Chocolate Date Night

by Meghann on September 24, 2010

Every Friday Farris and Foster’s Chocolate Factory in Baldwin Park has a Date Night event where for $25 per couple you can come, drink wine, relax, and make up to a pound of chocolate to bring home and enjoy. :)

It’s an experience I’ve been dying to try for a while and was thrilled to finally have the chance to participate in tonight!

Kelly, Anthony, Katy, Katy’s Husband Adam, Katy W, and Lucas joined Derek and I in our chocolate adventure.

The idea for the group chocolate date was actually presented months ago, but this was the first night that worked with all our calendars. Totally worth the wait if you ask me!

The instructions were easy : make chocolate and have fun!

The best part was all the chocolate creations were completely customizable by you and you were really only limited by your own creativity. There were toppings galore to choose from.

Including nuts, candies, fresh fruit, and fun fillings (they even had a pumpkin option!!).

We stuffed truffles.

IMG_0532.JPG IMG_0540.JPG

IMG_0466.jpg IMG_0470.JPG

We filled custom cups.

IMG_0478.JPG IMG_0483.JPG IMG_0486.JPG

IMG_0527.jpg IMG_0526.JPG

We sent every item imaginable down a conveyor built and through a waterfall of chocolate.

One of the guys recommended we put a marshmallow on top of a graham cracker and send it down the stream. That guy was genius. ;)

Besides the ‘smores’ we also had the choice of nutter butters, rice crispie treats, pretzel rods, carmel pools full of peanuts, and many, many more!

Can’t forget chocolate dipped strawberries!

IMG_0533.JPG IMG_0535.JPG IMG_0536.JPG

We were told not to eat what we were making, instead they had a sample tray full of various chocolate goodies for us to sample on throughout the evening.

I tried bites of 4 or 5 different chocolate covered goodies through out the evening. My favorite had to be the chocolate covered Nutter Butter!

IMG_0521.JPG IMG_0524.JPG

Derek and I ended up with just a pound of chocolate treats!

We had so much fun making chocolate with our friends! I would highly recommend this outing for any other couples out there looking for a good date night. Definitely a great treat to share with someone you’ve just started dating or someone you’ve been with for years. :)

I promise my evening wasn’t completely full of chocolate.

Before leaving work this afternoon I had some fresh cantaloupe.

Dinner was a mish mosh of food.

The star of course was a pumpkin scone with fig jam.

Hard boiled eggs for protein

and cucumber slices for a little green

Tomorrow morning I’ll be running the Miracle Miles 15k for the third year in a row.

This race holds a special place in my heart

It was..

Here’s to another year of racing!

I’ll be back tomorrow morning with a full recap!

Wish me luck!

1 Katie @ Healthy Heddleston September 24, 2010 at 10:25 pm

The chocolate adventure looks so fun! I wish there was something like that in my area! Maybe I should do some research — so cool!
Katie @ Healthy Heddleston recently posted..Anniversary- Breakfasts

2 Matt September 24, 2010 at 10:28 pm

That looks like a great time :)

Have fun tomorrow!
Matt recently posted..Sausage and Arugula Pizza

3 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) September 24, 2010 at 10:29 pm

WHAT!? These kinds of places exist? I’m moving to Orlando!
Allie (Live Laugh Eat) recently posted..Peter’s Night Off

4 Jason Sadler September 24, 2010 at 10:30 pm

Good luck in the race tomorrow. Please cook meals for me and mail them up weekly!

5 Dev September 24, 2010 at 10:38 pm

Wow – that chocolate night sure looks like fun! We’ve got nothing close to that here in Montana :-)

Have a great race tomorrow.

6 Elizabeth September 24, 2010 at 10:56 pm

That chocolate date looks like so much fun. I have got to see if there’s something like that in my area because it looks like a blast.
Elizabeth recently posted..Three Hour Tour

7 Kristy @ KristyRuns.com September 24, 2010 at 11:02 pm

Chocolate covered nut butter?!?! Sign me up! ;)

Looks like y’all had a great time. I wish there was a place like that in Atlanta.

Good luck on your race tomorrow! Whooo hooo!
Kristy @ KristyRuns.com recently posted..All Scraped Up

8 mindy @ just a one girl revolution. September 24, 2010 at 11:03 pm

Looks like y’all had a great time! What a fun place! I wish we had something like that here in Michigan!
mindy @ just a one girl revolution. recently posted..little muscles

9 Jessica @ The Process of Healing September 24, 2010 at 11:22 pm

That sounds like the most perfect date, um, EVER.
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Pumpkin Crazy

10 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] September 24, 2010 at 11:39 pm

Ummm…I’m pretty sure that is my DREAM date right there. Hello, how fun! & delicious.

