No Chit Chat

by Meghann on September 22, 2010

Ahhhh!!!! Talk about a crazy day!

No time to chit chat. Let’s get to the point!

Snack

IMG_0170

Lunch

IMG_0175

This is my “I was too busy making travel arrangements, send e-blasts, and sitting in meetings to think of lunch” lunch.

IMG_0171

I tend to get semi-creative when I’m just randomly throwing things into a bowl from the fridge. This combination included:

• Arugula
  • Broccoli
  • 1/2 Peach
  • Olives
  • Slice of Dad’s Homemade Bread
  • Veggie Burger
  • Drizzle of Honey Mustard Dressing

IMG_0180

Oddly enough the combination worked! ‘Twas a delicious random meal.

IMG_0187

p.s. I made my boss my famous Carrot + Peanut Butter + Spinach Wrap today and she LOVED IT. She can’t stop raving about it! 🙂

p.p.s.s. Thanks for all of your Office Wellness Program suggestions in yesterday’s post. There was a lot of valuable information in that post that I plan to break down and present to our little Office Wellness Committee we formed.

Look what starts Monday!

IMAG0182

Progress people, Progress! 🙂

1 Kelly September 22, 2010 at 1:48 pm

So funny that you are making your boss lunches now, haha.
Kelly recently posted..Wedding Number 3

2 Sana September 22, 2010 at 1:51 pm

I want to join your walking club :)!
Sana recently posted..Am I a Trail Mix Person

3 Freya September 22, 2010 at 1:51 pm

Sounds like you’re having a busy day!
Perfect time to ask a long question then :p well, a shorter one – do you use Parallels on your Mac?
Freya recently posted..Time for Twelve again

4 Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin September 22, 2010 at 1:53 pm

That salad does look so random but also delicious! I love just throwing whatever I find in a bowl and calling it lunch.
Beth @ Beth’s Journey to Thin recently posted..The Prize Arrived and Grocery Store Loot

5 Dev September 22, 2010 at 1:54 pm

Wow – that lunch looks yummy!!! Good luck with your wellness plan – I’m doing the same thing at my job now – it sometimes feels like an uphill battle.

6 Tina September 22, 2010 at 1:57 pm

Sounds like you’re one busy lady today! Hope its a good day for you still. 🙂
Tina recently posted..a day of birthdays

7 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday September 22, 2010 at 2:27 pm

How about a “ride your bike to work” club!
Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday recently posted..advanced yoga review

8 kelsey@snackingsquirrel.com September 22, 2010 at 3:07 pm

gorgeous lunch!!! .. so much more lovely with ur papa’s homemade bread too <3

xoxo

9 christina cadden September 22, 2010 at 3:40 pm

I am going to have to try the carrot, pb and spinach wrap.

10 kate September 22, 2010 at 4:11 pm

Are you getting extra vacation days for making your boss lunch?

11 Stacey (The Habit of Healthy) September 22, 2010 at 4:12 pm

Carrot, peanut butter and spinach does sound amazing, I’ll have to give it a try myself. Enjoy the rest of your day!
Stacey (The Habit of Healthy) recently posted..Pina Colada Porridge

12 cara September 22, 2010 at 4:55 pm

i wish those programs were encouraged at my work. but here they just encourage you to work as late as possible.

13 Andrea September 22, 2010 at 4:59 pm

I love the walking club idea!

14 Lisa (bakebikeblog) September 22, 2010 at 5:55 pm

I Love that you added peaches – YUM!
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..Fun in the sun

15 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat September 22, 2010 at 6:25 pm

I’m having one of those days too. Lunch was pure leftovers, and I am feeling very uninspired for dinner. Hopefully something comes to me in the next hour or so!
Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat recently posted..Enter My Blogging Time Machine!

16 Krystina September 22, 2010 at 7:23 pm

The walking club sounds awesome!
Krystina recently posted..Chill It with Millet

17 Tyly September 22, 2010 at 7:54 pm

You work for eschool? My district just started using their grading/attendance program this year! It’s called eschool plus, but I’m sure it’s part of your company. We’re a very big district, so I’m sure your company made tons of money off of us! 🙂

I am in charge of a Biggest Loser competition at my school {for the second time} right now, and we love it! We use percentages, not pounds, and everyone pitches into the pot. We have one weekly weigh in.

18 blah October 22, 2010 at 11:14 pm

eSchoolPLUS is owned by Sungard Public Sector. eSchool Solutions is different.

19 Tyly October 23, 2010 at 8:38 am

Thanks, Blah. Innocent mistake.

20 Charise September 23, 2010 at 10:00 am

My company has a pretty big piece of property backed up to a river, so we have a pretty good 1 mile walking trail on-site. There are TONS of lunchtime power walkers, although I’ve only used it a few times cuz I like to get my work done and get outta there to get on to the rest of my day! Plus, I’ve always wondered how people sit in their offices the rest of the day after a 30 min walk in 90 degree weather.