Remember to move the wet towels into the dryer!

by Meghann on September 23, 2010

Confession: I’m out of clean towels and Derek is coming to visit again this weekend.

They’re in the washing machine not, but I have to put a reminder on here otherwise I’m afraid I’m going to just go to bed and the wet towels are going to stay put. Not good.

Remember

Remember

Remember

Move the towels into the dryer.

There. Hopefully that will sufficient enough. πŸ™‚

But, just in case – you may want to leave a comment to remind me. Multiple e-mails should help too. πŸ™‚

I had one of my favorite snacks of all time this afternoon at work.

Carrots + AB

Dinner was another favorite too

Roasted Veggies + Marinara Sauce

I roasted a sweet potato, polenta, okra, and mushrooms with some salt and pepper and oregano. The veggies were placed on top of a bed of spinach and then topped with marinara sauce, feta cheese, and fresh basil.

Hot pan + hot veggies + hungry Meghann = Ouch. Totally burnt my fingers and am now switching between icing and typing. πŸ™

Dessert was some vanilla ice cream, figs, and granola

Did anyone catch My Generation tonight? I meant to DVR it, but totally missed it. I’m going to try and catch it online tomorrow.

I really like the concept of the show – having one plan when you graduate high school and ending up somewhere completely different. I mean how many of us are exactly where we thought we would be at this time in our lives?

When I graduated high school I thought I was going to be a news reporter. Scratch that. I just was hoping to be on tv. I wanted to be what Meredith Viera is today. That didn’t work out since the college I went to didn’t have a school for journalism – hello communications! instead!

I also assumed I would be married by now and possibly have a kid or two. Back then I thought 25 was old, now I think it’s so young.

I’m glad life worked out differently than I had originally planned. Change is good. πŸ™‚

1 Kristina @ spabettie September 23, 2010 at 9:21 pm

mine has not gone as planned, but I LOVE IT !! πŸ™‚ I’m happy EXACTLY where I am…

TOWELS ! πŸ˜‰
Kristina @ spabettie recently posted..gluten free sugar cookies

2 Leah @ L4L September 23, 2010 at 9:21 pm

Change IS good. πŸ™‚ I’m happy that things are different than what my 16 year old self thought.
Leah @ L4L recently posted..Sesame-Honey Tempeh &amp Quinoa

3 Dori September 23, 2010 at 9:22 pm

Move your damn towels to the dryer.
Dori recently posted..The Long Runs

4 Jason Sadler September 23, 2010 at 9:25 pm

I want to eat your food.

5 Meghann September 23, 2010 at 10:06 pm

It is good food.

6 Lee September 23, 2010 at 9:34 pm

I have washed my sheets three times in a row because I keep forgetting them in the washer and they get stinky. Seriously, three times. This happened recently, like last week.

7 Erin September 23, 2010 at 9:40 pm

I trained for the same thing in college and wanted to be a TV broadcaster — funny how things change. At least I’m still working in news, which is what I wanted overall. πŸ™‚
Erin recently posted..It’s a cornucopia!

8 Ellie September 23, 2010 at 9:46 pm

I’m with you! Glad things are not what I wanted at 18! Crazy how it’s only been four years but life is different than I thought it would be at 22

9 Susan @ Mom Swim Bike Run September 23, 2010 at 9:54 pm

Hello McFly: Towels!!! Dryer!!! Remember?!?!
Susan @ Mom Swim Bike Run recently posted..Will Wake for Food

10 Shannon @ Freshman Yr of Life September 23, 2010 at 10:08 pm

I’m so bummed I missed that show πŸ™ It’s reassuring because I’m in that “just graduated college what do I really want to do with my life” stage and I’m nervous but I know everything will work out for the best.
Shannon @ Freshman Yr of Life recently posted..There was a TUB in the bedroom

11 Dad September 23, 2010 at 10:14 pm

Towels Towels Towels Towels , Dryer Dust Bunny, Dryer Dust Bunny

12 Meghann September 24, 2010 at 9:08 am

Thanks Dad!

13 Melissa September 23, 2010 at 10:20 pm

Ouch on the burnt hand! That’s why I keep the first aid kit in the kitchen and not the bathroom. I watched My Generation and I was honestly depressed after watching it…I’m not sure if its a keeper yet. I want to be inspired, not fretting that my life will be a complete waste in 10 years. Let me know what you think!
Melissa recently posted..Sweat it Out

14 Bria September 23, 2010 at 10:23 pm

Dietitian turned lawyer here. Can I be on that show??? :p

You never know where you’ll end up!

