more ยป" />

Side Crow

by Meghann on September 20, 2010

I did side crow!

This is when having a roommate/ live in boyfriend would come in handy. I immediately came home and attempted to take photos of myself holding side crow, but…

IMG_2878.JPG IMG_2879.JPG

this was as close as I got.

I guess you’ll just have to take my word for it. ๐Ÿ˜‰

p.s. ignore the mess in the background. I’m still in the process of unpacking from the weekend. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hot Yoga was deliciously slow and complicated this evening. We began with an intense core strength work out then moved on from there. Warrior threes, full minute planks, complicated pretzel moves I won’t even begin to name, etc. It was hard.

Our teacher likes to work a lesson into each class and today’s lesson focused on slowing down and not being in a rush. She made it a point to show us that we can work up a sweat without any sun salutations. The class opened with a downward dog and ended with a downward dog, but that was it. It was an interesting approach to the baptiste style of yoga and it resulted in a nice change of pace.

Before yoga I had a hunk of homemade bread with a slather of peanut butter and a crumbled dark chocolate adora disc.

Apparently, my dad had a lot of free time this weekend. On top of the elaborate dinner and dessert he made for us last night, he had also made two loaves of homemade bread. I took half a loaf home with me yesterday and look forward to slowly making my way through it this week. ๐Ÿ™‚

Dinner involved a hole.

A pan

And a Scrambled Egg

Flip

Then things got complicated. ๐Ÿ˜‰

The eggs in a pita basket became a Mexican Fiesta of sorts with the addition of black bean & corn salsa, plain yogurt and feta.

Plus a carrot fence. ๐Ÿ™‚

Last week I was one of the lucky highest bidders in Tina‘s Blogging Bake Sale.

My prize? Kate’s Chocolate-Peanut Butter Crunch Bars.

The bars resembled rice krispie treats that had been coated with peanut butter and a chocolate ganache. Mmmmm…… sounds like my idea of a good dessert.

The bars were very rich, gooey, and delicious. The chocolate peanut butter coating gave the bars a sweet touch while the pretzels provided a salty crunch. Totally worth every charitable penny. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks Kate!!

Time for Gossip Girl!

xoxo

1 Evan Thomas September 20, 2010 at 10:19 pm

I love the stash of race bibs on your wall! I’ve kept all of mine, all 2 ๐Ÿ™‚

2 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat September 20, 2010 at 10:26 pm

Your dinner is so creative, especially with that carrot fence ๐Ÿ™‚

Congrats on achieving side crow! I’ve only tried a handful of times, but man, is that a hard pose!
Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat recently posted..Wipe Out!

3 melissa (fitnessnyc) September 20, 2010 at 10:31 pm

loving gossip girl so far, xoxo ๐Ÿ™‚

Congrats on the side crow, amazing!
melissa (fitnessnyc) recently posted..End of September Scoop

4 christina cadden September 20, 2010 at 10:33 pm

mmm, it all looks so good!

5 Shannon @ Freshman Yr of Life September 20, 2010 at 10:39 pm

I must try the egg in a hole thing. Thanks for reminding me!
and way to be SUPER strong, that’s awesome

6 Lily @ Lily's Health Pad September 20, 2010 at 10:41 pm

That’s crazy! I’d never even heard of side crow. But I just watched a youtube video, and I got really close to getting into it!

7 Jean@RoastedRootsandPumpkinSpice September 20, 2010 at 10:44 pm

I’ve been trying to do the side crow for so long and I still can’t get it. Congrats on getting it!

Loving your eggs in a hole dinner.

8 Lisa (bakebikeblog) September 20, 2010 at 10:50 pm

oooh congrats on the side crow yay!
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..Fun in the sun

9 Nicci (Nifty Eats) September 20, 2010 at 10:51 pm

Great diner, oh and Gossip Girl was so good tonight.
Nicci (Nifty Eats) recently posted..Getting My Austin Greek On

10 Melissa September 20, 2010 at 10:58 pm

That’s amazing that you can do side crow! This is inspiring me to go to yoga more often! Eggs in a Pita Basket is going to be breakfast tomorrow. Can’t wait to get up for that ๐Ÿ™‚
Melissa recently posted..EatontheRun Updates

11 Marina September 21, 2010 at 1:10 am

Congratulations on the side crow!
My arms are so weak, I wish I could do a push-up, and then someday a crow maybe ๐Ÿ˜€
Marina recently posted..scrub&clean

12 Sarah for Real September 21, 2010 at 1:41 am

Hmm… Roommate or live-in boyfriend? What about a husband?! ๐Ÿ˜‰ hehe after all your tweets about wedding stuff I couldn’t help myself
Sarah for Real recently posted..Bulk Buys You Might Not Consider

13 Lauren September 21, 2010 at 6:55 am

COngrats for rockin the crow!!! That’s awesome. LAst time I tried this, I fell flat on my face. LoL ๐Ÿ™‚
Lauren recently posted..Fall Teasers

14 Liz @ Blog is the New Black September 21, 2010 at 7:23 am

Congrats on your crow! ANd your dessert… wow, looks great!

15 Elizabeth September 21, 2010 at 7:48 am

I’ve never tried hot yoga before, but I want to. Is it really scary/hard the first time?
And yum yum to the dessert. Looks amazing.
Elizabeth recently posted..Ideal Friday Night

16 Tina September 21, 2010 at 8:20 am

Woo! Good job on side crow. ๐Ÿ˜€ And it sounds like it was a great class.
Tina recently posted..a day of birthdays

17 Biz September 21, 2010 at 8:29 am

I’ll take your word for it Meghann – that pose is impossible! ๐Ÿ˜€
Biz recently posted..Bizzy Weekend!

18 Kelly September 21, 2010 at 8:30 am

Congrats on side crow! I’ve tried that a few times before, super hard!
Kelly recently posted..Wedding Number 3

19 Mindy @ just a one girl revolution. September 21, 2010 at 10:15 am

Side crow, impressive girl! It’s that kind of stuff that is a reminder of how much I need to work on my upper body strength!
Mindy @ just a one girl revolution. recently posted..oh what a week

20 Jessica September 21, 2010 at 11:55 am

Jealous! I want to get into side crow so bad! My goal is to do it before the end of the year. My upper body strength isn’t quite there yet, but I’m getting close!
Jessica recently posted..Whole-Wheat Brownies

21 Nic September 21, 2010 at 12:18 pm

Holy side crow batman! And all while trying to strike the pose in front of a timed camera. Super impressive!
Nic recently posted..A different kind of za

22 Sana September 21, 2010 at 9:01 pm

I love your self timer pics;) At least you were not falling over in them!
Sana recently posted..Am I a Trail Mix Person