P.S. You and D are A-dorable :o)
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..When Life Gives You Lemons

11 Toronto Girl West September 24, 2010 at 11:48 pm

That looks like a total blast!!!!! I secretly long for the day we buy a condo with marble or granite countertops. I plan on tempering my own chocolate! ;)

And btw you two are just the cutest!!!
Toronto Girl West recently posted..How to Celebrate your Puppy’s Birthday

12 maria @ Chasing the Now September 25, 2010 at 12:15 am

This sounds like a dream to me!
maria @ Chasing the Now recently posted..Strategies for maintaining your hard work

13 Stacey (The Habit of Healthy) September 25, 2010 at 5:09 am

Wow, that date night looks like a lot of fun!

I hope you have a great time at the 15k. I can’t wait to read all about it.
Stacey (The Habit of Healthy) recently posted..Why I Stepped on the Scales

14 Shannon @ Freshman Yr of Life September 25, 2010 at 8:36 am

That chocolate looks amazing!!!!
Shannon @ Freshman Yr of Life recently posted..Reporting from Harvard

15 Jean@RoastedRootsandPumpkinSpice September 25, 2010 at 8:47 am

MMM chocolate. What a fun date!

16 Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagels September 25, 2010 at 8:53 am

Your chocolate date night looks like so much fun and not to mention delicious!!! I love all of the chocolate treats you made. YUM!
I seriously want to slide down that conveyor belt of pure chocolate glory! :)
Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagels recently posted..Sticky Buns- Ooey Gooey Love

17 Lauren September 25, 2010 at 9:07 am

What a fun date night!! :) Any date that requires making/eating food is a no fail good time. :)

Good luck today!!!!
Lauren recently posted..High School Visit

18 Marina September 25, 2010 at 9:15 am

Amazing date night!
I wish my bf and I did this when we were in Gruyere, but we couldn’t make it in time to the chocolate factory :(
Good luck with the race!

19 Courtney Moore September 25, 2010 at 9:24 am

Holy moly! I am in chocolate HEAVEN! Why can’t they have anything like that around here?
Courtney Moore recently posted..Friday Fill-In

20 Courtney September 25, 2010 at 9:47 am

Ooooh that chocolate place looks awesome!! Glad you had fun and good luck in your race tomorrow! :)
Courtney recently posted..Banana Cake

21 Lily @ Lily's Health Pad September 25, 2010 at 10:02 am

Ummmm…WOW. If I ever go to Orlando, I’m totally going to that place!

22 kelsey@snackingsquirrel.com September 25, 2010 at 10:08 am

THIS IS SUCH A CHOCOLATE TEASE!!! i wish i was there licking up any spillls.. or at least the bowls <3 <3

23 Leah September 25, 2010 at 10:15 am

Good luck! I, myself am working up to my first 10K race in March, so you are an inspiration to me! Good luck! Blessings!

24 Jamie @ Food in Real Life September 25, 2010 at 10:56 am

That looks like a blast! Good luck in the race! I’m sure the chocolate will give you a little extra pep in your step (as if you need it!)
Jamie @ Food in Real Life recently posted..Sweet Saturday

25 Chelsea at Striking Balance September 25, 2010 at 1:19 pm

Now I am craving chocolate, and its not even lunch time yet. It’s going to be a longggg day ;)

Looks like a great date night. Glad you all had fun

26 Kristina @ spabettie September 25, 2010 at 2:33 pm

I know some restaurant owners in my area, I am SO going to try to convince them they need to do something like this!! :)
Kristina @ spabettie recently posted..peanut butter chocolate ice cream

27 Heather September 25, 2010 at 3:54 pm

OMG I am a chocoholic, and this looks AWESOME! how much fun!
Heather recently posted..Run for your life!

28 Caitlin (EatFeats) September 25, 2010 at 4:26 pm

Your blog consistently makes me want to move to Orlando.
Caitlin (EatFeats) recently posted..Living it up at the Hotel California

29 Cassie September 30, 2010 at 2:16 pm

Wow, that seems like so much fun! I love taking classes like that and doing something new-those are the best date nights!