Back to Greens

by Meghann on September 20, 2010

Do you know how I recover from a heavy weekend of eating out?

With a salad.

IMG_9943

A big,  beautiful salad full of pretty greens, lots of veggies, healthy fats and proteins.

IMG_9945

My salad:

• Arugula
  • Tomato
  • Mushrooms
  • Broccoli
  • Pecans
  • Raisins
  • Feta Cheese
  • Hummus
  • Tabbouli

IMG_9951

With the last of a bag of tortilla chips on the side.

IMG_9946

Because life deserves a bit of crunch in it.

IMG_9941

And something sweet.

IMG_9937

The cantaloupe + raisins + almonds made an excellent morning snack. πŸ™‚

On the Road Again…

Looks like I’ll be heading to Myrtle Beach for a work gig a couple of days after I run the Chicago Marathon. Any locals interested in a meet up on October 12th? πŸ˜‰

Derek’s Run for MS…

Derek runs his first half marathon in less than 2 weeks (yikes!) Show him your support by donating to his Run for MS donation page. πŸ™‚

Hot yoga is on the schedule for this evening! Can’t wait. πŸ™‚

Namaste

1 Ellie September 20, 2010 at 2:15 pm

WOW your a girl who travels. I agree a salad and some greens always gets me back on track after a crazy weekend. Looks like you had fun though. Have fun with your last month of training. I ran a race this weekend and remembered the most important thing about racing is to
RUN HAPPY
Ellie recently posted..cram chem in the corner

2 kristy @ kristyruns.com September 20, 2010 at 2:28 pm

Dang…you get to go to Myrtle Beach for work? Niiiiice. I always get to travel to middle of nowhere rural GA. Fun. :/

Have fun at yoga!
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..September Sun

3 Anna @ Doing Good & Living Well September 20, 2010 at 2:37 pm

Amen to that! I had a huge salad for lunch today and it was the perfect way to start the week. So delicious!

4 Freya (Brit Chick Runs) September 20, 2010 at 3:08 pm

A big salad never fails!!
Wow, you travel so much!! Don’t you ever miss home!?
Freya (Brit Chick Runs) recently posted..Time for Twelve again

5 Meghann September 20, 2010 at 3:10 pm

I miss home so much! My boss and I are trading off work trips. She just came from back to back user groups, so it’s my turn. πŸ™

6 Jean@RoastedRootsandPumpkinSpice September 20, 2010 at 3:28 pm

I do the same when I’m trying to detox from a heavy eating weekend. Lots of veggies, fruits, water, and tea. So jealous of your travels!

7 Lisa September 20, 2010 at 3:40 pm

That’s usually my move after over-indulging on vacation!!
Lisa recently posted..A Work in Progress

8 Tracey September 20, 2010 at 3:49 pm

A big salad is always my recovery tool when I feel like I’ve been eating junky food. I’ve been on a serious arugula kick, I’m loving it!

9 Christina September 20, 2010 at 3:50 pm

My mom and I do a mother/daughter weekend trip to Myrtle Beach about twice a year and I highly recommend eating at the Sea Captain’s House if you get a chance! For us, a trip to Myrtle Beach is not complete without it.

Their regular menu features your standard fried/broiled seafood (which I’m sure is great) but each night they offer a smaller menu of chef specials that are more “upscale” dishes. We order off of the specials menu each time we eat there and we’ve never been disappointed! I hope you have a great time!

10 Alyssa September 20, 2010 at 4:42 pm

A Myrtle beach work gig a few days after your marathon? What an awesome way to relax afterwards? Funny how things work out like that πŸ˜‰

11 Kate September 20, 2010 at 5:38 pm

I would love to meet-up in Myrtle Beach! I live not too far from there but is October 12th a Tuesday?

12 Meghann September 21, 2010 at 3:16 pm

Yes, it’s a Tuesday. I fly in Tuesday and have a conference Wednesday and Thursday then fly home late that evening.

13 kate September 20, 2010 at 5:40 pm

Is a 3 hour drive considered local?
kate recently posted..Culinary Confidence

14 Paige @ Running Around Normal September 20, 2010 at 6:17 pm

Traveling again?! At least Myrtle Beach is pretty, eh? Travelings great – but I hear ya on wanting to stay home a bit.
Enjoy yoga!

15 Lisa (bakebikeblog) September 20, 2010 at 7:14 pm

oooh tasty lunch indeed!!!
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..Fun in the sun

16 Lee September 20, 2010 at 7:39 pm

I totally agree with you that a salad is the best remedy for a weekend of heavy eats. Especially a colorful one like yours.
Lee recently posted..Some races you race- some you run

17 rebecca lustig September 20, 2010 at 7:58 pm

hummus + taboulli? to die for!

glad you enjoyed th weeked– so worth the salad (which i think is just as, if not more, appetizing than eating out)

have a great night!
bec xo
rebecca lustig recently posted..Love Your Body-

18 Liz @ Blog is the New Black September 20, 2010 at 8:13 pm

Delicious looking salad you’ve got there!

19 Lauren September 20, 2010 at 8:16 pm

You are always on the go! πŸ™‚ Myrtle Beach is such a fun place. Have fun girl!
Lauren recently posted..Fall Teasers

20 Jessica @ The Process of Healing September 20, 2010 at 8:56 pm

Awww I LOVE Myrtle!!!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Pumpkin Crazy

21 Sana September 22, 2010 at 1:38 pm

Tabbouli + Hummus are my go to ideas for wraps! SO GOOD!
Sana recently posted..Am I a Trail Mix Person

22 Brittney September 23, 2010 at 11:04 pm

You’re coming to Myrtle Beach? AWESOME. My college is in Myrtle Beach! I am ridiculously excited you’re coming here. I’ve been reading your blog for a while now but never commented. Maybe I’ll randomly run into you one day. πŸ™‚