some very soon πŸ™‚

14 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday September 29, 2010 at 11:49 am

A sandwich WITH granola? Holy carbs!
I think That bowersox chick was on American Idol. Not positive
Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday recently posted..You can’t tell me what to eat!

15 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine September 29, 2010 at 11:51 am

I flew home or to NYC nearly every weekend during the year I spent in Pittsburgh, and it made me such a speedy traveler. I already made sure my flight to Foodbuzz has WiFi so I can get in on the plane blogging action!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Wham- Bam- Thank You Maam

16 Ali September 29, 2010 at 11:53 am

You are an expert traveler! I am always afraid of bringing food, that it will get taken away. I guess that is silly. I should look up the restrictions. I am going to have to try the pumpkin and almond butter combo, it sounds good. I think it would be awesome with Barney Butter.

Sorry about the PSL, you will have to get one when you touch down.
Ali recently posted..National Coffee Day

17 Matt September 29, 2010 at 12:17 pm

Well you are little miss travel πŸ˜‰

Hopefully a “Mrs.” soon too…

18 Sana September 29, 2010 at 1:38 pm

Hahaahah. I like this.
Sana recently posted..Swoon for Roons

19 Lauren September 29, 2010 at 12:34 pm

Have a safe flight Meghann! πŸ™‚
Lauren recently posted..High School Visit

20 Stacey (The Habit of Healthy) September 29, 2010 at 12:36 pm

Wow, your travelling skills are impressive! I’m also impressed that you had the guts to take a picture of yourself on the plane, I don’t think I could ever do that!

I have been waiting for the new Wall Street movie to come out forever, and the hubby is dying to go, so as soon as we have a release date for it in the UK you can guarantee I’ll be there. Have a safe trip.
Stacey (The Habit of Healthy) recently posted..New Season- NewΒ Goals

21 Stacy @ Student of Healthy Living September 29, 2010 at 12:44 pm

Hope you safe travels πŸ™‚ I’m not sure if you have posted about this before, but do you have any travel tips for short trips? Say for a 3 day weekend? It’s seems that you are pretty calm about it.
Crystal Bowersox I think was one of the American Idol contestants. Not sure since I am not a huge American Idol fan, not since the day of Carrie Underwood πŸ™‚ That would be a great book to read, I am glad that you posted the pic of it!
Stacy @ Student of Healthy Living recently posted..Food Lover Secrets

22 Sana September 29, 2010 at 1:34 pm

I love that you get to travel a lot! I have gotten really good at keeping track of my belongings and traveling alone really teaches you that!
Sana recently posted..Swoon for Roons

23 Shannon @ Freshman Yr of Life September 29, 2010 at 1:40 pm

Your breakfast looks bangin!
Shannon @ Freshman Yr of Life recently posted..Reporting from Harvard

24 Jen September 29, 2010 at 1:51 pm

If you are doing a meet up in Denver let me know!

25 Katherine September 29, 2010 at 2:17 pm

You know, the few ladies that I have met over the years that do not wear makeup (or wear very little) have the best skin! I really can’t tell that you don’t wear makeup!

Another thing, have Demi and Ashton really been together for 5 years now? WOW! I haven’t read any gossip magazines in a while…must remedy that!
Katherine recently posted..Let’s Talk About Weight- Baby

26 Shanna, like Banana September 29, 2010 at 2:52 pm

I too get frustrated when my terminal doesn’t have a Starbucks. Seriously, the injustice! It throws me off when I have to order elsewhere…eeek!

27 Marina September 29, 2010 at 2:53 pm

I’m impressed how you mastered traveling.
Starbucks saved me before my flight, it really is a must on the terminal :))
Marina recently posted..clumsy eater

28 Biz September 29, 2010 at 3:25 pm

I am 15+ years older than you, and I think you’ve already flown more than me!

Have a safe trip! πŸ˜€
Biz recently posted..BSI is Back!

29 Elizabeth September 29, 2010 at 3:31 pm

So why are you allowed to bring peanut butter sandwiches, but you can’t bring a jar of peanut butter? Grrrr. I had to check my bag in for nut and pumpkin butters. I swear they have ten million little rules some of the TSA reps probably don’t even know.

30 Silvina September 29, 2010 at 4:04 pm

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps was okay. Personally, it wasn’t anything too exciting and the plot was all over the place, but still worth seeing. Of course it doesn’t even come close to touching Wall Street (the first one). Hope you have a safe trip! πŸ˜‰

31 Cynthia (It All Changes) September 29, 2010 at 4:51 pm

I love flying but have never been on a flight with wi-fi. I really need to try it πŸ™‚

32 Phoebe September 29, 2010 at 7:25 pm

I saw Wallstreet, and it was a big disappointment for me

33 Lee September 29, 2010 at 7:49 pm

I love reading those trashy magazines on airplanes. I feel justified buying them when i’m in an airport for some reason.
Lee recently posted..Real Dinners

34 Heather September 29, 2010 at 8:21 pm

crystal bowersox was this years American Idol runner up. a little odd if you ask me.
you fly ssoo much! I hate flying so I would hate your job lol!
Heather recently posted..A Day in the Country

35 Food & Other Things September 29, 2010 at 8:59 pm

I love celebrity gossip and People magazine…although I also have no idea who Crystal Bowersox is. I must be out of the tech loop because I’ve never heard of paperless boarding passes…so cool!

36 Lisa @ bakebikeblog September 29, 2010 at 9:02 pm

Safe travels!!
I am actually typing this from the airport myself πŸ™‚
Lisa @ bakebikeblog recently posted..A perfect end to a busy work day

37 Jessica @ The Process of Healing September 29, 2010 at 9:22 pm

Traveling can be stressful but I loooove it!!
Pumpkin butter is SO GOOD with nut butters!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Almost Wordless Wednesday

38 Emily [Emilyeatsclean] September 29, 2010 at 10:35 pm

It should be mandated for Starbucks to be in every airplane terminal. πŸ™‚ Love trashy magazines too!
Emily [Emilyeatsclean] recently posted..Saved by the mag

39 MegaNerd September 29, 2010 at 10:40 pm

Have fun in Denver! πŸ™‚

Ps… i have the same target sweater in dark blue! hehe

40 Rachael September 29, 2010 at 11:58 pm

I never thought I’d feel this way, but I miss the airport shuffle of my old job- I started to feel like I “knew” certain terminals! I’m pretty grounded these days, with lots of driving, but truck stops just aren’t the same.
Enjoy Denver!