Good Morning!

by Meghann on September 17, 2010

And Happy Friday! 🙂

I have a 20 mile run in the works for tomorrow morning (Yikes!), so today was an easy day. I took to my gym’s treadmill and did an easy 45 minute walk while reading the latest issue of Runner’s World. By the way, I love how they are featuring a pregnant Kara Goucher and Paula Radcliff in this month’s issue. Such a great read and very informative. I hope to one day in the very far off future –sorry Mom! – to be as cute and pregnant as them on my morning runs. 🙂

And that 20 miler run I’m doing tomorrow? Oh yeah, I’m completing it in Ft Lauderdale while I am taking a mini vacay with Derek, Kelly and Anthony (more information on that in my post this afternoon). This will be my FOURTH long run I’ve completed while traveling while training for this particular marathon – others included: Miami, Chicago, and New York – proving once again that being a heavy traveler [and having a full time job] does not have to get in the way with marathon training! (I think this is my new theme for this training season) It’s all about balance and exploring new areas.

Now, on to breakfast!

IMG_9533

The bowl:

• 1/2 cup Greenwise Flakes
  • 1/2 cup Shredded Wheat
  • 1/4 cup Attune Chocolate Munch
  • Plain Yogurt
  • Figs Preserves <—local and fresh from the Farmer’s Market. I <3!
  • 1/2 Peach
  • Cantaloupe

IMG_9524

Have I mentioned how much I love this chocolate granola before? Because I do. It’s the perfect sweet addition to any breakfast.

IMG_9515

Let’s get this Friday started! I have things to do and people to see!

1 Freya (Brit Chick Runs) September 17, 2010 at 9:15 am

Wooww you’re doing so many 20milers! When do you start the taper?
Freya (Brit Chick Runs) recently posted..Whole Foods- Take Two

2 Meghann September 17, 2010 at 9:20 am

Taper starts after the 20 miler. I have 3 weeks to rest my legs before the big day!

3 Biz September 17, 2010 at 9:18 am

Meghann, my husband was able to convert my Oprah show appearance from 1991 – I just posted it so check it out if you have time today!

Happy Friday – it’s my Saturday since I have the day off! 😀
Biz recently posted..Challenge 1 – Ready- Set- Blog! Welcome to My Bizzy Kitchen

4 Heather @ Side of Sneakers September 17, 2010 at 9:18 am

I think traveling for long runs is pretty much the best thing ever- all the new scenery distracts you from how far you’re going. Kinda like in a race 😉

Have a fun trip!
Heather @ Side of Sneakers recently posted..Project Food Blog- Ready- Set- Blog! The Mysterious Case of the Two-Sided Sneakers

5 D September 17, 2010 at 9:45 am

Hi Meghann,

I’ve been reading your blog foreeeever and commented many times, but I just wanted to say that I think you’re really admirable for the way you balance everything, and your blog is one of the most awesome and genuine out there. I think you have an incredible balance of work, health, friends, relationship, running, and fun, and you make it look so effortless! Plus I admire that you live alone and have a full-time job, because it shows how well you manage your time and responsibilities. Good luck with the 20 miler tomorrow! I’m training for my 1st marathon (Disney!!) so don’t make it sound too scary please 🙁

6 Meghann September 17, 2010 at 10:00 am

And I’ll be running Disney too – trust me you are going to rock it! It’s a great race that’s lots of fun!

7 Heather September 17, 2010 at 9:49 am

Sounds like a great weekend you have planned! It must be a great change in pace to run in a different city – especially for a long one!

Hope the day goes fast! Safe travels this weekend!
Heather recently posted..Thirsty

8 Kelly September 17, 2010 at 9:51 am

Have fun in Ft. Lauderdale! Good luck with the 20 miler.
Kelly recently posted..Challenge 1- Ready- Set- Blog!

9 Stacey September 17, 2010 at 9:59 am

Nomnomnom..your breakfast looks like dessert, and I LOVE THAT! Good luck on your run tomorrow 😀 Happy Friday to YOUuuuuu!!!
Stacey recently posted..You Know You’re Me When…

10 Nic September 17, 2010 at 10:11 am

Good luck on your 20 miler! Hopefully you will get lost in the sights of Ft. Lauderdale and your run just flies by!
Nic recently posted..Paris will have to wait

11 Anna @ Doing Good & Living Well September 17, 2010 at 10:26 am

What an awesome way to not get bored with your long runs/see a city! My boss (also a marathoner) runs when we go to new cities. I think in about three weeks he had long runs in Atlanta, Austin, Phoenix, Sacramento and LA. I need to get my distance up so I can explore new cities via run too!

