more ยป" />

Happy Birthday!

by Meghann on September 26, 2010

Happy Birthday August, September, and October Birthdays!

We like to combine as many group birthdays as possible in my family. Remember when I celebrated my February birthday in April last year? Yeah, that’s just how we roll. ๐Ÿ˜‰

If you’re a regular reader of my blog then you know I am from a BIG family. My Dad is from a family of seven sons and 5 of those sons still live in a 50 miles radius of each other. Multiply that number times two for wives, add in an average of three kids each, then add their spouses and kids (that again, all live in the area) and you’ve got yourself a party!

Today’s August, September and October birthday party alone had us celebrating 10 birthdays!

I love being from a big family and I wouldn’t have it any other way. ๐Ÿ™‚

Today celebration was hosted by my Aunt Carol and Uncle Bob. The invite e-mails had promised a feast of Paella, hot dogs, and fresh fruit. And boy did they deliver. ๐Ÿ™‚

The paella was deliciously fragrant, full of spanish spice and aroma. I loved the variety of seafood – shrimp. clams, calamari, mussels, etc – that were evident in each bite. My aunt outdid herself on this dish. It was perfect.

I served myself a generous portion of the paella as well as a variety of fruit and broccoli.

It was the perfect balanced meal. ๐Ÿ™‚

My Aunt and Uncle live on a big, beautiful piece of property with lots to see and do.

After lunch there was swimming….

IMG_0985.jpg

Hiking….

And tadpole hunting

IMG_1015.jpg

And, of course, CAKE!

Publix Cake to be exact.

Happy Birthday to You

Happy Birthday to You

Happy Birthday Travis, Mom, Jay, Grandma, Anthony, Woody, Bob, Carol, Nichole, Candice… I know I’m forgetting some people here…

Happy Birthday to You!!!

๐Ÿ™‚

My piece

I mainly ate the cake and left the frosting. I just wasn’t feeling the heavy, buttercream frosting today.

Don’t worry though. Genevieve had the icing situation under control.

My cousin Angel has the two cutest little girls. I could seriously fill up a whole memory cards on just pictures of these two.

Another successful Anderson Birthday Celebration! ๐Ÿ™‚

Being together with the family today really has me pumped for the upcoming Holidays. Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas are all just right around the corner. It’s my favorite time of the year; I just have to remember to take it all in and not let it slip by too fast. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I’ve got an AWESOME recipe to share with everyone, but that will have to wait until the morning.

Good Night!

1 Evan Thomas September 26, 2010 at 9:13 pm

Fun! We celebrated 2 birthdays yesterday(cousins + grandmom). My birthday is in late March so we always celebrate on Easter with my cousin who is mid-April. It’s fun to do so much celebrating at once ๐Ÿ™‚

2 Shannon @ Freshman Yr of Life September 26, 2010 at 9:15 pm

Too freakin’ cute!!!!! Look’s like an awesome party!
Shannon @ Freshman Yr of Life recently posted..Reporting from Harvard

3 Jessica @ The Process of Healing September 26, 2010 at 9:17 pm

Publix cake is SERIOUSLY the best!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Pumpkin Crazy

4 Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagels September 27, 2010 at 5:18 am

I’ll tell you a secret, it’s cake mix! They just add milk instead of water. ๐Ÿ™‚
Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagels recently posted..Frosted Peanut Butter Cup Brownies

5 Katie @ Healthy Heddleston September 26, 2010 at 9:19 pm

So fun! My dad is from a family of 8 and my husband’s mom is from a family of 8 too.. so on both sides there are huge get together’s like your family!
Katie @ Healthy Heddleston recently posted..Anniversary- Journey to the Falls

6 Alyssa September 26, 2010 at 9:20 pm

mmm cake! I live for frosting ๐Ÿ™‚

7 Liz @ LBBakes September 26, 2010 at 9:27 pm

Gosh, you’re lucky to have so much family nearby! My parents’ siblings are all over the US! Looks like you guys had an enjoyable afternoon.
Liz @ LBBakes recently posted..RTCP- Superstitions

8 Kristy @ KristyRuns September 26, 2010 at 9:29 pm

That looks like so much fun! I love celebrating birthdays and holidays, but my entire family lives in Florida (I’m in Atlanta). We usually figure it out though, so I get to spend a few key holidays with them. ๐Ÿ™‚

P.S. Publix cake is the best!
Kristy @ KristyRuns recently posted..All Scraped Up

9 Morgan @ Life After Bagels September 26, 2010 at 9:31 pm

I am currently eating birthday cake myself. I wish I had that many people to eat my cake because my bf is trying to eat pounds of it at a time hahah

10 Brittany September 26, 2010 at 9:31 pm

I love hearing about your big family events. They always look so fun!

