more ยป" />

Twitter Fun

by Meghann on September 28, 2010

Screen shot 2010-09-28 at 7.49.53 PM.png

Screen shot 2010-09-28 at 7.51.03 PM.png

I know. We’re cruel. ๐Ÿ˜‰

By the way, are you following Derek on twitter (@nolephan06)? Well you should!

I finally got around to packing this evening.

IMG_1295.jpg

All the forecasts call for sunshine and highs in the low 70s for the rest of the week in Keystone. It should be BEAUTIFUL. Hopefully, I won’t be stuck inside the whole time.

Afternoon snack

Cucumber Slices + Hummus

As much as I tried to make dinner look pretty, I was pretty unsuccessful at achieving that

This was supposed to be my take on a potato salad of sorts. It ended up being a big mess. A tasty mess, but a big mess. ๐Ÿ™‚

Roasted brussels sprouts + roasted red potato + pumpkin seeds + hummus + veggie burger

and bread

Dessert was prettier ๐Ÿ™‚

BRITNEY SPEARS IS ON GLEE TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Must. Watch. Now. !!!!!!!

1 Kristy @ KristyRuns September 28, 2010 at 8:39 pm

It’s cool. My husband and I dated for 6.5 years before we tied the knot. Apparently, he was on the Derek plan. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Nothing wrong with taking your time.

Ugh! I wish I had a tv! ๐Ÿ™

2 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat September 28, 2010 at 8:50 pm

Don’t worry, my boyfriend and I have been dating for over 6 years and he still hasn’t popped the question. He likes keeping me on my toes too!
Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat recently posted..Pumpkin Apple Banana Streusel Bread

3 Amy September 28, 2010 at 9:08 pm

My boyfriend and I have also been dating over 6 years (with 5 of them being long distance), and probably won’t get married until I finish grad school – which will be 4 more years :)…I really don’t see the point (for me) in getting married while I’m still in my mid-20s – when i think about spending my life with someone, a few less years of marriage seem insignificant – but everyone is different!

4 Evan Thomas September 28, 2010 at 9:15 pm

C’mon, Derek, you’re all not getting younger. Pop the question!

5 Kelly September 28, 2010 at 9:26 pm

Haha glad you two enjoy joking about it.
Kelly recently posted..The End

6 Kathryn September 28, 2010 at 9:35 pm

My fiance lied to me. LIED. He gave every apology and excuse in the world as to why we wouldn’t be getting engaged for another year or more. And then he proposed a month later.
Kathryn recently posted..Super Sunday

7 Sana September 28, 2010 at 9:50 pm

I really can’t wait for your future with Derek!!!
Sana recently posted..Swoon for Roons

8 Kristen September 28, 2010 at 10:19 pm

Well I dumped my last boyfriend after 3 years b/c of no proposal, but I am in my 30’s and we had been talking about it but it just never happened. I was SO SICK of everyone asking when it was going to happen & telling me I was wasting my time, so I just took care of it and went with my gut instinct, guess I was right b/c he didn’t come crawling back!!!

I have to admit when I saw the pic of the 2 of you in front of the fountain, I thought you had an “announcement” to make. Oh well, I will keep waiting patiently…LOL ๐Ÿ™‚

9 sally kate September 28, 2010 at 10:23 pm

i live in up in the mountains of colorado- weather has been gorgeous, you will love the nice change of temperature ๐Ÿ™‚

10 Heather September 28, 2010 at 10:46 pm

No need to rush things! If it’s meant to be, it will be. I’m all for the guy taking all the action and the girl not pressuring. If he is ready, he will pop the question. Patience is a virtue! ๐Ÿ™‚

11 Lacey @ Lake Life September 29, 2010 at 9:27 pm

I second this! I would want the guy to propose in his own time without pressuring him.

12 Shannon @ Freshman Yr of Life September 28, 2010 at 11:04 pm

Brussel sprouts are my new fave veggie! Your dessert does look mighty fine.
Shannon @ Freshman Yr of Life recently posted..Reporting from Harvard

13 Monica Olivas September 28, 2010 at 11:20 pm

My IT band is super tight too ๐Ÿ™ It’s stressful to feel anything “off” before a big race.

14 angela September 29, 2010 at 2:48 am

When I didn’t catch up to my blog readings a while ago, and saw that you had so many posts up on my reader. I contemplated on deleting all of my reads, but then I thought, oh wait! what if I miss something important like an engagement to derek. I am such a dork, but true!

15 Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) September 29, 2010 at 3:14 am

Haha. Don’t worry, we’re all on our toes. ๐Ÿ™‚ but of course, what meant to be will be. And you guys sure seem to have fun with each other and that is what matters!
Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) recently posted..10 Health and Happiness Lessons I Learned On Safari

16 Matt September 29, 2010 at 6:55 am

Glee was AMAZING last night!
Matt recently posted..Galaxy Granola Giveaway Winner

17 amanda September 29, 2010 at 7:42 am

i can’t wait to watch glee! i love me some b.spears.

i’m sure when d-man decides to get down on one knee-it will be nothing but charming. until then….
amanda recently posted..thoughts

18 Derek September 29, 2010 at 8:28 am

well, this post explains the onslaught of twitter ‘new follower’ emails I got last night….and this morning =)

Thanks for following y’all

19 Nic September 29, 2010 at 9:49 am

LOVE Glee and I’m so excited to see Brit-Brit! I DVR it and watch it with a girfriend on Thursdays after our Zumba class… but this one might not be able to wait till Thursday! Please, please, please tell me it was good?!
Nic recently posted..Autumn

20 Lora September 29, 2010 at 9:50 am

I agree with Heather. Coming from a girl who constantly bugged her now fiance about popping the question, I totally regret it. I knew when it was coming, I wasn’t too surprised – it would have been a lot more special had I left it up to him and stayed out of it. Don’t be that girl!

21 rachael September 29, 2010 at 10:20 am

You and Derek are very cute. I can’t wait for an engagement story. Every time you two go away together I think, maybe . . .

I’m holding out on following Derek until the engagement happens and I see a rock shot. ๐Ÿ™‚

22 Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope September 29, 2010 at 10:21 am

No rush! If you love each other and know you will be together, I don’t think an engagement makes it anymore special than it already is. I’ve been with my boyfriend for almost 8 years! We know we’re going to get married, etc., but he’s still in school. Some people don’t get that an. It isn’t a question for us at all, it’s just a matter of timing.
Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope recently posted..A ride down memory lane

23 Kristina @ spabettie September 29, 2010 at 10:57 am

๐Ÿ˜€ it’s great you can ‘joke’ about it.

some of the “non pretty” dinners I’ve made are the TASTIEST.. I can tell this was GOOOD!
Kristina @ spabettie recently posted..Biggest Loser

24 Liz @ LBBakes September 29, 2010 at 11:11 am

I have that same little striped plate – actually have two of them!
Liz @ LBBakes recently posted..Daring Bakers September 2010- Sugar Cookies

25 Lacey @ Lake Life September 29, 2010 at 9:28 pm

Best Glee line of the night: “It’s a Britney Spears sex riot!”
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..Roasting in the kitchen