Brought to you by….

by Meghann on September 16, 2010

Tonight’s dinner was brought to you by the color orange. πŸ™‚

Have you ever seen a more beautiful soup? I think it SCREAMS Fall. Whose ready to carve pumpkins and frolic in the leaves?

Sadly this soup was not of my own creation, but was in fact a re-creation of Erica’s Vegetarian Carrot Soup.

The recipe was simple with just a handful of ingredients. The recipe’s secret ingredient was the parsnips which added a wonderful peppery spice to the soup. The addition of the pecans and raisins on top also gave a nice crunch and touch of sweetness to each bite.

On the side I roasted some red potatoes that i seasoned with salt, pepper, and chili powder.

I believe that was my first soup of the season. This makes me happy. πŸ™‚

Tonight’s dessert was brought to you by the colors GREEN and PINK.

I had a coupon for the Winter Park Menchies that needed to be used tonight or risk expiring while I am out of town this weekend.

This was my first trip to the Winter Park Menchies and I have to say I prefer it over the Sand Lake Road location. It was bigger and had way more flavors that caught my attention! They even had Dole Pineapple, Peanut Butter (!!), and Irish Mint!

My bowl contained a little of all of the above + Oreos and Strawberries on top.

Perfecto. πŸ™‚ Good thing I didn’t let that coupon go to waste!

Today’s snack? It’s color is YELLOW!

IMG_9462.jpg

Cheerios + Applesauce

Awww… memories. πŸ˜‰

What colors were your meals brought to you by today?

1 Tina September 16, 2010 at 9:54 pm

What a fun post! Of course I immediately think of Sesame Street as a mom though. LOL
Tina recently posted..30 days of self love – Perfection

2 Ellie September 16, 2010 at 9:54 pm

fall colors- orange and red! I had butternut tomato squash soup
Ellie recently posted..Brrr It’s cold in here

3 maria @ Chasing the Now September 16, 2010 at 9:55 pm

I’m hoping today is a GREEN day for me. I’m going out with some friends tonight so I need to fit in my veggies! πŸ™‚
maria @ Chasing the Now recently posted..Ready- Set- Blog!

4 Kristy @ KristyRuns.com September 16, 2010 at 10:06 pm

Ooooh…that soup looks great! I still need to try parsnip…

My meals included: green-spinach & avocado, red-tomatoes, white-mushrooms, yellow-banana. Yummy! πŸ˜‰

5 Katie @Sweets and Veggies September 16, 2010 at 10:18 pm

Irish mint is always one of my favorite ones to get!! They never have it though which is really sad! During the fall and winter time they have pumpkin and snickerdoodle and those are delicious!!!
Katie @Sweets and Veggies recently posted..Exciting News…

6 Abby (Nibble, Nourish, Run) September 16, 2010 at 10:18 pm

Oooh that pumpkin soup looks delicious…perfect for fall…bring on the leaves!!

7 Katy September 16, 2010 at 10:39 pm

I LOVE carrot soup! Its one of my favorite things to make in the winter time. I make a honeyed ginger version. Its so simple to make and yet is so yummy and healthy!

8 Caitlin (EatFeats) September 16, 2010 at 10:44 pm

Carrot soup sounds wonderful. I can’t wait until it is soup weather over here!
Caitlin (EatFeats) recently posted..The Best Bread Ever in the History of History

9 Heather September 16, 2010 at 10:59 pm

That soup looks awesome!

My meals were brought to me by the colors yellow and green (egg and pepper sandwich for breakfast), more green and red for lunch (spinach and tomato pizza) and all the colors of the rainbow minus blue for dinner (roasted veggies).
Heather recently posted..Finally!

10 Joanne September 16, 2010 at 10:59 pm

My meals were brought to me by the letter orange as well! I had leftovers of some mexican sweet potato risotto – delicious! I’m all about the orange veggies and so I LOVE this soup! I am so going to have to recreate it. Nothing like the first soup of the season…
Joanne recently posted..Mexican Sweet Potato Risotto – Project Food Blog Challenge 1

11 Natalie September 16, 2010 at 11:25 pm

Your soup looks so good…I have dinner envy!
Natalie recently posted..No More Cheerleaders

12 Nicole September 16, 2010 at 11:38 pm

Haha-love this post, so cute. I don’t think I had enough color in my life today. Oh wait, the color red thanks to the garbanzo bean chili I had for lunch and the red velvet cupcake I had for dessert this evening.

13 Tiffany September 16, 2010 at 11:53 pm

You should have invited me. I love the winter park menchies….yum!

14 Meghann September 17, 2010 at 8:20 am

Send me an e-mail and next time we can meet up there!

15 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] September 16, 2010 at 11:53 pm

I think I ate every color or the rainbow today =]
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..Happy

16 kate September 17, 2010 at 12:53 am

i would donate my first born for some froyo shops in iowa!
kate recently posted..Project Food Blog

17 Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) September 17, 2010 at 3:08 am

I had a dream about ice cream last night because it has been so long since I’ve had it. Seeing this post when I woke up didn’t help. Looks delish!
Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) recently posted..The Case of the Disappearing Posts!

18 Erica September 17, 2010 at 6:06 am

Ow! Yours turned out beautiful! I love the toppings. I am going to have to try it again using them πŸ™‚ We are getting a menchies in my town and I cannot wait. Looks fabulous. I think my night last night was brought to me by the colors light blue (for Body Step) and red (for pump) :)I hope you have a great Friday Meghann!
Erica recently posted..Quick &amp Easy Vegetarian Bowl

19 Lauren September 17, 2010 at 6:57 am

THere are so many days when I love to eat by colors!
Lauren recently posted..There is a New Love in My Life

20 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine September 17, 2010 at 9:00 am

That does scream fall!! Ahhh and I’m glad I’m not the only person who mixes cereal + applesauce. It’s so good together!! Happy Friday!!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Sweet Tooth Revenge

21 faith @ gracefulfitness September 17, 2010 at 10:41 am

Green! I had a bid spring mix salad with beans on top for lunch and another with seared tuna for dinner.
That soup is gorgeous, I think I’ve got to try it.

22 Sana September 17, 2010 at 5:47 pm

I love colorful meals! I would have to say golden brown for the potatoes I had today πŸ™‚
Sana recently posted..Rock Garden

23 BroccoliHut September 17, 2010 at 7:00 pm

“Eat by color” is how I plan my meals, actually. I aim to get as many different colors in each meal as I can!
BroccoliHut recently posted..Pesky Tights and Jelly Doughnuts

24 Halley (Blunder Construction) September 17, 2010 at 7:48 pm

This soup is drop dead gorgeous! Can I even say that about a bowl of soup? Nice work, these pictures make me feel cozy and wrapped up in autumn. πŸ™‚