11 Jae September 26, 2010 at 9:38 pm

Meghann you’re so pretty! ๐Ÿ™‚ and that paella looks TO.DIE.FOR ๐Ÿ˜€

12 Eliza September 26, 2010 at 9:40 pm

I love birthdays- mine is right around the corner and I’ve already got three different celebrations lined up!
I really enjoy reading about how close your family is, it seems like a very warm and loving crowd ๐Ÿ™‚
Eliza recently posted..the weekend in review

13 mindy @ just a one girl revolution. September 26, 2010 at 9:56 pm

Big group celebrations is how my family does it too! In August, we celebrated April through September (although it usually isn’t THAT big of a time span!). Fun times!
mindy @ just a one girl revolution. recently posted..artprizing

14 Laura September 26, 2010 at 10:20 pm

Your hair looks super cute! Don’t cut it off!

15 Cynthia (It All Changes) September 26, 2010 at 10:22 pm

My brother and I always celebrated our birthdays together as kids. He was born 1 year and 360 days after me so the 5 day difference saved my parents a cake and dinner out. Such fun days.

16 Theresa @ActiveEggplant September 26, 2010 at 10:25 pm

This post totally makes me think of my childhood! My mother is one of 13 kids (and I’m one of 28 grandkids) & we would have huge get togethers like this for holidays. Talk about a mad house! Most of us have spread out throughout the states, so the last time we had a big party with all of us was many years ago.
Theresa @ActiveEggplant recently posted..When Anxiety Attacks

17 Tina September 26, 2010 at 10:25 pm

I love big happy families. And kids eating cake. The simple pleasures are what really make life special. ๐Ÿ™‚
Tina recently posted..it has never felt so good to sit

18 Mimi September 26, 2010 at 10:33 pm

Holy Moley, Genevieve looks like a miniature you!
Mimi recently posted..Education indignation

19 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday September 26, 2010 at 10:53 pm

I love family get togethers. How fun that you have such a big and close family.
Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday recently posted..do ya think Im sexy

20 Tiffany (Stuffed With Fluff) September 26, 2010 at 10:53 pm

Yay big families! I love that you all sit and eat together. We just stand around or eat at random times.
Tiffany (Stuffed With Fluff) recently posted..Embarking on the path to a better me

21 Sana September 26, 2010 at 11:17 pm

I love your hair! The length looks amazing on you ๐Ÿ™‚
Sana recently posted..Swoon for Roons

22 Annie (Delicious Wellness) September 26, 2010 at 11:34 pm

Meghann, I know you tweeted today that you hate your hair, but I LOVE it! Just thought you should know. ๐Ÿ™‚
Annie (Delicious Wellness) recently posted..Photo Story 2

23 Marina September 27, 2010 at 1:26 am

All those big parties of your family are so amazing, it’s wonderful how you all stick together.
Marina recently posted..come here fat- but could you please avoid my legs

24 Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagels September 27, 2010 at 5:20 am

I love how you all come together to celebrate your birthdays! It looks like you all had so much fun. Happy Birthday to all of the people who had birthdays in your family!! ๐Ÿ™‚

25 Lauren September 27, 2010 at 6:50 am

Wow, you certainly do come from a big family but a big WONDERFUL family. I love reading these posts from you. It’s so heartwarming to see such a close family always celebrating and loving life. ๐Ÿ™‚
Lauren recently posted..High School Visit

26 Jean@RoastedRootsandPumpkinSpice September 27, 2010 at 2:37 pm

I’m so jealous that you have such a huge family. Looks like a really fun celebration!