Daily Deals!

by Meghann on September 21, 2010

Just in case you were wondering what I’ll be doing on 10-11-10 😉

LSdeal

I’ve been waiting for a spa package deal to come through for a while now. I mean… a facial? a mani/pedi? a massage? What better way to unwind after a marathon?!?!

And this is why the powers that be invented daily deals that are delivered straight to your inbox.

I also bought this one

cupcakesdeal

What? It’s for a good cause! All proceeds go directly to the Florida Hospital for Children. Just doing my part. 😉

After spending too much money while trying to ‘save money’ this morning, I headed to my gym for an hour long boot camp class. Our usual room had some sound issues, so we were moved to the basketball court where our instructor had us run a million laps, complete a million lunges, and do a million suicides. I guess the extra room gave her extra power?

I love that no two boot camp classes are ever the same and I really admire the teacher’s ability to quickly adapt to her new surroundings today. We didn’t have access to our usual weights, jump ropes, or medicine balls, but she improvised and I think we had an even better work out just relying on our body weight alone. Just goes to show you that all that fancy equipment is so unnecessary to stay in shape, all you really need is your own body weight and a little motivation.

IMG_9993

Last night I had prepped one of Gina’s Breakfast Cookie for a quick and easy post-gym meal.

IMG_9995

• 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
  • Apple Sauce
  • Raisins
  • Chocolate Chips
  • Flax Seed
  • Cinnamon
  • Almond Butter

Mush everything together and put in fridge over night.

IMG_9997

Topped with vanilla yogurt

IMG_9998

And jam

IMG_0002

IMG_0006

IMG_0007

What’s the Daily Deal in your city right now?

1 Michelle September 21, 2010 at 9:16 am

I bought the Sweet! Cupcakes deal today too! Love them!
Michelle recently posted..Miscellany Monday

2 Jessica @ The Process of Healing September 21, 2010 at 9:23 am

I STILL haven’t tried those breakfast cookies.. need to get on that!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Pumpkin Crazy

3 faith @ gracefulfitness September 21, 2010 at 9:33 am

Yay for Groupon! I just joined a month or two ago. Unfortunately they don’t have deals specifically for Charlottesville but I get the Richmond and DC area deals and some of them are worth buying. There are some absolute steals on there!
faith @ gracefulfitness recently posted..Pumpkin- 4 ways

4 Freya (Brit Chick Runs) September 21, 2010 at 9:43 am

There are no daily deals in my city (aka middle of nowhere…) – I wish there was!
I loooove boot camp classes, yours sounds SO fun!
Freya (Brit Chick Runs) recently posted..Time for Twelve again

5 Kelly September 21, 2010 at 10:16 am

I never seem to get as many good deals as Orlando does, sigh. Maybe once I move down to VA it will be better.
Kelly recently posted..Wedding Number 3

6 Therese September 21, 2010 at 10:36 am

Awesome deal! Mine for this morning was $38 for four weeks of unlimited use of one of the city’s gyms! Too bad it’s not anywhere CLOSE to where I live! I LOVE these deals!
Therese recently posted..Coconut Cupcakes with POM Kiwi Buttercream Icing

7 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday September 21, 2010 at 10:36 am

Wild Blueberry Merlot? sounds awesome!!
Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday recently posted..advanced yoga review

8 Jean@RoastedRootsandPumpkinSpice September 21, 2010 at 10:51 am

I love groupon! They have so many amazing deals here in NYC. I haven’t tried any spa deals yet, but that’s definitely something I have planned in the future.

9 Lauren @ laurenINlawrence September 21, 2010 at 10:53 am

The Groupon in Kansas City today is for University of Kansas football tickets. The reaction has been pretty funny – I think the fans of KU’s rival schools (Kansas State and Missouri) are pretty amused that KU has to use Groupon to try to drive ticket sales. Creative, but still seems like a sort of desperate way to try and sell tickets.
Lauren @ laurenINlawrence recently posted..steakhouse

10 Rachel @ Fit Fun and Fabulous September 21, 2010 at 11:40 am

You are my hero. Training for a marathon, eating healthy, working full-time, AND hitting up multiple classes at your gym every week. How do you do it?!

11 Shannon @ Freshman Yr September 21, 2010 at 11:46 am

Today’s Deal: $50 for $125 Worth of Designer Denim and Apparel at National Jean Company

^^ Ah thanks for introducing me to this!!!

12 Jaclyn September 21, 2010 at 12:27 pm

I too have been waiting *stalking* Groupon for a decent spa deal!! Not yet, but fingers are xd!!!!!!!!!! Yum– what a great deal on cupcakes, that will be a fun post- marathon treat too!!! 😀

13 Gavi @ GaviGetsGoing! September 21, 2010 at 1:12 pm

I’m really into Daily Deals, Trubates, Living Social, Groupon, etc. right now! Yoga deals are hot today, and I’m thinking of buying. I’ve been wanting to try the breakfast cookie for a while now but I don’t know how much of the ingredients to use. How much AB, raisins, and apple sauce do you use? Enjoy your sweet deals! 🙂
Gavi @ GaviGetsGoing! recently posted..Good Guilt- Finding my Own Healthy

14 Meghann September 21, 2010 at 2:20 pm

I do it by feel. I use 1/2 a cup of rolled oats then mix that with 1/2 of a single serving container of applesauce or about 3 or 4 small spoonfuls. I also throw in a spoonful of nu butter, a hard shake of cinnamon, and a mini handful of raisins and chocolate chips.

15 Lisa September 21, 2010 at 1:18 pm

Sounds like the perfect day to me!! I love Groupon. We’re using one tomorrow in fact!
Lisa recently posted..A Work in Progress

16 kristy @ kristyruns.com September 21, 2010 at 1:26 pm

Ummmm…why didn’t i know about these daily deals? Must investigate further. 😉
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..September Sun

17 Shannon, Tropical Eats September 21, 2010 at 1:54 pm

tampa’s is $10 for $20 worth of pizza and drinks at tour de pizza in st pete. apparently it’s by the creator of the pizza diet and is a cycling themed pizzaria! 🙂
Shannon, Tropical Eats recently posted..Big News

18 Meghann September 21, 2010 at 2:13 pm

I’ve been trying to get Derek into the Tampa deals, but he doesn’t seem as into it as I am 🙂

19 Ingrid September 21, 2010 at 4:26 pm

My husband and I bought a Living Social deal for an awesome Indian restaurant where we intend to take our vegan friends. I’ve been procrastinating at school today looking at the online menu and dreaming about what I’ll order!
Ingrid recently posted..Kitchen Fail Version 20

20 Bria September 21, 2010 at 7:40 pm

Our local hot yoga/pilates/spin studio is having a “Pink Week” to raise $$ for breast cancer research. All classes are by donation!! I hit up hot yoga at noon today for $5, AND supported a great cause. :):)
Bria recently posted..Fun in Numbers

21 Tiffany September 21, 2010 at 10:11 pm

I bought the same massage deal. For that price…on Park Ave…SOLD!

22 rebecca lustig September 21, 2010 at 11:12 pm