Pumpkin!

by Meghann on September 23, 2010

It’s back!!!

IMG_0245

Pumpkin! Pumpkin! Pumpkin!

IMG_0246

Truth: I’ve been hoarding this can since last winter, but this morning was the first morning I woke up and though “Man, I really want some pumpkin!”

IMG_0248

1/2 a cup of the pumpkin went into my blender as well as some ice, vanilla yogurt, PB2, pumpkin spice, and almond milk.

IMG_0251

Topped with Attune Maple Munch Granola and some Raisins, this bowl was a frothy, fall treat. 🙂

IMG_0253

Welcome back Pumpkin! I’ve missed ya! 🙂

IMG_0260

IMG_0264

I ran 4 miles this morning.

Goal: Negative Splits

• 9:20
  • 8:52
  • 8:39
  • 8:20

Now if I can keep that up for 9 miles on Saturday I will be one happy girl.

p.s. I charged the ipod last night and was very happy to zone out to the sounds of Glee and Eminem. 😉

I’m not afraid (I’m not afraid)
To take a stand (to take a stand)
Everybody (everybody)
Come take my hand (come take my hand)
We’ll walk this road together, through the storm
Whatever weather, cold or warm
Just lettin you know that, you’re not alone
Holla if you feel like you’ve been down the same road (same road)

– Not Afraid, Eminem

Peace!

1 Matt September 23, 2010 at 9:14 am

Pumpkin waffles for me tomorrow 🙂
Matt recently posted..Gnocchi With Meat Sauce

2 KristaFit September 23, 2010 at 9:15 am

That looks amazing! I have had both of my grandmas, plus my fiance (all the way in North Dakota) on a Libby’s canned pumpkin search for me. (The shortage?!) Both Grandmas finally had luck this week AND my fiance shipped me 8 huge cans. I now have 16 cans. Is that what a hoarder is? ; ) Can’t wait to make that pumpkin/yogurt breakfast treat!

3 Meghann September 23, 2010 at 1:51 pm

CRAZY! I’m in extreme awe and extreme jealousy right now. I wish I had family members all over the country to be on the look out for me!

4 Freya September 23, 2010 at 9:16 am

Yeha, I am SO jealous of all the pumpkin! I’ve only ever had one pumpkin can in my entire life…:'(
Freya recently posted..Time for Twelve again

5 B September 23, 2010 at 9:19 am

Looks delicious! I had pumpkin oatmeal (and pumpkin spice coffee) for breakfast this morning!
B recently posted..I am…

6 Cailin @ Stir Crazy September 23, 2010 at 9:24 am

Yum! Another great pumpkin recipe! There are so many I want to try, I don’t know where to begin 🙂
Cailin @ Stir Crazy recently posted..Day 10 Final Day!- Clean Eating Challenge

7 Marina September 23, 2010 at 9:33 am

Pumpkin is so amazing, I can’t wait to make some pumpkin pancakes tomorrow! 🙂
Music always gets me going when I run
Marina recently posted..sleepy eyes

8 Caitlin September 23, 2010 at 9:37 am

Holla.

9 Lindsay September 23, 2010 at 5:49 pm

If this was facebook I would like this comment.

10 K September 23, 2010 at 10:14 am

The leaves are changing from green to orange and red here- and it has me thinking about pumpkin too. Now I just have to figure out what kind of pumpkin recipe to break out:) Your breakfast sounds delicious.
K recently posted..hills we eat them for breakfast

11 Nic September 23, 2010 at 10:24 am

Love those Eminem lyrics. I’m not a big fan of his, but I can totally see how that song can inspire and motivate you to run a little faster! Good luck on the nine miles, you’ll do great!
Nic recently posted..A product review!

12 Maria @ Oh Healthy Day September 23, 2010 at 10:28 am

I purchased pumpkin the other day and then came home and realized it was the pie mix (read: sugar filled)! I’m still using it, but just seeing your can makes me drool!

I used that song to get me through a rough part of a race last weekend – it worked too!

13 Sana September 23, 2010 at 10:53 am

Sooooo I have never had pumpkin…. I supposed I should just grab a can and dig in?
Sana recently posted..Am I a Trail Mix Person

14 Biz September 23, 2010 at 10:58 am

I still can’t find Libby’s pumpkin, and caved in and bought a can of organic pumpkin at Whole Foods – $3 for the can! I keep looking though!

Did you see the season premiere of Glee?? Loved it!
Biz recently posted..Such a fun day!

