Orlando Happenings

by Meghann on September 27, 2010

You know what I like about Monday mornings?

IMG_1128

Mondays are rest mornings. Which means sleeping in, taking my time getting dressed, watching tv, and enjoying a big bowl of cereal at my leisure.

IMG_1136

Pumpkin Pie Cereal

• 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean Crunch
  • 1/2 cup Kix
  • 1/4 cup Attune Maple Nut Munch Granola
  • Plain Yogurt
  • Pumpkin
  • Pumpkin Spice
  • Raisins
  • 1/2 Apple

IMG_1137

The best is when you get a little bite of everything in each spoonful.

IMG_1143

Morning snack: Grapes + Cheese

IMG_1145

Lunch: Leftover Shrimp Gumbo

IMG_1149

I had a couple of bites of the gumbo straight from the fridge and it was just as delicious cold as it was piping hot out of the microwave. The gumbo and bread were also very filling. I felt stuffed to the max after lunch.

IMG_1155

Well… not to the max, per se, I still had room for a Dark Chocolate Gummy Bear Cup.

IMG_1167

Dark Chocolate and Gummy Bearss is definitely a DO! 😉

In case you missed it:

One fun weekend behind me and another fun week up ahead! Wednesday I leave for Keystone until Friday. Then I’ll be race volunteering and eating my way through Disney at the Food & Wine Festival next weekend.

Things to See and Do in Orlando this Fall

I’m pretty bummed that I’ll be out of town most weekends in the next couple of months because there are a lot of cool things coming to Orlando.

If you’re a local  – be sure to check out a few of these events out in my absence

1 Tina September 27, 2010 at 2:06 pm

I need to find a site or something that lets me know when more of the cool things like that go on in my area!

And my Monday mornings tend to be pretty chill too. The rest of the day…not so much.
Tina recently posted..it has never felt so good to sit

2 Meghann September 27, 2010 at 2:16 pm

These are all random events that I’ve seen pop up! I follow a lot of influential Orlando tweeters that are always tweeting about all the fun happenings in orlando!

3 Freya September 27, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Man I wish I lived in Florida..so much going on! A nd so many theme parks…alas!
Have a good afternoon 🙂
Freya recently posted..Did someone say pumpkin

4 Kelly September 27, 2010 at 2:32 pm

Have fun in Colorado! I’m jealous of all the cool places you get to go to.
Kelly recently posted..The End

5 Heather September 27, 2010 at 3:37 pm

I’m SO excited for HHN!!!!! Hubby & I are headed there for a late honeymoon. We’ll be there the week of Halloween & plan to hit HHN two nights so we can take it all in 🙂

We were there in 2008 too but Bloody Mary freaks me the heck out so I chickened out! haha It was funny to be at City Walk hearing all the screaming!

Equally excited to hit the Epcot Food & Wine Festival again at Disney!

6 kristy @ kristyruns.com September 27, 2010 at 3:39 pm

Rest mornings? What are those? 😉

And please sign me up for the chocolate gummy bear. Ok thx.
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..All Scraped Up

7 Lisa September 27, 2010 at 4:03 pm

That bowl of cereal looks delicious! I want to go whip one up right now! I love love love pumpkin themed things! =)

8 Shannon @ Freshman Yr of Life September 27, 2010 at 4:22 pm

I haven’t had a piece of fruit yet today and your apple are grapes are making me want some!!!!
Shannon @ Freshman Yr of Life recently posted..Reporting from Harvard

9 Kristina @ spabettie September 27, 2010 at 4:38 pm

Mmm, gummi bears are my vice. Adding them to dark chocolate just might be the end of me. In a GOOD way. 😀
Kristina @ spabettie recently posted..peanut butter chocolate ice cream

10 Stacey (The Habit of Healthy) September 27, 2010 at 4:45 pm

Sounds like a nice relaxed way to ease into the week. 🙂
Stacey (The Habit of Healthy) recently posted..New Season- New Goals

11 sweetersalt September 27, 2010 at 4:46 pm

I love chocolate and gummy bears! So does my parents’ pug apparently, he stole a 1/2 lb. of them and ate them in 2 minutes. Thankfully he was ok, but it gave them a scare!

Laura
sweetersalt recently posted..Check me out on the Maine Fashionista!

12 Carrie S. September 27, 2010 at 4:53 pm

I’m coming to Orlando this weekend for the Food and Wine Festival and the half-marathon! So excited!!! Just hope I can handle the warmer FL temps and get my sub-2 hour half, as it’s cooled down significantly here in Chicago (hopefully you’ll have perfect weather here for the marathon and not the frigid temps we had last year:-)) I think this is my first commet here. Love your blog Meghann!

13 allijag September 27, 2010 at 4:53 pm

You are the worst – now I’m totally at work CRAVINGGGGGGGGG chocolate gummy bears 😛

14 Matt September 27, 2010 at 4:54 pm

What is this rest morning you speak of?

15 Sana September 27, 2010 at 5:11 pm

I wish I was not in college and had time to do all the cool things that I wanted!
Sana recently posted..Swoon for Roons

16 Lisa September 27, 2010 at 5:17 pm

I wish there was a website for local events in my area too…
Lisa recently posted..Make Your Own Special Occasion

17 Susan @ Mom Swim Bike Run September 27, 2010 at 5:31 pm

I want a morning to sit around and leisurely eat my breakfast. wahhhhhhh!
Susan @ Mom Swim Bike Run recently posted..X Doesnt Mark the Spot

18 Lacey @ Lake Life September 27, 2010 at 7:49 pm

FINALLY someone else who appreciates chocolate with gummie bears. That’s always my splurge at the movie theater, and all my friends refuse to try the cute little chocolate-dipped bears.
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..Suck it Napa!

19 Lauren September 27, 2010 at 8:16 pm

Your Monday mornings sound like the perfect way to unwind from a busy weekend and start a great week. I love that you make this a tradition for yourself. Much deserved after the crazy weekends you have. 🙂
Lauren recently posted..High School Visit

20 Aggie September 27, 2010 at 8:33 pm

I’m so sorry I haven’t been by here in a while! Your site looks GREAT!!! Thanks for posting about Orlando haps…I’m going to try and hit up Veg Fest. Heard about it last year but too late.

Hope all is well with you! Your gumbo looks delish!!

21 Jamie @ Food in Real Life September 27, 2010 at 9:13 pm

If I was a gummy bear, that is how I would want to go out too.

22 Elizabeth September 27, 2010 at 9:41 pm

I want chocolate gummie bears asap!

And I love your Orlando posts! They give me so many fun ideas for things to do in Florida when I have the time and money to get away from south florida. And you get to do so many fun things you lucky girl!

23 Jessica September 28, 2010 at 6:15 am

I had no idea about the VegFest! I will definitely be driving over for that… thanks for the info! 🙂
Jessica recently posted..Sometimes even the best laid plans fail miserably