Chocolate makes EVERYTHING better! 🙂
Anna @ Doing Good & Living Well recently posted..Foiled!

12 Elizabeth September 17, 2010 at 10:44 am

Where did you find the chocolate granola? I need to try that. And good luck on your run. I live in Fort Lauderdale and there’s definitely lots to see around here.

13 Theodora @ Losing Weight in the City September 17, 2010 at 10:52 am

Considering I did 2/3 of the traveling long runs with you, sorry I can’t be in Fort Lauderdale this weekend! 🙂

14 Nichole September 17, 2010 at 11:04 am

You are totally going to knock out that run, and everyone on vacay will have that twinge of guilt that you were such a rock star, lol:)
Nichole recently posted..My karma ran over your dogma

15 Gavi @ GaviGetsGoing! September 17, 2010 at 11:09 am

I LOVE that balance is the theme of your marathon training! I am training for a half right now, and I am finding that it is entirely possible–and incredibly fun!–to strike a balance between my running schedule, a full-time job, my boyfriend, my family and friends, and all of the other wonderful things in my life. It takes some negotiating, but you are evidence of the fact that it IS possible! 🙂
Gavi @ GaviGetsGoing! recently posted..Tri-umphant!

16 Katherine @ Left Coast Contessa September 17, 2010 at 11:19 am

That was a great issue of Runner’s World! Have a good 20 miler.
Katherine @ Left Coast Contessa recently posted..Bagels and Old Pasadena

17 kristy @ kristyruns.com September 17, 2010 at 12:07 pm

Running while traveling requires a whole other level of dedication. Get it! 🙂
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..Breakfasts- Lunches- and Dinners! Oh- my!

18 Marie @ReciPeas & Musings September 17, 2010 at 12:20 pm

Mmmm I LOVE fig preserves! Good luck on your run tomorrow!
Marie @ReciPeas & Musings recently posted..Not Your Average PB&J Cookie

19 Alicia at Poise in Parma September 17, 2010 at 12:25 pm

“proving once again that being a heavy traveler [and having a full time job] does not have to get in the way with marathon training”

A variation of this is going to become my half-marathon training mantra for this fall/winter! Just sub “having a busy events calendar” for “being a heavy traveler”, and it’s me! I’m formally starting my training this weekend. I’m so excited to get running!
Alicia at Poise in Parma recently posted..You Lose You Win- My Women’s Health Magazine Feature

20 Stephanie Berube September 17, 2010 at 12:26 pm

Meghann-

I don’t know how I came across your blog a couple of weeks ago but I am so happy that I did! I have been reading it religiously since. Mostly because I relate so much to what you are doing. You have made the commitment one step further than I have but I also am a newbie runner, love cooking, and love talking about fitness and food. I also am an animal lover, a recent graduate, yoga lover, veggie enthusiast (I am not totally vegetarian and I’m not sure you are either but I really prefer veggies as the central point of most meals).

Anyway, I just wanted to say you are doing a great job. I love your pictures and appreciate how much information you include about the foods you eat and especially the recipes. I’m also doing 20 miles this weekend and will be doing my first marathon (with TNT!) on 10-10-10. Is there a place to submit recipe suggestions? I made a couple recipes recently that actually made me think of your blog.

Happy Friday!

21 Exercise and Eat September 17, 2010 at 12:33 pm

Wow… I didn’t even know fig preserves existed- amazeballs!
Exercise and Eat recently posted..Carb-Free is the Way to Be

22 Jillian @ Reshape Your Life September 17, 2010 at 12:45 pm

Have fun on your mini vaca!! Good luck on the 20 miler!!
Jillian @ Reshape Your Life recently posted..30 Day Shred

23 Natalie September 17, 2010 at 1:23 pm

I loved this Runner’s World issue too! I thought they did a great job with the interview and all of the information.
Natalie recently posted..No More Cheerleaders