I also read that the brain does not fully develop until age 25 or so… which probably, at least partially, accounts for changes in ambitions, likes/dislikes, etc.
Bria recently posted..Fun in Numbers

15 Jessica @ The Process of Healing September 23, 2010 at 10:32 pm

It’s crazy how things never turn out like you expect. If someone had told me I’d be where I am now when I graduated high school, I would’ve told them they were off their rocker. Yet here I am.
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Pumpkin Crazy

16 Emily [Emilyeatsclean] September 23, 2010 at 10:34 pm

Towels Meghann….towels. πŸ˜‰ Actually thanks for the laundry reminder, I’ve got clothes in the watch that I need to switch over to the dryer. I hate laundry. I looked for figs the other day at the grocery and couldn’t find them. Depression. I’m dying to try fresh [not dried] figs!!
Emily [Emilyeatsclean] recently posted..Time for Thai

17 Anne September 23, 2010 at 10:58 pm

I’m at least in the same field as I started out, but definitely not the area I would have expected. I didn’t really discover what I wanted to study more in grad school until my senior year of college.
I also feel really old for getting married at 29 (just 5 months shy of 30). I can’t believe I’m this freaking old already.
Anne recently posted..Your Ticket to Save the Date

18 Carolyn @ lovinlosing September 23, 2010 at 11:28 pm

Haha! I’m the worst for leaving clothes in the washing machine. In fact…gotta go! πŸ™‚
Carolyn @ lovinlosing recently posted..Rollercoaster

19 Cynthia (It All Changes) September 23, 2010 at 11:41 pm

I never thought I’d be here. I went to school to teach spanish and now I’m a pastor. Big difference in some ways and not in others.

The show was a bit freaky because I realized that My Generation really is MY generation. I am the class of 2000 and it was odd to see how big things like 9/11 and ENRON shaped the characters as much as they did me.

BTW TOWELSSSSSS!! Being wet with stinky towels is no fun.

20 Mama Pea September 24, 2010 at 12:16 am

Move the towels to the dryer.
Mama Pea recently posted..Peas on Film- Peas0 VIDEO

21 Peggy September 24, 2010 at 1:11 am

I need that reminder, too. Except mine is more like, “get off your butt and go wash your towels!” since I’m home and nothing is stopping me! Sigh.
Peggy recently posted..Monday Funday Series- Tamarancho- Brats of the sausage variety- and Beer

22 Emily @ Relishments September 24, 2010 at 5:30 am

I’m turning 26 next week and, when I was a kid, I definitely thought 26 would look very different. I still haven’t had a permanent job in my desired career–teaching. Mostly though, I though 26 would feel different–I still feel more comfortable at the kiddie table than with the adults!
Emily @ Relishments recently posted..…it’s off to work I go!

23 Meghann September 24, 2010 at 9:08 am

I thought 25 would feel different too. When do I actually start feeling like an adult and less like a kid?

24 Lauren September 24, 2010 at 7:01 am

Sorry about the burnt finger. I hate when that happens. But on the other side, dinner does look delicious. One of my favorite meals is veggies and tomato sauce. No pasta needed. πŸ˜‰
Lauren recently posted..High School Visit

25 Jean@RoastedRootsandPumpkinSpice September 24, 2010 at 7:47 am

I’m definitely not where I want to be, or where I thought I would be after graduation, but I’m still working towards my dream. Hopefully I’ll get there soon!

TOWELS.

26 Lindsay @ The Ketchup Diaries September 24, 2010 at 8:44 am

Your new site looks so good. I’ve been meaning to tell you that πŸ™‚

27 Jamie @ Food in Real Life September 24, 2010 at 9:11 am

MOVE THE TOWELS! πŸ™‚

I washed a huge load of dishtowels and rags the other day and forgot about them. Not good.
Jamie @ Food in Real Life recently posted..Drill Baby Drill

28 Kate September 24, 2010 at 9:12 am

I can’t wait to watch My Generation…partly because I’m an extra on the 2nd episode!! πŸ™‚
Kate recently posted..When will this week be over!

29 Meghann September 24, 2010 at 9:16 am

COOL!!!!

30 marie September 24, 2010 at 10:41 am

I set the kitchen timer to help me remember to do things like moving the towels to the dryer.

31 Lisa September 24, 2010 at 1:27 pm

I HATE when I forget to put stuff in the dryer!!!
Lisa recently posted..A Work in Progress

32 jane September 24, 2010 at 3:13 pm

totally random, and you obvi don’t have to answer if you don’t want to, but i don’t recall you ever going to derek’s apt, he seems to always come to visit you, where does he live?