15 Rachel (Two Healthy Plates) September 23, 2010 at 11:08 am

I just found pumpkin in my town this week – so excited! haha

Your breakfast looks great!
Rachel (Two Healthy Plates) recently posted..Pumpkin Spice Granola

16 Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin September 23, 2010 at 11:09 am

That smoothie looks awesome! I haven’t gotten any canned pumpkin yet but can’t wait until I spot it in stores around here!
Beth @ Beth’s Journey to Thin recently posted..The Prize Arrived and Grocery Store Loot

17 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday September 23, 2010 at 11:10 am

Cool SIAB
Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday recently posted..advanced yoga review

18 Susan @ Mom Swim Bike Run September 23, 2010 at 11:11 am

Did you really like Glee’s version. I’m not a Gleek but I heard a snipit on the radio and thought it was a little weird. I could be wrong. Great job on your run!
Susan @ Mom Swim Bike Run recently posted..Will Wake for Food

19 Heather September 23, 2010 at 11:14 am

I cracked open my first can of pumpkin last week – so delicious!

I love that new Eminem song – it is also on my running playlist.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

20 Tina September 23, 2010 at 11:36 am

I’ve been having pumpkin in my breakfasts ALL week. Loving it!!!
Tina recently posted..a day of birthdays

21 Michelle @ Turning Over a New Leaf September 23, 2010 at 11:48 am

My mom had a giant can of Libby’s in her pantry, and she gave it to me early this summer. However, I was unaware of the shortage and used it up pretty quickly. I’ve been pumpkin-parched here for a while!
Michelle @ Turning Over a New Leaf recently posted..Finding Purpose

22 Erica September 23, 2010 at 11:51 am

Now that is a gorgeous breakfast! Hooray for pumpkin being back (I’ve missed it so!) Great job on the run. I’m sure you will rock it this weekend
Erica recently posted..Cookie Giveaway &amp Workout Wednesday

23 Evan Thomas September 23, 2010 at 12:00 pm

I love that Heather and now you have ended posts with Eminem lyrics…
The only song I really love by him is Love The Way It Burns

24 Tobi Nicholson September 23, 2010 at 12:02 pm

So funny that you posted about pumpkin this morning because I have been hoarding the same Libby’s can in my pantry since last winter and I actually looked at it this morning and thought the same thing you did. I was gonna do a post to request pumpkin recipes…..still might….Love your idea but I still just don’t think I can do a smoothie in a bowl…just doesn’t seem right, kinda like cold soup…just not right..???hmmmm??? I know, I’m crazy and not very adventurous..haha!!
Tobi Nicholson recently posted..3 Important Things before Date Night!

25 Kelly September 23, 2010 at 12:23 pm

Hooray for Pumpkin, and a fully charged running playlist!
Kelly recently posted..Wedding Number 3

26 Ashley September 23, 2010 at 12:27 pm

I jam out to Glee tunes when I run too! Love them! The pumpkin looks delicious! I’ll have to try this recipe soon!
Ashley recently posted..Sick –

27 Jessica @ The Process of Healing September 23, 2010 at 12:44 pm

A pumpkin smoothie.. kinda like fall meets summer!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Pumpkin Crazy

28 Stacey (The Habit of Healthy) September 23, 2010 at 12:48 pm

Ok, I have never had pumpkin. I have absolutely no idea what it tastes like but you American’s seem to love it; it’s everywhere! I wonder if we even sell it in the UK? I’ll have to keep an eye out for it.
Stacey (The Habit of Healthy) recently posted..Pina Colada Porridge

29 Courtney Moore September 23, 2010 at 1:31 pm

I am not a huge fan of Eminem, but I AM a huge fan of your pumpkin breakfast! 🙂 I am in Texas, and it sure doesn’t feel like fall here! It’s sure nice to see a little fall food though. 🙂
Courtney Moore recently posted..Once Upon A Time

30 Liz @ Blog is the New Black September 23, 2010 at 1:59 pm

I’m not a big pumpkin lover but everyone’s posts lately are making me want it!

31 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine September 23, 2010 at 2:18 pm

I busted out the pumpkin yesterday…and can’t wait to include it in my snack today! So good! Hope you’re having a wonderful Thursday!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Hungry Bug

32 Laura September 23, 2010 at 4:11 pm

Is canned pumpkin not available all year round in Florida??? It is always on the shelf here (I am in Utah now but I lived in Cali 23 years and it was always available to buy).

33 Bee Goes Bananas September 23, 2010 at 9:48 pm

I still can’t find pure canned pumpkin. All the stuff I find is packed full with sugar and preservatives.

Where do you find your canned pumpkin??
Bee Goes Bananas recently posted..New Layout!

34 Andrea (@ Puppy Dog Tales) September 24, 2010 at 10:49 am

OMG…I”m with you on the pumpkin hording. I scoured every store in western MD for a can to make my Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle last thanksgiving. I found a dusty can in my sisters pantry. The stars were aligned. I’m not taking any chances this year. I already have 8 cans in my pantry. ha!
Andrea (@ Puppy Dog Tales) recently posted..Sights and Sounds of Fall